Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

21 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The first Bamford chance at the start, it was actually Justin that lost Bamford.  It`s funny because a guy at work was moaning about Fofana in one of his earlier games, saying that he didn`t think he was all that, until i pointed out and he then realised that he was getting Justin mixed up with Fofana.

There have been a few times when Fofana has been a bit rash coming for a header and missed it, and a few misplaced passes, but to say that was nitpicking would be an understatement, he has been fantastic, far better than i was expecting, and we are lucky to have him.

Sadly, i think we need to make the most of him, because i can`t see him being here very long.

Yes it was Justins on 1st Bamford chance but if u look good Justin makes a run to the right for extra cover. Fofana is the free  man there and needs to pick up Bamford but he is too late what gives Bamford a free header. Ofcourse he is gonna make mistakes he is just 19. Im sure he still can learn a lot from Evans,Soyuncu and Morgan. Rodgers will tell him his mistakes also. The kid can only get better.

Fofana has done really well to fit into the centre of a back 3 in the last couple of games, the guy plays way beyond his years. But when he went to right centre back at the end of last night you saw how progressive he is on the ball from that position, and how much that is missed when he plays centrally (that's no knock on Justin). It's taken a while for 3 at the back to really click under Rodgers and at times it felt a little forced by him but I think when everyone is fit, a back 3 of Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu looks really really strong. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HeskeyMuzzy said:

Yes it was Justins on 1st Bamford chance but if u look good Justin makes a run to the right for extra cover. Fofana is the free  man there and needs to pick up Bamford but he is too late what gives Bamford a free header. Ofcourse he is gonna make mistakes he is just 19. Im sure he still can learn a lot from Evans,Soyuncu and Morgan. Rodgers will tell him his mistakes also. The kid can only get better.

Justin had Bamford but left him, and was attracted  to the flight of the ball, rather than staying with his man.

Thomas was already there to challenge their guy who headed the ball back to Bamford.

If Justin had stayed with Bamford, he wouldn`t have got a free header.

Fofana was never in a position to get back to challenge Bamford.

I`m presuming Fofana was in his position in order to try and cut out a low cross had it come in like that.

25 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Justin had Bamford but left him, and was attracted  to the flight of the ball, rather than staying with his man.

Thomas was already there to challenge their guy who headed the ball back to Bamford.

If Justin had stayed with Bamford, he wouldn`t have got a free header.

Fofana was never in a position to get back to challenge Bamford.

I`m presuming Fofana was in his position in order to try and cut out a low cross had it come in like that.

If u are the free defender there u need to pick up people. He was too late. Whats the point of being the free defender if u gonna defend air? So in your opinion we can never blame Fofana because he is not marking anyone? He should anticipate on things developing around him. U know Justin isnt the greatest defender so he should be aware. Same with Soyuncu. He didnt react well also when Justin was lost again against Burnley when we conceded 2. 

Edited by HeskeyMuzzy

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

With Van Dijk out you could make an argument that he's the best centre back in the league already. I genuinely think he is!

I thought he would be a good player, but this is ridiculous. He's so composed and mature for a 19 year old. This is the best signing we've made in many years and we've made some good ones!

Got a GIF of that first half tackle?

I can see why they were so desperate to hang on to him, 19 years old, he could become one of the world's best.

That's no exaggeration as far as I am concerned.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

What a judge of a Player Puel is. He was right when he said he'd be a  million player.

Maybe he could come back...

.... As a scout.