Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

Does anyone on here get as wound up as those Arsenal fan TV muppets? Because it just seems so bizarre to me that grown men would get so upset about a Sunday night early season game behind closed doors in the middle of a global pandemic. Or am I just being a part-time fan? 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Does anyone on here get as wound up as those Arsenal fan TV muppets? Because it just seems so bizarre to me that grown men would get so upset about a Sunday night early season game behind closed doors in the middle of a global pandemic. Or am I just being a part-time fan? 

Plastic

• Like 2

All these results with the so called ‘big 6’ reminds me a bit of the year we won the league (not suggesting for 1 minute that will happen again), but the ‘big’ teams not really performing - looks like it will be a really exciting season.

Great result, particularly after the way it looked to be going in the first half.

Pace and directness from Under and Barnes down the wings, Vardy down the middle, Tielemans pulling the strings behind, Castagne and Ricardo bombing on from full back- in theory, we should be pretty potent when everyone is fit.

Just now, Big Dave said:

All these results with the so called ‘big 6’ reminds me a bit of the year we won the league (not suggesting for 1 minute that will happen again), but the ‘big’ teams not really performing - looks like it will be a really exciting season.

It's looking way more interesting than usual. But I still want fans back. I think our fans helped with us winning the league (we won the league!).

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not really the point is it. If Arsenal score first it's a completely different game

Of course it is. From memory, we’ve tried this format three times against traditionally bigger clubs. Twice, we’ve gone a goal down first. Once, we lost it and the second we won comfortably. The point is, without jumping on the “masterclass” bandwagon, he set his team up to be organised and compact away from home. As the players grew in confidence, we remained in the game. We then opened up and capitalised. We were the better team in the second half. Both defensively and offensively. He got it right today, just enjoy it because we’ll probably get it wrong again this season. 

Sometimes, the ineptitude of the opposition is all you can rely on. We missed Cresswell and then didn’t pick up Antonio against West Ham, they scored, sat back and we ended up chasing the game. Against Villa, Hamza forgot to keep up with his man. It happens. It’s a good result, even better away from home. 

Edit: when I say “of course it is”. At the start, I mean in reference to you saying it’s a different game.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

You serious? The more they act like bellends the more views and the more money they make. It’s hideous but that’s what it is 

• Like 1

Has Brendan done a post match report yet? I’m curious to see if this game plan was all on purpose or not. If it was than yes it was a tactical masterclass cuz it fooled me watching it and I was probably as frustrated as the arses on the pitch. The Vardy sucker punch was played to perfection 👌🏾

I’d prefer we outplay the opposition to be victorious but if this is what it takes with the weapons at our disposal than I’ll take it. 47 years blimey!