Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin vs Mahrez doesn't concern me. KDB against our midfield does, we couldn't contain him last season.

It bloody does me. I worry JJ will be targeted more than any other. There aren't many midfields in world football that can contain KDB when he's in the zone so that was always going to be a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How do you spend the best part of a billion quid over 5 years and only have 13 for players? 
Poor recruiting from Man City and the reason why they won’t ever win a Champions League.

Their starting XI is as good as any side in world football, but beyond that they have very little depth. 
They don’t have 12 players out injured, they have similar, from my count they have six. A similar amount to what we had out towards the back end of last season.

As for the game itself, we are massively due some luck here, in recent seasons against these we’ve had Mahrez double hit penalty, Ederson should have been sent off at least once, possibly twice, clear handballs not given as penalties. And I can only think of the 1 game they hammered us! 
I’m sticking with my prediction of a 3-2 win, they don’t like players running at them and I think Barnes could cause them all sorts of problems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

It bloody does me. I worry JJ will be targeted more than any other. There aren't many midfields in world football that can contain KDB when he's in the zone so that was always going to be a problem. 

We left Chilwell all by himself against Man City last year in order to try to pinch KDB in the middle of the pitch, and Chilly was completely torched. 

I know this is a case where we must pick our poison but I hope Brendan has a better plan this year. 😜

Edited by The_77
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin vs Mahrez doesn't concern me. KDB against our midfield does, we couldn't contain him last season.

KDB virtually played upfront against us at their place. He occupied the space between Chilwell and Soyuncu. Barnes couldn’t be arsed to lend a hand. So we got caned down that side 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

KDB virtually played upfront against us at their place. He occupied the space between Chilwell and Soyuncu. Barnes couldn’t be arsed to lend a hand. So we got caned down that side 

That may be, but we can't fall into the trap of starting Albrighton in this game.  The only chance we have is to try and score 2 or three, because they sure will.  You have to start Barnes and hope he's still riding the wave from last week.

Their weaknesses are in the back and having to start Stirling as a striker.  It makes no sense to go three at the back when they're basically playing without a forward, and it makes no sense to park the bus when they're vulnerable defensively.  The only concession I'd make is maybe switching Castagne and Justin to get the better defender on Mahrez' side.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Harvey's buzzing to be back in Maroon isn't he? lol

Looks like he's been grabbed on the stairs at school, and forced to have his photo taken for the school website.

Poor kid. Just knows he's gonna have his dinner money taken off him when this gets out. 

Edited by gw_leics772

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Neither of those concern me. VAR does!

All of these concern me, yet I'm still buzzing for it. Go figure. 

I felt like this for West brom (against the grain) so I hope it's a sign of well placed confidence, rather than just being closer to the straitjacket 😱 (inset hannibal lector mask emoji) 

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

How do you spend the best part of a billion quid over 5 years and only have 13 for players? 
Poor recruiting from Man City and the reason why they won’t ever win a Champions League.

Their starting XI is as good as any side in world football, but beyond that they have very little depth. 
They don’t have 12 players out injured, they have similar, from my count they have six. A similar amount to what we had out towards the back end of last season.

As for the game itself, we are massively due some luck here, in recent seasons against these we’ve had Mahrez double hit penalty, Ederson should have been sent off at least once, possibly twice, clear handballs not given as penalties. And I can only think of the 1 game they hammered us! 
I’m sticking with my prediction of a 3-2 win, they don’t like players running at them and I think Barnes could cause them all sorts of problems.

I agree with all of this, but re-read that first paragraph from the position of a Leicester fan from the Rob kelly/levein era visiting the future, and with an understandable amount of exaggeration, that's exactly how we would think. 

(we would of course be happy with the title, champions league performance, and qualification for Europe etc) 

• Like 1