Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 0-3 Post Mortem

I don't know if the injuries led to keeping the 3 at the back or it was intentional, but to be fair 3 or 4 made little difference. It shows our problem with Maddison and Praet out, who else is going to play the number 10 role? Dewsbury-hall would probably be our best bet? 

We just got bullied. 

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Abysmal. We've been saying it for what seems like forever but we still have no plan B in our attacking play. We've tried lots of wingers, midfielders etc but the common problem is Jamie Vardy. We need a genuine alternative for games that go like this, he can't keep having so few touches and blame everyone else all the time. At least someone who can play alongside him. 

West Ham were everything we can't play against and it seemed like they had more players in defence and attack. Midfield was woeful, Tielemans knackered already? Maybe Praets energy carries him though, and we missed Praet more than a Maddison. 

Justin not being a left footer was noticeable today too. 

Wake up call for everyone but with the window still open it might not be the worst thing to happen. Need a striker and another central midfielder who can run with the ball and has energy. 

Not time panic but worrying how quickly old problems are still there, credit to West Ham though on an excellent away performance. 

If you really think Vardy is the problem in situations like this then you'll never get the fix you think we need in certain games. The issue today was having absolutely no creativity in the attacking third, Iheanacho needed to be on earlier or to have started today with no extra creative midfielder and for us to have gone a bit more direct with Kelechi dropping in to the space to doesn't West Ham's shape.

I can see why Rodgers went with 3-4-3 but Perez was so bad today and at half time or even after 30 mins he needed Iheanacho on. 

• Thanks 1

I can handle a reality check and an opposing team playing well and catching you off guard, whether that through over confidence or underestimating them - but to play that badly for the full 90 is a real concern. Just no response today and I think this one falls at Rodgers feet, just as he was praised for getting it right last weekend.

Comfortably Cags worst game for us too.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hales said:

It was shite but let's chalk it down as an off day. Too many players just were not on it. You can't blame Brendan for that. The break now gives us chance to get players back fit, improve fitness of Evan's, Madders etc. No-body panic! 

If you can’t blame Brendan for that then you’ll never blame him for anything.

• Like 1

Brendan after the match. "I thought we lacked intensity, in parts. They are a good side....,  we kept the ball well, (but) it was that clinical final pass that let us down. But we have a good set of lads, we'll go away and werrrlk hard on the training pitch" 

Usual tosh. but Brendan, you didn't change it in the second half until it was too late, again! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Time to listen to BR spout post match nonsense - He's completely to blame for this wreck. 

Disagree. He's largely to blame but he can expect better from Jonny and Cags. They defended like clowns for the first two goals. It's a mountain to climb when you give away goals thanks to laziness. I thought Cags was our worst player today. Diabolical 

• Like 4

Infuriated by that. Mainly the system. I just can’t believe that after all the times last season where 3 at the back failed miserably against a low block here we are again.

It’s just absolute madness from Rodgers. It relies on the wing backs to create and Justin just isn’t up to that.

To not make any changes at half time as well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Reminded me of Puel's last game, the 1-4 against Palace. Dominate possession, create nothing, Vardy barely involved. Then watch the other team laugh at us as they play rope-a-dope and break on us time and again.

Reminded me of the Palace game at home a couple of years ago: 1-4? and fairly clueless, resulted in Puel getting the sack. Obviously Rodgers will not follow that of course, but those general weaknesses are still evident. 

1. No effective leader on the field

2. Inability to change approach/style in flight 

3. Fragility in the back 4/5

Great minds eh :-)

• Like 1

First time I ve watched ur full game. I don't understand what system you are in. Yesterday I've watched FC rotor from volgograd and at least they had some sort of a game plan. Will keep follow you guys, someone explain me what s ur plan other than make vardy run?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

If you can’t blame Brendan for that then you’ll never blame him for anything.

You can't blame Brendan for some being half asleep. I blame him for not changing it sooner. The system wasn't right but the players let themselves down today though and didn't show any desire and that's on them and I hope they hurt from that!

Edited by Hales

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

We started well.

Overall I don’t think we were that bad all match albeit getting worse as the game went on.

I think West Ham were solid and count us on the count we were out Leicestered (old style) but equally we were poor in the final third but aleast we were playing around the final third - not aimlessly passing at the back.

I’m annoyed we lost, although it’s the type of game we always lose given how we’ve started the season however I’m not pissed off with the way we played like I have been in so many games last season.

We just couldn’t get anything through in the final third, West Ham were all over us like a rash in the final third, I’m not gonna cry about that like Man City and Pep did last week, fair play to them!

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m not going to blame Rodgers. Because I think his idea was right today, unfortunately the players did not perform.

[...]

Lots of work to be done, today wasn’t a good day, I just hope to god we don’t fold against Villa.  

You're both spot on. There are some stupid overreactions here (I get it, we badly lost a game that some of our fans thought would be a walkover), so I'm glad someone is able to stay level-headed.