Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

We always knew JV couldn’t start a full match SH so in effect the tactics worked to perfection ...  Mendy has been an inspiration and as for little Wes ...  he is awesome ...  with a fully fit team we could beat anyone.

Vardy said in post match interview on Sky, he wasn’t fit enough to start so the game plan was always to keep them out for 60 minutes then bring on Vardy and co to grab the winner.

Brendan loves it when a plan comes together :brendan:

• Like 1

Brendan Rodgers needs to take risk and utilize an hybrid 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 with three upfront with Barnes, Vardy, and Under. Recently, all the attacks are coming from Barnes who overworks and burns out and then BR tries the same from the right wing with under by replacing Barnes.

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

I've just seen the Tielemens pass. We have some abso ****ing lutely brilliant footballers. It would be nice to see them play for more than 15 minutes.

I wonder whether Tielemens and Mads conflict with each other. I might be way off but for some reason it reminds me of Lampard and Gerrard being in the England team. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Got away with it first half but outstanding second half. Even before the changes we were more of a threat on the break but messed up the pass. 

Great defensive performancenin the second, most organised we've been in a long tkme. Tielemans outstanding second half, great work rate too. Mendy great again.

Plan worked, frustrate them and they'll run out ideas, and they did. Very much what teams do too us. Waited for our chance and Vardy doesn't miss those, what a pass from Youri, can't work out if Under was meant to play it along the floor and shanked it but who cares. Great unselfish play from him.

How were none of the biggst clubs in for Fofana, superb again.

Unexpected wins and poor defeats but we're probably where we expect to be points wise.

Not sure about being more threatening on the break: we kept pulling back to the half way line. We were very negative apart from the two passing moves that led to Vardy’s goal scoring opportunities. One involved Tielemans and the brilliant Under. The other involved an excellent pass from Albrighton which if it was any other player it would have been a backpass.

Mendy and Fofana were indeed excellent. Evans solid as ever. 

Vardy’s runs are just amazing. He slowed his run to make it loads of space for Under to pass. Under definitively did not intend to pass it on the ground. He hit it when the ball was in the air. He knew he just needed to get the ball in the path of Vardy - he just needed to get the angle and the weight correct and not to overhit it. 

1 minute ago, TimT said:

Brendan Rodgers needs to take risk and utilize an hybrid 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 with three upfront with Barnes, Vardy, and Under. Recently, all the attacks are coming from Barnes who overworks and burns out and then BR tries the same from the right wing with under by replacing Barnes.

We won ...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

I second this. Still think the starting lineup and tactics were the wrong way. We were clinging on at times and luckily Arsenal tired/got worse.

Rodgers does deserve credit for the subs, they turned the game on its head and they were timed perfectly. 

Not a masterclass, bit of luck mixed with good decisions. 

Yeh, if he'd got his tactics right we could have won. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Manini said:

All’s I’m saying is he’s done it at Man City, he’s done it tonight - he clearly has an idea what he’s doing, and it seems to be working. Sometimes you just have to stink the place up and wait for your moment. 

With maddison and Vardy coming back, I feel we will start to push on now. I mean even with the injuries we are top 4 and one point from the top. Imagine the team when players come back. The signings we have made looked fantastic 

• Like 2

Great result.

First against Man City and Arsenal we looked like we were sitting in with no ambition. Second half, against both teams, we were the better side. Tactics work.

Brendan gets a lot of criticism and it’s very to easy to say we “got lucky”. The mans dealing with an injury crisis and a 4 compo season, if his defeats are not unlucky, his wins are not then lucky.

Credit where it is due. He got it wrong against West Ham and Villa but picked both Arteta’s and Pep’s pockets. 

PS I’m in love with Fofana.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Birthday next month. Mrs asked me what I want. Said nothing, but I'd love a tattoo. 

Basically, im having this done, but with the face of Vardy.

Might even add some text.

Thou who chatteth shite will get bangeth 

unnamed (3).jpg

Don't know if anyone else saw it/has mentioned it before but he had "Chat shit get banged" on his water bottle today when he came out before the game 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimT said:

Agree!! Though Albrighton did a good job on the left after he came on including that pass to Vardy

4 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

il stick with my opinion that we were really poor and didn't deserve anything from that game. Not going to jump on the bandwagon because we made like one chance.

I disagree.

First half was turgid, yep. Buy despite it, we'd given ourself a chance. 

Second half was much more controlled. Very intelligent performance. I'd have been delighted with a 0-0 seeing us control a rival to that degree. They were reduced to meaningless jabs all second half. 

The second half was imo  a joy to see so many clever performances. Regardless of the goal. 

Fofana 🔥 Mendy. Tielemans second half. Evans. Timmy. Tactically Superb. 

• Like 1

We played without a striker until 60 minutes - Barnes was marking Partey. It was clear the plan was to frustrate arsenal for an hour then get Vardy on And try and get something. 

with the introduction of Vardy and Under the press was much higher up the pitch and much more aggressive. Lots of criticism for Brendan for not having a game plan against the bigger clubs but it seems to be working at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worthosoriginals said:

Yeh, if he'd got his tactics right we could have won. 

He got his subs right and that won us the game. 

Any other team than Arsenal would have punished us for that first half performance.