Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

7 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Well he's undroppable at the moment isn't he? I can't see us persisting with 5 at the back when we're back to full strength so one of Evans or Soyuncu will have to drop out. What a fantastic problem to have!

So many games that rotation most likely and susceptibility to injury disruption covered ... 

We’re really building a quality squad which is exactly what you have to have if you want to sustain top 6 finishes and win competitions.   

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He is unreal.

Has he made a mistake in any game? I don't think he has!

Genuinely not fair to be that good at 19 years old. He's already in the top 5 CB's in the league, I'm not even exaggerating.

A few but none of them have led to a big problem for us ....he is young but it’s astonishing to see how he has settled into a ramshackle back line 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Big fan of Tarkowski and would've been happy with him coming in but Fofana has been extraordinarily brilliant.

Only 19 but looks like he's been playing at the top level for 10 years.

in 2 years time wes is worth 100m and tarko is worth tuppence, good insight

Thank christ for Mrs Whelan ad the scouting brigade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nnickn said:

in 2 years time wes is worth 100m and tarko is worth tuppence, good insight

Thank christ for Mrs Whelan ad the scouting brigade.

This is exactly why we didnt give up with Fofana. I think we would have considered Tarks for £30m but not a chance were we going to pay £40-50m which was being quoted. Fofana has been brilliant so far and I have to say, I've never seen a 19 year old centre back look so composed. De Ligt at Ajax/Juve is the only one on I can think of recently that has looked so good at such a young age 

God forbid but if we wanted to sell him in the January window, we could get the same money as we sold McGuire for 70/80 million!

Their names are never mentioned, but I believe that we have got a terrific scouting squad, just look at the brilliant players we have brought to the football club in recent years, priceless!!!

4 hours ago, bluebeau said:

God forbid but if we wanted to sell him in the January window, we could get the same money as we sold McGuire for 70/80 million!

Their names are never mentioned, but I believe that we have got a terrific scouting squad, just look at the brilliant players we have brought to the football club in recent years, priceless!!!

It is ridiculous to think that one Harry Maguire pays for Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans and Castagne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bluebeau said:

Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal, Diabate, Musa, Bennett.. the list goes on 😂

Very athletic for a centre half, so full of confidence and it’s absolutely scary that he’s 19. Will end up at a Madrid or Bayern one day, he’s got it all. Imagine getting annoyed about losing Maguire, then us ending up with Cags, Evans and Fofana as a first choice 3. Stupendous 😍

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Very athletic for a centre half, so full of confidence and it’s absolutely scary that he’s 19. Will end up at a Madrid or Bayern one day, he’s got it all. Imagine getting annoyed about losing Maguire, then us ending up with Cags, Evans and Fofana as a first choice 3. Stupendous 😍

Merit point for you son. Mainly for the fantastic use of the word stupendous. 

• Like 2

For a 19 year old and new player in PL he looks great. But i dont agree with people who say he didnt make a mistake yet or didnt play bad. He was lucky in a way against Leeds for example. I watched the game back and twice he lost Bamford and he and we were lucky Bamford missed those chances. But having said that im really impressed with the confidence he plays with.

14 minutes ago, HeskeyMuzzy said:

For a 19 year old and new player in PL he looks great. But i dont agree with people who say he didnt make a mistake yet or didnt play bad. He was lucky in a way against Leeds for example. I watched the game back and twice he lost Bamford and he and we were lucky Bamford missed those chances. But having said that im really impressed with the confidence he plays with.

The first Bamford chance at the start, it was actually Justin that lost Bamford.  It`s funny because a guy at work was moaning about Fofana in one of his earlier games, saying that he didn`t think he was all that, until i pointed out and he then realised that he was getting Justin mixed up with Fofana.

There have been a few times when Fofana has been a bit rash coming for a header and missed it, and a few misplaced passes, but to say that was nitpicking would be an understatement, he has been fantastic, far better than i was expecting, and we are lucky to have him.

Sadly, i think we need to make the most of him, because i can`t see him being here very long.