Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

1 hour ago, MPH said:

i really really hope there is no release clause in his contract. if he keeps this form up, He’ll be the first £100m defender.

Our final accepted offer of 35 + 5 might even work out cheaper than our offer before that which was 30 + a chunky sell on %

Fofana is the bees knees, the dogs bollox whatever you wanna call him he's bloody good. Even Kante as great a player he became wasn't this good on his debut. The club need to put a 'keep off' price tag on him right away! Also keep the boys mind where it is right now which is focused and sharp. The moment his agent starts listening to noise from the big clubs is when the trouble starts. He's strong too physically so should go the distance this season giving Cags enough time to recover.

I have been impressed so far but as others have said, it’s only 3 games.

lets wait to see how he handles an in form striker in front of 40000 booing fans. Also think it a bit naive to think he’s ready to play week in week out

Edited by howie
  • Like 1

He’s already made a big difference imo ...  I just don’t feel so worried now when teams sling high balls into our box ...   even Kasper seems more confident and actually jumped up and caught  a few balls !! ...   :)

Love Cags but think this boy is already better ...  

• Haha 1

Given how well he's doing it almost forces us to play three at the back because there's no way Evans or Soyuncu deserve to be dropped. Unless, given the fixtures, we rotate between the three and play all three whenever it is suitable to do so.

I don't see him leaving anytime before summer '22, at the very earliest. Let's face it, the longer we hold on to him the more he will be worth so two years should be our minimum expectation for keeping a hold of him. The only way I see it happening earlier is if he kicks up a similar fuss to what he did at Saint Etienne to get his move here. Which shows he has that in his locker too. Honestly I think that is ultimately the way it will go down but right now he seems really happy to be here and quite humble, really. Hopefully Rodgers can weave a spell over him to make him stay longer cause he certainly seems to love Brendo.

Also, Tarkowski is still a good player. It would be unfair to compare him to Wesley. Tarkowski, in my opinion, is in the same tier as Evans and Soyuncu and would fit in here well.

Kind of happy we’ve got the Europa league now to give more chances to players such as Fofana. Even with the current injuries feels like the squad has filled out a bit more, adding some players like Fuchs and Mendy who a lot of us thought were long gone... 

Edited by WoodyFox

1 hour ago, howie said:

lets wait to see how he handles an in form striker in front of 40000 booing fans. Also think it a bit naive to think he’s ready to play week in week out

What has he done to suggest other wise?

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

What has he done to suggest other wise?

Nothing yet and if he’s managed correctly he will be given a break from the 1st team before he gives the manager a reason to drop him.

How many CB’s are first choice at 19?

1 hour ago, howie said:

Nothing yet and if he’s managed correctly he will be given a break from the 1st team before he gives the manager a reason to drop him.

thats not a reason to drop him though

its a reason to label him as a very special talent

3 hours ago, howie said:

Here he did pretty well against PSG.

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Fofana is the bees knees, the dogs bollox whatever you wanna call him he's bloody good. Even Kante as great a player he became wasn't this good on his debut. The club need to put a 'keep off' price tag on him right away! Also keep the boys mind where it is right now which is focused and sharp. The moment his agent starts listening to noise from the big clubs is when the trouble starts. He's strong too physically so should go the distance this season giving Cags enough time to recover.

I would strongly suggest that putting a price tag on someone who has only played 3 games for us would be a bad idea.

13 hours ago, surrifox said:

At the start of the window the mood music for getting Trincao either on loan or outright was quite promising . The Barca meltdown and manager change stymied that - but he had been identified as someone we wanted and is apparently looking good so far this season 

We could've had Trincao a year ago I've heard but we dallied. Big error I think.

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Schmeichel

Fofana

-------------halfway line----------------

Ricardo         Ndidi         Castagne

Praet        Tielemans

Under       Maddison         Barnes

Vardy

100% win rate formation

Why the need for Kasper?

On 26/10/2020 at 20:19, howie said:

Probably more than you would think but it seems that you have to be pretty special.  I can think of Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Tony Adams, Bobby Moore and John Terry

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Probably more than you would think but it seems that you have to be pretty special.  I can think of Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Tony Adams, Bobby Moore and John Terry

Sergio Ramos was a regular at that age too.

I think it's only injuries that have allowed Fofana to be first choice, otherwise he'd have gotten probably about 15-20 games. It'll be nice to have Cags back so we can rest a CB every so often and not rely on Fuchs as 3rd choice (he's done pretty well so far though).