Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Have we ever had a player who's looked this good in his first two appearances for the club?

(Apart from Junior Lewis, obviously)

Can you imagine what he’ll be like when he finally settles in?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Have we ever had a player who's looked this good in his first two appearances for the club?

Castagne had a very good first couple of games for us goal and assist from RB.

But what a player Fofana is, looks like he’s got it all, strong in the air, good on the ball and quick. Looks like he’ll also be a threat in the opposition box as well from set pieces was unlucky not to score today. The lad isn’t different gravy, and will only get better learning from Evans, Morgan and with game experience. 

• Like 1

For a 19 year old with less than a full season's competitive first team football under his belt, he looks absolutely ridiculous. We've had a small sample and he'll have tougher tests than a stodgy game vs Villa and the match tonight but he looks the absolute ticket. He's shown a little of all the qualities you need as a CB in the EPL already - hopefully a lot more to come.

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

I’d be interested to see who would you pick between as a pairing if all 3 of Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana were fit!??

id have to go for Fofana and Soyuncu. Get them playing games together ASAP to build the understanding. We’ve got a potential CB pairing for 5 years +. 

It has to be Evans and Soyuncu for now. He is still only 19 and positional wise he still needs some improvement. He is very good already and very happy to see him in the last 2 games, but Evans is just a top too CB and Soyuncu is still better. Fofana was caught out with that one big chance they had last night and luckily Kasper saved it. Soyuncu would have been able to make a lunging tackle to stop the ball.

Anyway, he is indeed a great great prospect and we should have signed him for 6 years instead of 5!

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It has to be Evans and Soyuncu for now. He is still only 19 and positional wise he still needs some improvement. He is very good already and very happy to see him in the last 2 games, but Evans is just a top too CB and Soyuncu is still better. Fofana was caught out with that one big chance they had last night and luckily Kasper saved it. Soyuncu would have been able to make a lunging tackle to stop the ball.

Anyway, he is indeed a great great prospect and we should have signed him for 6 years instead of 5!

I don't know what you've seen in current form this season to think this. 

46 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

So when do we genuinely apologize to Congerton for doubting him

He’s decent so according to FT he can’t be a Congerton signing. Must have been scouted by Nige and Walsh when they were first here in 2008. No way that our man Congers picked him out.

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Castagne as has already been mentioned. Cambiasso and Kante also deserve a mention and maybe even Maguire who started really well. Fuchs was good from the get go too.

But Castagne is already so good that people don't even talk about him, aka the Ricardo effect. You just know at the end of the game he will have played 8/10 and been one of our best players. It doesn't even need to be said! Maybe one of Everton's signing will get the "best transfer of the season" award but Castagne will be right up there no doubt.

Wesley Fofana looks brilliant though! He plays more like a 28 year old in the peak of their careers than a 19 year old. Even comparing him to Soyuncu, he seems less rash and more composed... I hate to say it but I think Claude Puel did a great job with him getting him to remain calm yet still technical enough to play at the highest level. With his haircut and fashion sense there was a bit of a worry he'd be another flash over substance player a bit like Paul Pogba, but I think the combination of Claude Puel and moving to Leicester curing the Coronavirus pandemic will make him suitably boring enough to get right to the top of the game! I'm definitely a big fan already!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Castagne as has already been mentioned. Cambiasso and Kante also deserve a mention and maybe even Maguire who started really well. Fuchs was good from the get go too.

But Castagne is already so good that people don't even talk about him, aka the Ricardo effect. You just know at the end of the game he will have played 8/10 and been one of our best players. It doesn't even need to be said! Maybe one of Everton's signing will get the "best transfer of the season" award but Castagne will be right up there no doubt.

Wesley Fofana looks brilliant though! He plays more like a 28 year old in the peak of their careers than a 19 year old. Even comparing him to Soyuncu, he seems less rash and more composed... I hate to say it but I think Claude Puel did a great job with him getting him to remain calm yet still technical enough to play at the highest level. With his haircut and fashion sense there was a bit of a worry he'd be another flash over substance player a bit like Paul Pogba, but I think the combination of Claude Puel and moving to Leicester curing the Coronavirus pandemic will make him suitably boring enough to get right to the top of the game! I'm definitely a big fan already!

Man, is there anything he can't do?!