Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be tempted with 3-5-2 as well, but can't decide over Barnes up top with Vardy or Iheanacho. I thought Iheanacho was really good vs these at our gaff last season in a similar system where we went direct and got the ball in to him to hold up and interchange with Vardy and the overlapping players. 

This is barnes' moment....

Seems both Pep AND Brendan have been listening to a bit of Ian Brown. F.E.A.R. Pep just doing his usual mind tricks though. 13 fit senior professionals - about £600 million. Bless. 

Last season Brendan shat himself against the big clubs and we walked away with pretty much nothing. 

this season we have to be more competitive, whether that mean going toe to toe or staying tight and counter attacking. He has to have a plan and it cannot be last years meek capitulation. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Perfect opportunity to beat them which we will inevitably fail to take.

Hardly. Just because Pep says he is down to the bare bones don’t make it true, it’s what loads of managers do for some inexplicable reason.

edit: did I just get wooshed- balls :blink:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be tempted with 3-5-2 as well, but can't decide over Barnes up top with Vardy or Iheanacho. I thought Iheanacho was really good vs these at our gaff last season in a similar system where we went direct and got the ball in to him to hold up and interchange with Vardy and the overlapping players. 

Fair question. I'd rather at least start with our normal game (ish) but if we went with yours I'd have to go with Barnes this season. 

Nacho was toss against arsenal, but there is an argument that any individual first teamers would also have looked toss with that bunch of misfits as an 11. Still think some of them could slot in OK with the first team. 🙏

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

With no strikers, surely they'll play Sterling up front with Mahrez and Torres flanking him. So we'll need pace in that back line.

LINEUP111601116121147.png

Can see them going with something like

Ederson

Walker

Stones

Ake

Mendy

Fernandinho

Rodri

KDB

Foden

Sterling

Mahrez

• Like 1

I really don't know what to expect tomorrow but I do hope we give it a good go and get at them.

Yes with the quality they have will have plenty of moments to hurt us as long as we make them 

sweat for it. Don't want to see us surrendering like we did last season. Allowing Mahrez and KDB

a free reign was asking for trouble. This is the game we get to see what lessons Brendan has learned.

Plenty of games from last season where other teams were able to get one over city. It can be

done! The template is out there. Show them the necessary respect but put them under pressure when

the opportunities arise and for god sake convert those chances into goals. That is a must! COYF :scarf:

Wouldn't it be nice to see Mendi turn into a mini Kante' just for this game? He's playing like a man on

fire and something to prove.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark said:

What does a back three achieve other than disrupt any attacking threat we have, Soyuncu becomes a mess and we end up with a full back at right centre back, never worked last season and isn't going to this season.

Start banning everyone that suggests 352. People whinge about the moderation whether you're a tyrant or not so you might as well just embrace it. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hardly. Just because Pep says he is down to the bare bones don’t make it true, it’s what loads of managers do for some inexplicable reason.

edit: did I just get wooshed- balls :blink:

It's a win win for them. They give the opposition false confidence and hope they play a bit of football and not park the bus. If they win they have bonus of telling themselves it's been done while depleted, imaging what we'll be like when at full strength. And in the off chance they lose they have their excuses already lined up. 

I have no idea what to expect from this game. While obviously hoping we get something from it I'm also cautious in hoping if we capitulate it doesn't effect our confidence moving forward. Losing to ManC last winter was one of the games that set us on a negative trend to the end of the season. I still worry about the fragility of the teams psychology and Brendan not being able to correct it. 

• Like 1