Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Ben Chilwell

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Some people really struggle to understand why certain players left and it baffles me.

Chilwell, Maguire and Mahrez are all on 200k a week and playing for more prestigious clubs. It's pretty clear why they wanted to leave. 

Yes I agree. I remember as a kid thinking if I made it professionally I would play for Leicester all my career and money would not be of the slightest importance.

That romanticism doesn’t last long and to be honest I would play for the devils 11 for 10 million quid a year! 😂

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Yes I agree. I remember as a kid thinking if I made it professionally I would play for Leicester all my career and money would not be of the slightest importance.

That romanticism doesn’t last long and to be honest I would play for the devils 11 for 10 million quid a year! 😂

I don't think I could score against my team though. Would have to catch my toe in the turf.

13 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

That is what I find very unfortunate and am missing this. For a long while, especially with the likes of Vardy, Kasper, Evans and Ricardo, you sense that they chase and chase because they feel like they can win and they don’t give up. Nowadays, and it has been like that the entire 2020, I feel like the possession based football and Rodgers excuses (at least in the media) have broken this mentality. I used to think that we always want to win - so yes we sometimes just constantly pump the ball upfield and lose possession but the spirit was there - nowadays we care more about keeping possession

Hi Tom, is this paragraph part of the Chilwell quote or your opinion?

Edited by ftfagos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t really care about Chilwell we swapped an average player for £50m and in return got Belgium’s left wing back and France’s best centre back prospect, whilst also being able to provide another couple of young English full backs game time, with both stepping up to the mark thus far. 

We got a brilliant deal out of it but that’s not to say that Chilwell is awful.  I think he fits Chelsea well and fair play to him as I think he’ll be a success. Just think Luke Thomas has more to his game. 

9 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

We got a brilliant deal out of it but that’s not to say that Chilwell is awful.  I think he fits Chelsea well and fair play to him as I think he’ll be a success. Just think Luke Thomas has more to his game. 

I don’t think any of his LCFC critics ever genuinely thought Chilwell was awful. He just produced too many dreadful performances among the decent ones - especially under Rodgers when, unlike him, most other players significantly improved.

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t really care about Chilwell we swapped an average player for £50m and in return got Belgium’s left wing back and France’s best centre back prospect, whilst also being able to provide another couple of young English full backs game time, with both stepping up to the mark thus far. 

This:appl:.  Stuff Chilwell. 

• Like 2

Personally think Thomas will be a much better player. Already looks like he can cross a ball better and seems a little more switched on defensively. I think we’ve come out of this well. 

I hope Chillwell does ok at Chelsea - no hard feelings from me. Most of us would do the same. 

I usually hope most people do well in life, it’s a nice thing, but for some reason I just can’t help finding immense amusement at Slabheads demise at Man Utd. I’m a bad man. 

• Like 2

What is important to remember is the article that was posted here a few weeks back, eluding to the psychological struggles he faced, particularly in his final season with us. I think, sufficed to say, one of the most toxic elements of football tribalism is the brutal nature of the game, especially on youngsters who aren't performing well. We've been fortunate to have players like Vardy, Kasper, Wes, Fuchs etc that all seem to have hit their heights at quite unconventional ages, meaning that a transfer away from Leicester is slightly less incentivised. The aforementioned almost seem like one-club players, which I think has created a slightly unrealistic expectation amongst our fans that our youngsters will generally follow suit. Chilwell's move to Chelsea, alongside Maguire's to Man United have been pivotal in our growth as a squad, ultimately creating room for long term growth so that we can consistently reach European competitions and hopefully trophies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Personally think Thomas will be a much better player. Already looks like he can cross a ball better and seems a little more switched on defensively. I think we’ve come out of this well. 

I hope Chillwell does ok at Chelsea - no hard feelings from me. Most of us would do the same. 

I usually hope most people do well in life, it’s a nice thing, but for some reason I just can’t help finding immense amusement at Slabheads demise at Man Utd. I’m a bad man. 

He did help pay 85% of our new training ground by being respectful to us and didn’t try to protest his way out - probably adding to our bargaining power in the process. So no hard feelings for me, but equally I do feel much vindicated that I was (amongst others) who claimed when he was here that he was a reason for us leaking goals and he was not our best defender (as usual got slammed a bit back then). (Same as for the Chilwell debate and now the Maddison debate.)

• Haha 1

We'd be stronger with him in the side this season no doubt, but he wasn't great for us. This may just be a purple patch for him but I hope he does well as we have nothing else available at left back for England. Seems like a nice enough guy and can't blame him for leaving. Good deal all round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Yes he will because Luke Thomas can defend

• Like 2

Chilwell's move was good for us and good for him.  There were some minor issues with his game, which for some reason he couldn't get over here.  Not sure if that was down to the coaching, his confidence or something else.  To develop his career, to be the best that he can be, he needed a move.  So far, Chelsea seems to be a good fit for him.  Good luck to him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sdb said:

Far better player than most of you realised. As he's showing! Lets hope Thomas can replace quickly. 

...not really the case...!!!

If you are going to continually put in the same unconvincing performances,  then you ask the question, is it him or are we failing to give him the tools or information to improve the quality of his displays.

I said sometime ago (should he move on),he would look a lot different in his approach to games regarding the quality he would bring. Unsurprisingly he is getting instructions and encouragement to do the things we wanted to see from him.

It is clear we do struggle to overcome shortfalls in individual players games and when those shortcomings are played out game after game, the frustration of spectators come to the fore.

We either deemed his contributions to our club (at the time), to be adequate or we failed in his education and limited the potential of an assured asset.

3 hours ago, ousefox said:

We'd be stronger with him in the side this season no doubt, but he wasn't great for us. This may just be a purple patch for him but I hope he does well as we have nothing else available at left back for England. Seems like a nice enough guy and can't blame him for leaving. Good deal all round.

See this does my head in when people say...  but  he’s England’s first choice left back like it adds weight to argument  of him being a high level player . He’s England’s left back as he’s the best of a bad bunch .Also add to that He’s the first choice  left back just  like Jordan Pickford is first choice keeper and Harry first choice centre back  and they’re dog shit . That isn’t a dig at you buy the way . 

2 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

£130m for Chillwell and  Maguire 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We did well 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

See this does my head in when people say...  but  he’s England’s first choice left back like it adds weight to argument  of him being a high level player . He’s England’s left back as he’s the best of a bad bunch .Also add to that He’s the first choice  left back just  like Jordan Pickford is first choice keeper and Harry first choice centre back  and they’re dog shit . That isn’t a dig at you buy the way . 

Haha no worries. I agree it's sad state of affairs that he's our first choice but I do hope he's a success because he is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

£130m for Chillwell and  Maguire 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you throw Drinkwater, Kante and Mahrez in there we have sold 5 players for almost 250m

Absolute PR piece that article.

Talks about him being “sharp in the tackle” and one of the best crossers at the club. Having watched him week in week out, I wouldn’t associate him with either of those things. The article fails to provide any statistics or evidence that might support either of those notions.

Chilwell has quality and it’s suiting him that he’s been given licence to get forward more at Chelsea than he ever would have at Leicester but the deficiencies still remain; mentally weak, susceptible to high balls to the back post and very inconsistent delivery.

Some players have a certain PR around them that sees them held in higher regard than their actual ability and Chilwell is one. He’ll make a decent career at Chelsea but it was a good deal all round in that they got someone who’s decent as a Premier League full back, we got £50m+ and he’ll get paid handsomely. When he calls it a day he’ll have a fair few England caps and a couple of medals but he’ll not have reached that ‘world class’ category.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1