Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Rodri, comments

"For me, they were lucky," said Rodri.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, the 24-year-old Spaniard added: "Football has not been fair to us. Maybe it is our fault, maybe it is their strength - but it is very difficult to explain.

"We did a lot of good things to win the game. A team like Leicester comes here and plays with 11 guys behind the ball.

"I am young and try to learn every game, but games like this - where the opposition do nothing - you are a bit confused. It's not the way I like to play

lol

I’m sure reporters aren’t allowed to get within 2m of footballers? But one must have done in order to conduct an interview with Rodri from inside the pocket of mendy. Ironically getting closer to him than Man City’s single pivot midfield ever managed.

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

"For me, they were lucky," said Rodri.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, the 24-year-old Spaniard added: "Football has not been fair to us. Maybe it is our fault, maybe it is their strength - but it is very difficult to explain.

"We did a lot of good things to win the game. A team like Leicester comes here and plays with 11 guys behind the ball.

"I am young and try to learn every game, but games like this - where the opposition do nothing - you are a bit confused. It's not the way I like to play

lol

The opposition do nothing, apart from score 5 goals!

I could just about understand if they had dominated, Kasper had the game of his life and we fluked one of Amartey’s backside in the last minute for a 1-0 win. 
We scored 5 and other than the goals, I don’t remember them having a heart in mouth chance. Kasper made a couple of routine saves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

If you want a laugh this morning, the comments on this thread are brilliant 

Enjoyed this from the comments:

I'd say Leicester did something... the game was quite fair, no controversial decisions. And City were nowhere near good enough to win the game. They conceded 5 for ****s sake. What's the opposite of hitting the nail on the head? Caressing the screw on the dick?

This reminds me of how ungraceful Klopp was when we beat them 2-0 and Vardy scored that thunderbastard. Didn't have a good word to say about us, even though we played them off the park and created one of the best passing sequences the PL has ever seen.

Chat shit, you get banged. Its astonishing they still don't get it.

• Like 3

I do hope Pep does come out and say fair cop after he reviews the game as he did say in his interview “...these are my 1st thoughts, maybe I change them once I analyse the game..” or words to that affect, if he doesn’t then he’s on the start of a Mourinho style slide

He was dreadful and he seems quite immobile for a pep signing. Thought the key to that win was the midfield and our ability to play out of their press, it was staggering and lovely.

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I do hope Pep does come out and say fair cop after he reviews the game as he did say in his interview “...these are my 1st thoughts, maybe I change them once I analyse the game..” or words to that affect, if he doesn’t then he’s on the start of a Mourinho style slide

This was my first thought that hes on Mourinho slide. Mourinho always lashes out and blames everyone but himself when things aren't going well. Pep has done the same here. When managers/players say such disrespectful things about other teams, it will just make everyone hate them more and make teams want to beat them  more. Most people love seeing Mourinho fail as he is an utter bell end and a completely unlikeable person. Pep is the same and has absolutely no grace at all. It does seem part of the deal of managing a "big 6" club that you have to be a bit of a bell end. Lampard is alright but the rest of them are pretty unlikeable. I used to like Arteta but hes also turned into a nob recently. That's what I like about Rodgers is that win, lose or draw hes always very respectful about other teams, managers and players and doesnt use stupid excuses when things dont go out way. 

• Like 1

If I was his manager, after a performance like that from him and to hear those comments, I would be very worried. He lost the midfield battle to Papy. Literally outclassed. With Liverpool signing Thiago, City probably need to upgrade in that area significantly if Rodri thinks the shift he put in yesterday was acceptable. 

His comments might have made sense had the pattern of the first 30 mins continued or had we snuck a 1 goal lead. Even then, I'm saying 'might' have. 

The fact we won by 3 goals and were in control of the game from the moment we were in front, shows he's on another planet. He might be good at playing football but just goes to show that plenty of pros don't have a clue what they're on about.

If it was the other way around, Pep was our manger of little Leicester with all the history and trophies he’s won and he set us up today against that Man City team, he’d be lauded for being a tactical genius.

We scored 5 goals in their own back yard, there is **** all lucky about that. 3 stonewall penalties, that isn’t luck, Vardy’s flick goal, imagine it that was Messi, the media wouldn’t shut up about it.

We were absolutely spot on yesterday.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can't believe how bald Pep is. He's honestly even balder than I realised. The shine on his head visible from miles away tonight.

Apparently the Space station saw a huge glow from the Etihad from his Embarrassment after the 5th goal went in they said it was a a spectacular glow !!