Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 0-3 Post Mortem

Sometimes you have to just say the best team won on the day.

people saying no effort, no desire, embarrassing, shambles can FO. Players wanted it, they tried but couldn’t get through a well organised defence

Frustrating and dissapointing yes, but we’ve not become poor over night.

well played West Ham

Edited by Fox seen in Norwich
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

Actually thought Kelechi did well when he came on.

Agree, played in his best position too. Without Madders and Praet, he should have started.

10 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Rodgers cost us the game. Tactics all wrong. Set us up to be the counter attacking team against a weaker team at home.

Unbelievable that Perez stayed on the pitch so long. 

Until we had a goal ruled out we didn't move the ball quickly at all. No tempo or intensity. 

That's the worst performance I'd say since Puels final game Vs Palace at home

It was much worse than that performance. We had something like 30 shots in that game. We had just 4 today and not a single one on target. That is shockingly bad. Can anyone remember the last time we failed to register a single shot on target at home? 

1 minute ago, Denenden said:

First time I ve watched ur full game. I don't understand what system you are in. Yesterday I've watched FC rotor from volgograd and at least they had some sort of a game plan. Will keep follow you guys, someone explain me what s ur plan other than make vardy run?

No one knows what our plan was today, least of all the players.

Totally disjointed performance from all involved and West Ham deserved to win by more.

Awful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

We were suckered for the goals in the 1st half. The biggest disappointment for me was the 2nd half and the lack of ambition when we were 2-0 down.

Totally agree - it's as though we just accepted that it was "one of those days". Should never do that.

15 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Rodgers strikes again. As good as it was, last weeks result is not enough to make up for the number of times he’s lost us games since December. 

Needs to get over his god complex, his ego is the reason he’ll never be a top manager

16 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Terrible tactics from Brenda

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Disgusting performance from the manager down.

Not buying this anti-Rodgers agenda at all.

Soyuncu and Evans did not perform; what is Rodgers meant to do? Employ Danny Ward as an emergency centre back? We struggled making cutting passes to feed Vardy, probably because Maddison and Praet are both injured, Tielemans having to play deeper due to the defence's weakness stopped him from properly influencing the game - which he has struggled to do consistently for some time.

The players are accountable for this, just as they were accountable for the win last week. The Rodgers hate train is pathetic and is seemingly symptomatic of our success in recent years. We had a bad game, we move on.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I for one don't believe West Ham are a good side. They are a team full of dossers managed by a bum on his sofa. They played OK but the problem was Rodgers came into the game thinking he is some sort of dimension bending genius when he set us up to lose the game. Soyuncu was positioned in a way to make him look like an idiot and that was the game done in the first half.

FT blowhard in 'blows hard' shock

• Like 2

That was bloody dire. 

Soyuncu and Evans - neither got to grips with Antonio today. Should have made sure he was dealt with playing 3 at the back 

JJ - we need Ricardo back. He’s ok defensively (albeit suspect defending the back post), but he’s hit and miss going forward

Mendy - was back to what we’ve seen previously. Slow, negative, backwards and sideways. He wasn’t helped by having very little movement ahead of him

Barnes - didn’t seem to know where to position himself to take the ball and when he did get it, his first touch often let him down

Perez - actually picked up some really promising positions but just really wasteful. Shouldn’t be starting for us if we’re looking to be a top 6 side 

Rodgers - should never have picked a back 5. West Ham are not Man City. This isn’t reactionary - as soon as the line up was announced it was clear we didn’t have enough creativity. Didn’t manage a single shot on target. The blame has to sit with him

Edited by adam95581

Frustrating as hell this side is, go from last week to this. Lack of creativity still a concern and think we need to get used to teams setting up like that at home against us, will be a regular thing! Despite this if you said 9 from 12 in first 4 games I’d of snapped your hand off! 

would like 1/2 in tomorrow before deadline but can’t see it. 2 week break and we go again.

The way I see today is that we need to have 3 central midfielders to control the game successfully. We had praet, maddison and ndidi out so we were very limited on options. Rodgers changed the system to fit the players we did have and West Ham tactically controlled it. It was just one of those days. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

• Like 1

As I said in the match thread, if there was ever a match where the fans were desperately needed it was this one.  Both the management and players needed an almighty rocket up their arse today.

But yet another pathetic, limp-dick, lethargic, turgid, passionless display from a Brendan Rodgers Leicester City side.  How many more of those are we going to see?  It's an abomination how often we see it.

The team has some decent individual technical ability, but we are desperately lacking in leaders.  Such an infuriating team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you really think Vardy is the problem then you'll never get the fix you think we need in certain games. The issue today was having absolutely no creativity in the attacking third, Iheanacho needed to be on earlier or to have started today with no extra creative midfielder and for us to have gone a bit more direct with Kelechi dropping in to the space to doesn't West Ham's shape.

I can see why Rodgers went with 3-4-3 but Perez was so bad today and at half time or even after 30 mins he needed Iheanacho on. 

But how many years have we said this now? When teams defend well Vardy offers next to nothing, don't necessarily blame him although I do think he needs to be more proactive in games like today when he's getting bullied in the middle, but he needs help. A genuine partner who can come on and make space for him. We are easy to defend against when games go a certain way and Vardy is part of that. 

Not the only problem by any means, but teams know if they can keep Vardy quiet we don't have anything else to throw at them.

• Like 1

Just now, ScrumpyJack said:

Soyuncu and Evans did not perform; what is Rodgers meant to do? Employ Danny Ward as an emergency centre back? We struggled making cutting passes to feed Vardy, probably because Maddison and Praet are both injured, Tielemans having to play deeper due to the defence's weakness stopped him from properly influencing the game - which he has struggled to do consistently for some time.

The players are accountable for this, just as they were accountable for the win last week. The Rodgers hate train is pathetic and is seemingly symptomatic of our success in recent years. We had a bad game, we move on.

Of course you are right here. It's just frustrating that we couldn't and never looked like we would turn it around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Denenden said:

First time I ve watched ur full game. I don't understand what system you are in. Yesterday I've watched FC rotor from volgograd and at least they had some sort of a game plan. Will keep follow you guys, someone explain me what s ur plan other than make vardy run?

It's usually to play intricate combination football around the edge of the penalty box and play through balls down the channels to our attacking fullbacks/Barnes/Vardy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScrumpyJack said:

This! This was on the players today

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

Mendy - was back to what we’ve seen previously. Slow, negative, backwards and sideways. He wasn’t helped by having very little movement ahead of him

A bit unfair considering he was the only midfielder on the pitch and had Perez as a partner.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you really think Vardy is the problem in situations like this then you'll never get the fix you think we need in certain games. The issue today was having absolutely no creativity in the attacking third, Iheanacho needed to be on earlier or to have started today with no extra creative midfielder and for us to have gone a bit more direct with Kelechi dropping in to the space to doesn't West Ham's shape.

I can see why Rodgers went with 3-4-3 but Perez was so bad today and at half time or even after 30 mins he needed Iheanacho on. 

Perez + 10 other players... no one played well. 
Manager made wrong decisions. I do wonder what they do defensively during the week as we’ve not been able to defend properly for what seems like an eternity. We concede way too many goals. We’ve had to score 3+ twice to win and conceded another 3 today. 

If Rodgers wants to go 5 at the back, he needs two strikers. This narrow crap where our wide men sit inside is awful, teams just put bodies in the way and we can’t find a way through 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 2