Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Rodgers can't speak Spanish or French. I think it was a Spanish journalist who went to interview him, he spoke two sentences & they switched to English. It's a myth.

EDIT: Looked this up on YouTube - he reckons he's got a decent grasp of Spanish but basically zero french. Was looking at it before he came to LCFC but put it on hold following the move.

Edited by Frost
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Reading those interviews and watching that video iI think he comes across very  well and mature . Obviously had his differences  at the end with Puel but was mature enough to  text him and  thank him  a lot of older players wouldn’t  even do that . 

Agreed,  Alan Smith heard that his transfer had gone through after training and then just walked off saying see ya later lads I'm off to Arsenal 🖕

• Like 1

I am still a bit mindblown, that we pay 30+ million for a 19 year old with only one season football behind him. But with our scouting history and the club willing to pay this fee, we must see something special in this kid and the excites me immensely. Welcome Wesley! 

33 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I am still a bit mindblown, that we pay 30+ million for a 19 year old with only one season football behind him. But with our scouting history and the club willing to pay this fee, we must see something special in this kid and the excites me immensely. Welcome Wesley! 

Unfortunately these are the figures you have to pay if you want to sign big talent if you're a top PL side 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Does he speak any English at all? Hopefully he does and can easily slot in next to Soyuncu or Evans... not understanding someone at CB would be a nightmare regardless of talent!

I’m sure being slotted in next to an Irishman and a Turk will help his English enormously. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Does he speak any English at all? Hopefully he does and can easily slot in next to Soyuncu or Evans... not understanding someone at CB would be a nightmare regardless of talent!

I don't think Soyuncu spoke English when he arrived so it's clearly not the end of the world.