Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom (A) - 13/09/2020 - Match Thread

We got a lot better in the latter part of the half. Timmy C looks great, such a willing runner and a dangerous crosser.  Some really lovely interplay between our forwards, especially Barnes who has laid off some lovely passes.

Should really be one nill up with the quality of our chances. Hopefully we won't leave our shooting boots in the sheds in the second half. 

Wilf is doing a good job in a position he really should not be playing. And I LOVE watching opposition players trying to hassle Mendy off the ball: it almost never works. He is SO good at keeping the ball under extreme stress, which must be very helpful to this novice centreback pairing. 

Downside: Praet is no Maddison. And Justin is getting massively found out. Bit worried that he could be a walking red card next half. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Is Harvey Barnes actually Jeff Schlupp?

Is James Justin really Ryan McGivern?

Is Dennis Praet Gareth Williams??

And is Brendan Rodgers the coaching mentor once sacked by Claude Puel for being too insipid and uninspiring?

To compare those players with the ones you mentioned clearly shows you kniw nothing about football. This team and all the squad are different gravy to the ones your talking about. 

• Like 3

Justin's in danger of a red. I'd consider subbing him. Not worked up or anything but more because he keeps being caught out.

If Barnes could find the corner of the net as often as he put it straight at the keeper he'd be worth about £100mil.

Surprised how infrequently Castagne's good runs aren't being picked out.

Perez not good enough.

• Like 2

Tempo needs speeding up, sometimes feel like it’s too “well drilled” and players need to take a risk on the ball rather than passing the opposition to death. 

on a positive, thought castagne looked solid and decent going forward

Edited by Aorton6

Agree with James off, cannot be going down to 10, especially with our current defensive woes.

I would bring Nacho on once we have wore West Brom out a little more  - there was very interesting piece on Tifo (not everyone’s favourite I know) about how creative Nacho actually is