Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Birthday next month. Mrs asked me what I want. Said nothing, but I'd love a tattoo. 

Basically, im having this done, but with the face of Vardy.

Might even add some text.

Thou who chatteth shite will get bangeth 

unnamed (3).jpg

Amazingly, she's agreed. But said I can't add the text. Im working on it lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I think @StriderHiryu is one of the main people that would appreciate the tactical nous of what we did in that 2nd half. 

Our tactics became fairly inter-changeable in the 2nd half. I'm sure he can provide the graphics in good time :D 

Maddison went to the left, Barnes went in the middle to support Vardy a little, Mendy and Youri started finding a bit of extra space in the middle, even Castagne could get up a bit more. And then when Under came on it totally changed our mindset and perhaps belief grew that we could sneak something. It actually surprised me a bit that Arsenal reacted so slowly to our changes - maybe that's Arteta's naivety as a manager to not spot it? It just needed that one perfect pass and Youri provided it. Under found in acres of space, as was Vardy. Not an Arsenal defender in sight within 10 yards of Vardy? Even in totally different game scenarios Vardy rarely gets that much time!

image.thumb.png.0a57312bab6f28b48e267757c25dad2c.png

As much as Vardy and Under and Youri will get the plaudits for the goal, I think the defence really deserve some credit. Given a job, stuck to it. All the centre-backs to get close to the strikers. Don't give Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah barely given an inch to run in to or work their slick, quick passing they're usually famed for. We did ride our luck a bit when Lacazette missed an open goal and their offside goal, but it's the performance that made us deserve it. Fofana was class, very composed on the ball and aerially dominant, bonus that he would fancy a run up the wing like Soyuncu would at times lol

Fuchs, for all his ageing years and lack of regular game time, properly stepped up today as well. 

Tielemans and Mendy were very good. Up against a midfield that would pressure them a lot, especially in the first half. Perhaps they didn't perform that greatly in the first half because of that but 2nd half they did play with a bit more confidence and freedom. 

Said it a few times tonight but it wasn't pretty in any way (apart from the goal), but it was 100% effective. Rodgers and the whole team deserve the plaudits they get for pulling it off :appl:

I absolutely fuchsing love him. If it wasn't for JV he would be my all timer.

We're the weirdest team in world football and it's not even close.

Gameplan came off. Keep it tight for an hour and get Vardy on to nick it late on. We got fortunate to pull off the first bit but the second was very convincing.

Was only this week how I was saying that we never nick tight games so it's very welcome that we've done it.

Just get the grounds open though. That would've been special in normal circumstances.

13 minutes ago, Dames said:

Arsenal should have put that to bed in the first half hour. They got worse as City got better.

Unconvinced by the initial game plan still. The changes were a master stroke however and turned the game around. We look like a much better team when we are more direct with our play. 

....they have a front two who needs far too many chances to score!!!

For what they have paid for these two, their finishing is so poor and I would not want to have either at Leicester, even at a 50% discounted price.

The game plan seemed more like we were playing a high line and led to the majority of our yellows, scrambling to stop Arsenals' counter. We were pushed back and not sitting as a ploy, but because we had to defend deep. The question was asked at halftime, which manager would be the happier and it was obvious Rodgers would have been delighted, not to have conceded.

The experiment with Barnes did not work and I do not want to see Barnes switched all over the place, for speculative reasons. He has come into his own on the left and you would want him to build on that and today must have seemed like a waste of his time and having to be substituted because he is not contributed in his usual position.

Ünder, in this game, has shown what we have all been waiting for and so long as we look to find him, he will be a revelation.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think @StriderHiryu is one of the main people that would appreciate the tactical nous of what we did in that 2nd half. 

Our tactics became fairly inter-changeable in the 2nd half. I'm sure he can provide the graphics in good time :D 

Maddison went to the left, Barnes went in the middle to support Vardy a little, Mendy and Youri started finding a bit of extra space in the middle, even Castagne could get up a bit more. And then when Under came on it totally changed our mindset and perhaps belief grew that we could sneak something. It actually surprised me a bit that Arsenal reacted so slowly to our changes - maybe that's Arteta's naivety as a manager to not spot it? It just needed that one perfect pass and Youri provided it. Under found in acres of space, as was Vardy. Not an Arsenal defender in sight within 10 yards of Vardy? Even in totally different game scenarios Vardy rarely gets that much time!

As much as Vardy and Under and Youri will get the plaudits for the goal, I think the defence really deserve some credit. Given a job, stuck to it. All the centre-backs to get close to the strikers. Don't give Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah barely given an inch to run in to or work their slick, quick passing they're usually famed for. We did ride our luck a bit when Lacazette missed an open goal and their offside goal, but it's the performance that made us deserve it. Fofana was class, very composed on the ball and aerially dominant, bonus that he would fancy a run up the wing like Soyuncu would at times lol

Fuchs, for all his ageing years and lack of regular game time, properly stepped up today as well. 

Tielemans and Mendy were very good. Up against a midfield that would pressure them a lot, especially in the first half. Perhaps they didn't perform that greatly in the first half because of that but 2nd half they did play with a bit more confidence and freedom. 

Said it a few times tonight but it wasn't pretty in any way (apart from the goal), but it was 100% effective. Rodgers and the whole team deserve the plaudits they get for pulling it off :appl:

I thought you said you couldn’t believe it?

It was me who kept saying I fancy us for the first goal here...

😉

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well said Stanley ...  would just add that Under got the assist but the real killer pass was from Youri ....  and the only blot on the landscape for me was the amount of yellows dished out.   Fookin great result though !

• Like 1

Is this a sign of Brendan getting it right Vs the big clubs finally?

Fair play to him and the players.

I'm not sure whether the Barnes through the middle worked but we were always gonna bring Vardy on late, and it worked so well.

Great ball from Under too. And original ball from Youri. 

Tough choice for motm