Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

PPV Games

PPV Games   

400 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be paying to watch?

• Yep
    • No, I’ll find a stream
    • Listen on Radio

It's interesting actually. If my subs were run through satelite i'd be more bothered about keeping it that way.... but my NOWTV and BT subs are both run through the internet, so i'm lagging behind live which means i've got quite used to people texting celebrating a goal lol 

Essentially the transition back to streaming wont be a big deal, and chances are everyone will be doing the same anyway, so no annoying alerts!

I've reluctantly paid £9.99 twice already this season for NowTV 24-hour passes. I no longer have a Sky contract and it feels good. I have BT Sport wrapped up in my broadband package and I'm keeping that for the Europa League matches. 

Can't listen to Stringer as not within BBC Radio Leicester coverage range. My choices are PPV, stream or LCFC. COM commentary. Looking like the latter the moment. Grim. 

52 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Just wondering if people openly saying they illegally stream is detrimental to this forum? 

I'm not particularly arsed because I'll be streaming myself, just feel it might be better keeping it a bit more under the radar rather than promoting the use of these sites :dunno:

I doubt it - they don't enforce people watching illegal streams so its unlikely they'll do anything about people merely discussing  the matter.

I believe in most cases it takes the provider to take action such as Sky, and then they only take action against the people who run the servers.

Edited by adejo92

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Just wondering if people openly saying they illegally stream is detrimental to this forum? 

I'm not particularly arsed because I'll be streaming myself, just feel it might be better keeping it a bit more under the radar rather than promoting the use of these sites :dunno:

It's like Napster back in the day - the users were breaking the law but it was the service that the music industry went after for facilitating an illegal service in the first place. And mainly out of spite because Napster were offering a service that was better than the status quo. Which was proved right - anyone here still buy their music at Tower Records?

That was 20 years ago. Streaming has been about for at least 10 years but the providers are still persisting with a vastly inferior service - a package deal rigged against the consumer; they expect you to pay 3 different providers for only 50% of the content that other countries are getting for much, much less.

Streaming has proved that the technology is available but the providers are dragging their heels. If they were to offer a single streaming service instead of Sky, BT and Amazon for decent price, I'm sure most people would sign up for it. But for me, the PPV fiasco shows that they're not yet capable of realising what's affordable.

• Like 1

One of this biggest issues up until this point, is that most games aren't actually available for viewing in the UK, yet they are in a huge number of countries in the world. 

So a Leicester season ticket holder who couldn't get tickets for a sell-out away end had no (official) way of watching the game, yet somebody in Abi Dhabi could, which is ridiculous.

The current developments do change this complexion a bit, but I'm fairly sure people in Abu Dhabi don't pay £15 a game.

Edited by Saxondale
Punctuation

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I've reluctantly paid £9.99 twice already this season for NowTV 24-hour passes. I no longer have a Sky contract and it feels good. I have BT Sport wrapped up in my broadband package and I'm keeping that for the Europa League matches. 

Can't listen to Stringer as not within BBC Radio Leicester coverage range. My choices are PPV, stream or LCFC. COM commentary. Looking like the latter the moment. Grim. 

LCFC. COM commentary. Beats listening to Stringer, I just want to throw things when he's on.

• Haha 1