Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Thanks so much for that. Read the following ten pages... so funny!

• Haha 1

Brilliant win. Tactics were spot on and players carried out the plan to perfection.

Looks like the injuries that forced our hand in the city/arsenal games have given us the plan b we’d be looking for. 

am looking forward to seeing Under, Maddison, Barnes and God tear it up against some of the lesser teams 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There was a quote from Stockley Park at half time, on the channel I was watching.

I remember when Sam Allardyce exploited the offside rule change against us - they changed it pretty quickly. You can't put a player in front of a keeper in an offside position. That's fair, It doesn't matter where the keepers eyeline is, if he's got an attacker in the way of him it is offside.

• Like 1

Brendan has a plan! The players are buying into it and even though it makes us look shite sometimes and may knock our confidence and make us very nervous as fans but they believe, follow the plan and don't give up. Definitely a shift mentally this season already. Didn't see any panic from them. 

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Comedy gold.

Much like us on here with the Villa game. 😂

Not looking for an argument or a long back and forth but those calling it a tactical masterclass can you answer me a question. If Arsenal's offside goal isn't disallowed or they take one of their decent chances how can it being considered tactical nous? We seem to heavily rely on the ineptitude of our opposition with such tactics

And I know I'll just get replies saying 'but they didn't take their chances' etc but surely that's a weak argument 

Delighted with the 3 points and especially at a place where we don't ever win. Tough game next week

• Like 2

Slated the line up and the set up. But happy to eat my words. Game plan worked a treat. We were very solid at the back. First time I’ve seen us win at arsenal! Grew into the game and got a lot more confident as the game went on. What a lovely goal too. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Not looking for an argument or a long back and forth but those calling it a tactical masterclass can you answer me a question. If Arsenal's offside goal isn't disallowed or they take one of their decent chances how can it being considered tactical nous? We seem to heavily rely on the ineptitude of our opposition with such tactics

And I know I'll just get replies saying 'but they didn't take their chances' etc but surely that's a weak argument 

Delighted with the 3 points and especially at a place where we don't ever win. Tough game next week

We’ll give Arsenal their disallowed goal, if Vardy can have his one on one at the end. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

That would have been a big mistake by Arsenal. Man City made the mistake of scoring first - and look what happened to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I can only recall 2 other decent chances. For all the possession they had, we actually restricted them to very few chances. It becomes a tactical masterclass because we defended very well (which wasn't appreciated by a lot of fans at the time because it wasn't nice to watch) and prevented them from creating clear-cut chances.

I would imagine if they did take one of their few chances, Vardy and Under come on sooner. I guess Rodgers just wanted to make sure we didn't lose it before we had a chance to win it. It becomes a masterclass because the defensive tactic was effective and allowed us to bring on our own talisman and create one perfect chance for him. It was risky, but we got the ultimate reward with 3 points and the bonus of a clean sheet fully deserved for the defence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

they had one decent chance, we sat behind the ball and looked pretty comfortable, hes brings on 2 players that assisted and scored the goal? whats not to like it wasn't great viewing but we got the job done in the end.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As far as I can see BR can only set out a plan and hope the team executes it. And that's what happened. As a plan it worked. Remembering we have a injury list of key players and Vardy had only so many minutes in him to play tonight. If Arsenal had scored then his plan would have failed and he'd have needed to evaluate whether to continue with the plan or change it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I believe the game plan would have changed had we conceded to a early game. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Is this a sign of Brendan getting it right Vs the big clubs finally?

Fair play to him and the players.

I'm not sure whether the Barnes through the middle worked but we were always gonna bring Vardy on late, and it worked so well.

Great ball from Under too. And original ball from Youri. 

Tough choice for motm

Fofana by a mile