Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

We left Chilwell all by himself against Man City last year in order to try to pinch KDB in the middle of the pitch, and Chilly was completely torched. 

I know this is a case where we must pick our poison but I hope Brendan has a better plan this year. 😜

It wasn't the decision that bothered me, it was the fact we didn't adapt. It is almost always acceptable to even get hammered by these if they are on it, but at least prove that is the case rather than picking your poison and sticking to it regardless. (oops, some negativity slipped out there, showing my only real concern, that we set up completely wrong, leaving the players hanging out to dry. Please Brendan, nothing too fancy (unless it works)) 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

That may be, but we can't fall into the trap of starting Albrighton in this game.  The only chance we have is to try and score 2 or three, because they sure will.  You have to start Barnes and hope he's still riding the wave from last week.

Their weaknesses are in the back and having to start Stirling as a striker.  It makes no sense to go three at the back when they're basically playing without a forward, and it makes no sense to park the bus when they're vulnerable defensively.  The only concession I'd make is maybe switching Castagne and Justin to get the better defender on Mahrez' side.

I don’t disagree. Just tell Barnes he has to engage in the defensive side of the game but I fully suspect Pep will have analysed elsewhere to find a chink in the armour of us 

Not really expecting much result-wise but it would be good to put a performance in. 

When we went there a few years ago on that Monday night and lost 1-0 to Kompany’s screamer, we played well for large parts and did well to contain them. 

Last season, Brendan got it all wrong and hung Chilwell out to dry in a 1v1 battle with Mahrez. Despite going 1-0 up, it was men against boys for pretty much the whole 90 mins and that game, along with the 4-0 against Liverpool, seemed to have a lasting effect on us. 

Just hoping we turn up and give them something to think about. If that’s not enough for a result, then so be it. 

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

These press conferences are a waste of time. 

"Playing Man City is going to be tough isn't it?"

"Yes"

KDB is a good player isn't he?

"Yes"

Journalists do ask some pointless questions though, and therefore get pointless answers back. Manager's just toe the line in general, so it's just a waste of time in the majority. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Collymore said:

These press conferences are a waste of time. 

"Playing Man City is going to be tough isn't it?"

"Yes"

KDB is a good player isn't he?

"Yes"

In fairness there are no other answers to those questions. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t disagree. Just tell Barnes he has to engage in the defensive side of the game but I fully suspect Pep will have analysed elsewhere to find a chink in the armour of us 

His name is James Justin. 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Let’s not be overawed by the occasion we are playing Manchester City not Bayern Munich! They are good team don’t get me wrong, but If we play to our strengths I think we can beat them.

They are on the same level as Bayern if not higher in my opinion. Man City and Liverpool are the best two teams in the world.

Yes I realise Bayern won the Champions League before anyone mentions it. 

52 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

They are on the same level as Bayern if not higher in my opinion. Man City and Liverpool are the best two teams in the world.

Yes I realise Bayern won the Champions League before anyone mentions it. 

Liverpool haven’t been the same since lockdown and Man City quite easily have off days. Bayern in my opinion are the best in the world at the minute. 

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Liverpool haven’t been the same since lockdown and Man City quite easily have off days. Bayern in my opinion are the best in the world at the minute. 

I'm just have been amazed how Liverpool and Man City have managed to rip the premier league to pieces in the last couple of seasons it takes a special team to be able to do that and I'm not sure I've witnessed that before. No doubt Bayern are on that list of the very elite currently. In fact I think personally it is a list of 3 (the three mentioned for clarity).

Our results last season vs the top 4 was pretty horrible but the performances were mixed. Played OK away at Liverpool and a point would have been a little fortuitous but we did grow in to the game 2nd half. We were atrocious when they did us 4 zip at the KP.

Man City away although we took the lead and had a chance where Emerson wiped out Barnes to go 2-2 and them down to 10 men I felt they were like men possessed to try and get the win. They battered us. The home game we went a bit more direct than we normally do and I felt we could have pinched a result but ultimately VAR had its hand in it, excuse the pun. 

Man Utd did a number on us home and away, I will not negotiate with footballing terrorists. Despise them, less said the better.

Chelsea home and away we were far the better team in the 2nd half of both games and deserved 6 points, even in the first half of the home game we were the better team after an iffy start. The away game we could have been 2 goals down but then were very dominant after the break but they were games we showed our capabilities against a top side.

I quietly fancy us today, really hope we go their and take our chances. No respect offered please, turn up and take bodies.

• Like 2