Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 0-3 Post Mortem

Embarrassing.

To be schooled for 90 minutes by WEST HAM!!

Justin proving he's league 1 at best - Soyunchu made to look like Bennett on a bad day....

Under trying a bit too hard to impress but not an easy game to make your debut.

Time to listen to BR spout post match nonsense - He's completely to blame for this wreck. 

Missing Praet and Maddison was killer. Praet especially was a big miss. He is good enough on the ball in tight areas to help build play to break lines and also has energy to makes runs which create spaces for others. Without that Tielemans has to force things and when he is off, like today, we simply cant get anything going. 

Ally that to 3 of the back 4 having stinkers and its a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

We started well.

Overall I don’t think we were that bad all match albeit getting worse as the game went on.

I think West Ham were solid and count us on the count we were out Leicestered (old style) but equally we were poor in the final third but aleast we were playing around the final third - not aimlessly passing at the back.

I’m annoyed we lost, although it’s the type of game we always lose given how we’ve started the season however I’m not pissed off with the way we played like I have been in so many games last season.

We just couldn’t get anything through in the final third, West Ham were all over us like a rash in the final third, I’m not gonna cry about that like Man City and Pep did last week, fair play to them!

How many saves did their GK Fabianski have to make?

Dude could have brought a deck chair and a daiquiri to the KP. 

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Rodgers got it all wrong but the players have to take a huge chunk of responsibility for their performances.

Evans and Soyuncu were absolutely pathetic today. Antonio bossed them about to the extent that Evans was so worried about him that he was marking Antonio in an unthreatening position as Rice basically walked in a straight line towards the goal.

Justin looked out of his depth (not for the first time) and the less said about Perez the better.

Rodgers’ tactics were really poor but he’s been let down by some individuals there.

We can have no complaints about the result, West Ham were excellent, especially Ogbonna and Antonio. 

All fair. 

I'm not sure if Evans has lost something or if it's just a few off games for someone usually so reliable, but he looks a bit of a weak link to me atm.

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Hate to say it, but we were totally outclassed by a Moyes team.... 

Pretty, pretty passes going astray , no attempts, no substance , out jumped on most headers, simple effective passes from West Ham, Last weeks team and this weeks team, big questions how did we get this one so wrong !

• Thanks 1

You reap what you sow. 

5-3-2 played into there hands . We got bullied all over the pitch . Was looking too long early doors. Every one running off ala Shakespeare days...

Then when that didn’t work “puel ball “ 

Awful, no quality .Bullied.

This was a performance I had expected coming into the season .False dawn.

Depth over a long but short season Plus Europe worries me..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Mendy (about 5/10) was my MOTM. 

Iheanacho has to be ahead of Perez for a no.10 role now, surely.

Evans, Justin, ünder, Perez, even Soyuncu looked really poor. We were so off the pace and lacked any desire all game. 

Mendy deserves more than 5/10. He and Castange are and were consistently reliable

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

We got battered, pure and simple. West Ham did a job on us as we did to Man City last week and it could been 5 or 6 in the end. I don’t think they started particularly well but once Soyuncu switched off for the first goal they executed perfectly. Very much reminded me of the Palace game under Puel, that came after a good run too.

I don’t think the system was a major problem, the performance of the players on the wasn’t good enough to execute anything. We were sloppy from the start, defensively we switched off, our touches were off, the passing was slow and inaccurate. Really poor on the day and got done by a team that was right on it.

The most worrying this was how clueless we looked, didn’t fashion anything at all until that Vardy chance.

They made it hard for us, constant pressure, good shape, blocking channels. West Ham made us look bad to day, their players worked their arses off. The biggest failure from us today, is we didn't work as hard as them. That's where we fall down, the more fancy Dan's we have the less hard working we are and the more we will get out fought by some teams. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, twister said:

those last two minutes showed the performance was one paced poor and was unacceptable.Why did they spend 89 minutes moving the ball so slowly.

Finally in injury time the lads played at paced and had a one on one and a dodgy offside ruled out by the var *****.

**** this performance and **** var.

This is exactly right passing not quick enough missing Praet or Maddison. 

Reminded me of the Palace game at home a couple of years ago: 1-4? and fairly clueless, resulted in Puel getting the sack. Obviously Rodgers will not follow that of course, but those general weaknesses are still evident. 

1. No effective leader on the field

2. Inability to change approach/style in flight 

3. Fragility in the back 4/5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like it when we have lots of possession, as long as we do something with it.  It is no good just going from left to right and then hit it long because we've run out of ideas, it is just like the Puel days.  I don't think we have enough clever players to unlock well organised teams that sit in and play quick counter attacking football.  Maddison is missed badly, at least he can get into the pockets of space and try to put doubt in the minds of the opposition.  Today we didn't put any doubt in West Hams minds, they just were too comfortable and therefore could stick to the plan.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Back to reality with that. The performance echoed the majority of the last half of last season. 

Slightly concerned that the squad won’t recover from this, they are mentally weak as it is.

Might be a good thing with the international break coming now. Time to get some players back too

Well played West Ham, thought they were excellent.

Unfortunately schoolboy errors to concede the first two goals was shocking but the third it happens unfortunately when you're chasing the game.

Beautiful goal at the end which was a fag paper offside but that bit of play and Vardy's chance was it really all game.

A pity we didn't play them in a months time when they will be sh#t again but hey ho learn from our mistakes and move on.

• Like 1

Not that it actually matters after that but was Vardy actually offside for Barnes goal, I watched a stream from Optus sports and they shown the lines being drawn and the claret line was nearer to the West Ham goal then the blue line was, so was surprised when it then flashed up offside at the bottom of the screen

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Reminded me of the Palace game at home a couple of years ago: 1-4? and fairly clueless, resulted in Puel getting the sack. Obviously Rodgers will not follow that of course, but those general weaknesses are still evident. 

1. No effective leader on the field

2. Inability to change approach/style in flight 

3. Fragility in the back 4/5

Joe 'world class Allen' would change all that!