Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Never ever fall for the PL proven rhetoric when you have the possibility of signing a top class player. He'll play for Real Madrid.

Totally agree with this. Premier League proven is just shorthand for "not good enough."

Can't wait for someone to sign "proven Premier League winger" Demarai Gray in the summer...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

He’s giving me the Kante vibes. Every time he’s anywhere near the ball you just feel safe because you know he’s either going to win it back or play the right pass. As others have said, Soyuncu is brilliant but still makes you a little nervous sometimes. Fofana is different gravy. 

That's how I feel. He's so reassuring. He's made the impact of a player I'd expect to go on to play for the very top teams to make.

I say with confidence he's got a superb career ahead of him.

• Like 1

When we signed Fofana I was really pleased - I'd only seen him play once (in the French Cup final) and he was relatively inexperienced but he had a reputation of being an outstanding young talent, the kind I'm always happy to see us roll the dice on.

With some top quality CB's, European football and good group of French speaking players to help him settle, we seemed like a great fit for him but I expected a Soyuncu style settling in period where he was worked on at the training ground and integrated into the squad across the cups/Europa League and covered for injuries in the league. Longer term he could be a big player for us, but short term we needed to build him up. Essentially any major form we got from him in Year 1 would be a bonus.

But **** me what a bonus he's been. Seriously, seriously impressed, he's absolutely mustard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Didnt expect him to be THIS good. Jesus christ.

Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne is a title winning backline.

and then you can put n’Didi in front of them...   have a front three of Vardy with Barnes and Under either side and Maddison + Tielemans behind them. outrageous.

• Like 1

I wouldnt have really wanted us to go 5 at the back but we could end up having 5 undroppable defenders.

The success we've had in the transfer market in the last few years has been remarkable. There are very few clubs that wouldn't be jealous. What a time to be a Leicester fan!

Hopefully we hold onto Fofana for as long as possible. 

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

and then you can put n’Didi in front of them...   have a front three of Vardy with Barnes and Under either side and Maddison + Tielemans behind them. outrageous.

We'll probably have had to replace Vardy by the time that team had gelled together. If we replace Vardy as well as we've replaced Maguire, for example, that looks like a potentially  title winning side to me. Am I crazy? 

16 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

We'll probably have had to replace Vardy by the time that team had gelled together. If we replace Vardy as well as we've replaced Maguire, for example, that looks like a potentially  title winning side to me. Am I crazy? 

Replacing Vardy is a different kettle of fish to someone like Maguire. Not only because Vardy is genuinely world class in his position as opposed to above average but also because we won't be replacing him with 80m in our pockets.

The chance we get a striker as good as Vardy playing for us in our lifetimes is small. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

....Swap out Under or Barnes for Evans when we come up against teams who dominate possession.