Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Blimming heck, early days but I’m so glad we chased and persisted after Petite Wes.  What an impact already, great composure, adds more pace to the back line and the fact he was our only “proper” CB yesterday, was immense.  Hope we see him continue to blossom 

16 hours ago, MPH said:

He’ll be in the French national squad by the end of the season.

Probably not, Laporte is one of the best centrebacks going and it took him years to get in - Deschamps is really slow at integrating players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Probably not, Laporte is one of the best centrebacks going and it took him years to get in - Deschamps is really slow at integrating players 

i don’t think he’ll be a starter, but he’ll make the squad..

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Kante got in after one season. No way Laporte is down to sporting reasons alone. Mahmadou Sakho was on the standby list ahead of him for ages. 100% down to personal issues betweem him and either other members of the squad, or the manager. 

30 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Kante got in after one season. No way Laporte is down to sporting reasons alone. Mahmadou Sakho was on the standby list ahead of him for ages. 100% down to personal issues betweem him and either other members of the squad, or the manager. 

Kante is a unique and generational talent for his position. No matter how good a season Fofana has it’s extremely unlikely he’ll get a senior call up. France are well stocked at CB so he’ll stay in the u21s

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Yeh it's well known it's not down to football reasons.

Apparently they don't think his personality matches the harmony of the squad so they don't pick him.

It's all based on personality and not ability otherwise he would be in. Apparently he's difficult.

Edited by Stevosevic

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

Kante is a unique and generational talent for his position. No matter how good a season Fofana has it’s extremely unlikely he’ll get a senior call up. France are well stocked at CB so he’ll stay in the u21s

Ye I agree Fofana is very much unlikely to be called up. But all I'm saying is I don't think its true deschamps is slow to integrate. Not sure there is any evidence of that.

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

He's got really precise reactions, knows exactly how and where to put his foot in. Still haven't seen him make one mistake

He's misplaced a handful of passes and was ball-watching for AEKs goal last week and the toe-poke into the sidenetting this game, but nothing serious.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shen said:

He's misplaced a handful of passes and was ball-watching for AEKs goal last week and the toe-poke into the sidenetting this game, but nothing serious.

Glad we have people here keeping him honest haha, because I see the generational talent.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He is unreal.

Has he made a mistake in any game? I don't think he has!

Genuinely not fair to be that good at 19 years old. He's already in the top 5 CB's in the league, I'm not even exaggerating.

I hope he doesn't do a Kante and leave after 1 year :(