Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Ben Chilwell

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Bit of a stretch that..

Agree in the fact he had the potential to be a great player for us. Maybe didn’t show that at times last season but he got way too much stick from the fans, turned into an easy target after every 90 mins. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

This from the Guardian worth a read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/11/ben-chilwell-chelsea-frank-lampard

Pity he thought he had to go to Chelsea to win trophies. Hopefully Thomas will be challenging him for an England place in another 12 months or so - with City winning more than Chelsea

Chelsea are a trophy winning machine. it makes sense to go there if you want to win things. Plus the added stuff of higher salary, living in London etc. 

55 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/11/ben-chilwell-chelsea-frank-lampard

Pity he thought he had to go to Chelsea to win trophies. Hopefully Thomas will be challenging him for an England place in another 12 months or so - with City winning more than Chelsea

Well he needed to go there to earn 200k/week and he wanted to move to London ..... the pandemic has spoiled his first six months’ fun ! 

48 minutes ago, Koke said:

Chelsea are a trophy winning machine. it makes sense to go there if you want to win things. Plus the added stuff of higher salary, living in London etc. 

London is an overrated shithole mostly. OK for a day trip or weekend. Love parts of it but lots of dross. Covid aside, I can do as much in Cardiff and enjoy the mountains and sea within a short drive. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 3

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelseas-ben-chilwell-makes-leicester-4790946.amp

“When we won the league with Leicester in 2016, when I was fortunate enough to be in the squad at 18 or 19 years old, what I found was that the boys were going into every game confident they were going to win.”

That is what I find very unfortunate and I am missing this. For a long while, especially with the likes of Vardy, Kasper, Evans and Ricardo, you sense that they chase and chase because they feel like they can win and they don’t give up. Nowadays, and it has been like that the entire 2020, I feel like the possession based football and Rodgers excuses (at least in the media) have broken this mentality. I used to think that we always want to win - so yes we sometimes just constantly pump the ball upfield and lose possession but the spirit was there - nowadays we care more about keeping possession. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

Is he having a laugh wanted to imply he’s the best crosser of the ball 😂😂😂

On 21/11/2020 at 17:10, Always Next Year said:

The way he was playing for us not giving 100% and the way he is playing now, and the comments he was receiving form fans shows he wanted out.

It looks so obvious now. I have watched him a couple of times for Chelsea and he looks much improved from when he was here.
His crossing and corners are spot on and  he makes some smart runs. He downed tools for us no doubt about it. 

I was really gutted when he decided to leave us, and not keep progressing with us. But it’s worked out well effectively he paid for the bulk of our transfers.

Forgotten about him until this thread has re emerged. 

Showing he's a good player for Chelsea but was nothing like that for us. Can't say it was lack of effort, probably just the way in which he is being instructed to play and the players around him.

If the reported wages posted above are correct then that is outstanding work from his agent. Truly frightening money for a left back.

Would love to have seen the reaction of Mason Mount when it dawned on him Chilwell was on double his money!! 😂

I imagine he was asking his own agent why the f**k the left back who passes backwards and sideways all game is on double his own poke. 

• Haha 1

On 21/11/2020 at 17:10, Always Next Year said:

The way he was playing for us not giving 100% and the way he is playing now, and the comments he was receiving form fans shows he wanted out.

his performances have been a night and day difference.  he was just unhappy here I feel.  Remember he did also speak out about some mental health issues as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

If the reported wages posted above are correct then that is outstanding work from his agent. Truly frightening money for a left back.

Would love to have seen the reaction of Mason Mount when it dawned on him Chilwell was on double his money!! 😂

I imagine he was asking his own agent why the f**k the left back who passes backwards and sideways all game is on double his own poke. 

Some people really struggle to understand why certain players left and it baffles me.

Chilwell, Maguire and Mahrez are all on 200k a week and playing for more prestigious clubs. It's pretty clear why they wanted to leave. 

• Like 2