Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Just watching the obligatory YouTube video - tall, quick, good with his right foot (very keen on long passes, Vards will love him) and not bad with his head.  Impressed, should be a good signing and lots of potential.  

But then again I was impressed with Hossain Kiebi’s YouTube video, so I’ll wait until I watch him play!!

24 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Puels  comments re playing poker to get the best price are exactly what we all knew was going on. It was always going to happen it was just haggling. TBF they played us quite well, and saved face with their fans by making it look like they rinsed us. Seems from some reports that we didn’t pay as much as was claimed (bit like the YT deal). Would not be surprised if we agreed to go along with it to smooth the process and possibly pave the way for a loan deal for Benkovic or other future deals.

I think a lot of this stuff goes on behind the scenes where clubs and players play the game so everyone looks good in the end and comes out smelling of roses.

5 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I don't get this, what's the connection?

Someone in the transfer thread claimed they were talking to a French journalist who said the reason Fofona wanted to come to Leicester was related to nationality. They said Fofana was in fact, as opposed to reported, from the Ivory Coast, and there’s some mystery around his parentage. And where’s Kolo from? The Ivory Coast. And the reason Fofona really wanted to come here was because he wanted to be nearer Papa Kolo. I have no idea if it’s true. But as another poster said “This is straight from the cobbles of weatherfield”. I love it. We’ve got Kolo Touré lovechild in defence and I refuse to believe anything else!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m an idiot. His name is Wes. Goodnight. X 

Ahhh Rumble..Dont demean, or lower yourself...this is foxestalk....we are always Happy to oblige.....We'll do it or you..!!:celebrate:

Good morning..x

Edited by fuchsntf

William Saliba Situation Did Not Worry Me, We Will Succeed – Wesley Fofana
03/10/2020 - 11:08 BST

INSIDE FUTBOL

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/10/03/william-saliba-situation-did-not-worry-me-we-will-succeed-wesley-fofana/475626/

Leicester City new boy Wesley Fofana has insisted that William Saliba’s struggles at Arsenal did not come into his thinking before he decided to sign for the Foxes.

Fofana pushed for the move away from Saint-Etienne and Leicester finally got their hands on the 19-year-old centre-back for a transfer fee of €40m.

Leicester have high hopes from the young defender and Fofana has followed his former Saint-Etienne team-mate Saliba and moved to the Premier League at an early stage of his career.

Saliba spent last season on loan at Saint-Etienne, but has so far failed to make a senior appearance for Arsenal and is tipped to be loaned out before Monday’s deadline.

Fofana is not worried about the struggles his former team-mate has encountered in England under a new manager and pointed out that he is coming back from a difficult season where he suffered due to injuries.

The Leicester new boy conceded that he could also face teething problems in England, but believes both he and Saliba are good enough to go on and succeed in the Premier League.

Asked if Saliba’s struggles are a cause for concern for him, Fofana told French sports daily L’Equipe: “No, because we are very close.

“I call him before every game and if he tells me he is not playing, I don’t watch the game.

“He was injured a lot last season and the incumbent Arsenal coach is not the one who signed him.

“I tell myself that it can happen to me as well.

“Will is a great player.

“He will get up and we know we are capable of winning in the Premier League.”

It remains to be seen whether Fofana makes his debut when Leicester host West Ham at the King Power Stadium on Sunday.

He cost a lot of money but I am excited about his potential.  Impressive in highlights in the French Cup final. Some good stuff in the interviews; personally, I find it warming that he and Puel exchanged positive messages.

Perhaps we are monitoring the Saliba situation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Why Leicester?

There were a lot of others. Whilst they are maybe not the biggest club, they are a great club where I can play, improve more and 100% enjoy myself. They showed me that they would do everything for me to come. Speaking to the manager Brendan Rodgers and Kolo Touré, his assistant, counted a lot in my decision. I was welcomed in the best of ways. I am sure that I have made the right decision.

Get rid

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Reading those interviews and watching that video iI think he comes across very  well and mature . Obviously had his differences  at the end with Puel but was mature enough to  text him and  thank him  a lot of older players wouldn’t  even do that . 

Yes, It shows a lot of class from a lad so young.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, norwichfox said:

He has a very high pitched voice....

Only at at Leicester City would this happen.

I don't think I've ever heard the wrong gender dubbed in even the lowest budget show on any media platform, ever. 

Totally ridiculous that video.

• Like 1