Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Ben Chilwell

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

If you throw Drinkwater, Kante and Mahrez in there we have sold 5 players for almost 250m

Drinkwater -> Tielemans, Maddison

Kante -> Ndidi

Mahrez -> Under
Chilwell -> Thomas
Maguire -> Cags, Fofana

It's incredible really. The only player we haven't adequately replaced (understandably) is Mahrez.

• Like 2

Chilwell..Must be better than any of you...Nobody knows you....!!

Chilwell is a name in English football, he doesn't have to have an Agenda, or go on a crusade to decry or continualyl demean,

A Local lad, come good, fairing at his profession far better than the People in this forum,who Show only spite & Snidey left-overs to a young lad

who has already Left the club....Its crass and unwarranted..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Chilwell..Must be better than any of you...Nobody knows you....!!

Chilwell is a name in English football, he doesn't have to have an Agenda, or go on a crusade to decry or continualyl demean,

A Local lad, come good, fairing at his profession far better than the People in this forum,who Show only spite & Snidey left-overs to a young lad

who has already Left the club....Its crass and unwarranted..

It looks like you have used the greater than symbol.  I think I get your point

It’s obvious Chilwell has improved significantly at Chelsea in a way he probably wouldn’t have with us. For us he was very good athletically but weak defensive and frustrating going forwards. Absolutely not a loss given we have Castagne, Thomas and Justin as LB options.

11 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

we'd be top of the league if we had Mahrez

Depends which Mahrez came back . Although admittedly brilliant on his day on others he just don’t give a flying **** and it can be like playing with ten men . That said thy guy was unplayable in our title winning season . 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

we'd be top of the league if we had Mahrez

Not the Mahrez I watched play today .

I'm not disputing his talent but he is will never be a team player. Man C have him & they aint top of the league !!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, shailen said:

Really don't get the hate for Chilwell. He's one of the best full backs in the world and that's something we've developed. His stamina, defensive positioning, speed, aerial ability are all areas he excels in. His crossing in open play was poor at times but ironically his set pieces are fantastic.

I do feel last season especially we weren't built for the crossing game as it would just be Vardy in the box with Barnes usually looking for it short and midfielders waiting for it on the edge of the box. It's really why some of the times why his crosses looked aimless whereas at Chelsea they're doing the opposite and it's making him look like a real offensive threat. 

Agree!

the hate and detest goes to

far. You have acknowledged as many have his form wasn’t great at times so to his crossing. But you as I, have no reason to hate him. But a large portion of our fan base do.

id like to know what he has done to “warrant” that dislike?

mahrez went and sat in an airport, as such created such a bad vibe that we lost out on potential europa. Not sure how chillwell is disliked more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Agree!

the hate and detest goes to

far. You have acknowledged as many have his form wasn’t great at times so to his crossing. But you as I, have no reason to hate him. But a large portion of our fan base do.

id like to know what he has done to “warrant” that dislike?

mahrez went and sat in an airport, as such created such a bad vibe that we lost out on potential europa. Not sure how chillwell is disliked more.

Even during our winning run last season, there were groans whenever Chilwell was announced over the tannoy system from a section of fans at the KP. Its almost as though he was doomed to fail before he started. No wonder he talks about his confidence taking a hit. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

It’s obvious Chilwell has improved significantly at Chelsea in a way he probably wouldn’t have with us. For us he was very good athletically but weak defensive and frustrating going forwards. Absolutely not a loss given we have Castagne, Thomas and Justin as LB options.

How footballers seemingly improve or regress so quickly fascinates me. It seems implausible that a player who found it nigh on impossible to pass or cross under numerous managers known for developing young players is mind boggling. It happens though and often quickly, which is what we are seemingly seeing with Chilwell. His final ball, the very thing I thought was a technical flaw that might not ever be improved is now pretty bloody good. I honestly thought he might have webbed feet, his passes and crosses would be like a magnet to empty space in any peculiar shape required not to reach any of our players, yet now he seems to be putting in some balls with accuracy and quality. It begs the question if he was deliberately playing badly for us but that's not really the best preparation for getting a move to a bigger club and going on to become their highest paid player so it must simply be a new challenge and new ideas thats got this missing piece of the puzzle for Chilwell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

I like Thomas but I can't get my head round why people think he's going to be way better than Chilwell. He's better at crossing granted, but his defensive positioning, aerial ability, etc. are miles away from where Chilwell was at the same age. 

Not sure about the last bit.

Ben Chilwell is 4.5 years older than Luke Thomas.    They had both broken into the first team by the time they were 19.   Thomas has made 18 appearances to date, Chilwell had made 22 appearances by roughly the same age.

They both are showing (have shown) plenty of promise, but no way that Luke Thomas is "miles away" at the same age.

• Like 2

He certainly was not worth the £50m Chelsea spent on him.... to suggest he was one of our better defenders last season is a bit silly, he was responsible for some of the most horrible performances I’ve seen from a Leicester player. Was it Southampton at home? I don’t think he actually found a Leicester shirt with a single pass..... 

Personally I don’t rate him all that much, his defensive positioning is poor, he often get caught out, particularly by physical players with a bit of pace. He’s playing well for Chelsea yes, but he’s got world class players around him, he’s not even as good as JJ, let alone Timmy or Ricardo in my opinion. He was however excellent and driving us up the pitch, but JJ, Timmy and Ricardo can all do that....  so personally I don’t think we’ve lost as much as we’ve gained now he has gone.  

But, having said all of that, the fact he is currently playing well does us massive favours, he’s done more leaving the club than he did whilst playing for us, £50m for you young defender developed by us? It will be an attractive proposition for any young player wanting to come to the PL, a new fancy training ground and evidence we improve players will only help us going forward in the window. 

I mean, look at the window we’ve had, Timmy, lil Wes, under.... all quality players. We’re slowly but surely becoming a power house, just need to sort the consistency out. 

And Thomas will definitely become a better player. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How footballers seemingly improve or regress so quickly fascinates me. It seems implausible that a player who found it nigh on impossible to pass or cross under numerous managers known for developing young players is mind boggling. It happens though and often quickly, which is what we are seemingly seeing with Chilwell. His final ball, the very thing I thought was a technical flaw that might not ever be improved is now pretty bloody good. I honestly thought he might have webbed feet, his passes and crosses would be like a magnet to empty space in any peculiar shape required not to reach any of our players, yet now he seems to be putting in some balls with accuracy and quality. It begs the question if he was deliberately playing badly for us but that's not really the best preparation for getting a move to a bigger club and going on to become their highest paid player so it must simply be a new challenge and new ideas thats got this missing piece of the puzzle for Chilwell.

It’s not that big a mystery.  I think he’s already said in another interview that he lost confidence for a while - and given some of the stick he got that was pretty much inevitable.

Obviously don’t know the guy but he seems like someone that a manager needs to to build up and praise rather than criticise to get the best out of them.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Not the Mahrez I watched play today .

I'm not disputing his talent but he is will never be a team player. Man C have him & they aint top of the league !!

Could apply that to every Man City player yesterday, Pep has lost them that’s very obvious they don’t work as hard or press as hard as before and are a shadow of the team 3 years ago