Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth was he doing for Lingard's 2nd goal today? 

I never noticed it at the time as I was in shock at how a professional football team was undone by a long ball in the manner that would embarass an u8s team.

Good shout though, that is terrible keeping. Hes made the job of scoring really easy their 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth was he doing for Lingard's 2nd goal today? 

Thought about this too. It made me wonder if the high line thing was properly thought through. From memory, Schmeichel's starting point seemed really, really deep considering how high the line was. I wonder if he was a bit further up towards the edge of the box, he might have been able to make a better decision and execution. 

He just got caught so badly in no man's land. Committed too early and (along with the defence) made it far too easy for them to break through and score. It really pisses me off that two goals Lingard has scored against us have been open goals and the easiest ones he might ever score lol

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I never noticed it at the time as I was in shock at how a professional football team was undone by a long ball in the manner that would embarass an u8s team.

Good shout though, that is terrible keeping. Hes made the job of scoring really easy their 

It's abysmal! Especially as he is one of the best one on one shot stoppers in the league. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's abysmal! Especially as he is one of the best one on one shot stoppers in the league. 

I can only assume hes focused on Bowen and closing down the angle. Probably not expecting Lingard to be bombing through the centre with nobody near him

I think if he sees the full picture and has a moment to think it through then he holds his position.

It's easy in hindsight :D

My Kasper Schmeichel top trump Card...

Penalty Box Shot Stopping 9/10

Outside the Box Shot Stopping 6/10

Fitness 9/10

Aerial Ability 2/10

Distribution 3/10

Kasper has got to win an award for being the most confident keeper with his feet, who is basically crap! He strolls around like someone between Ederson and Zidane but is woeful with the ball at his feet. Dont get me wrong, this isnt an anti-Kasper post as he has been amazing for us, but I know that one day I will either smash up the laptop or sling the remote at the TV when he clips his "pass" to the full-back that goes astray or even worse, fail to come off his line for an oppos set-piece and they head in from a yard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don’t understand the scapegoating of Kasper here at all, nothing he could do with any of the goals. People seem to just be looking for somebody else to take the blame.

Think Kasper will be crucial in defining the rest of our season now. He would hate the covid breach done by Club “Captain” Wes and co, so he will step up to the plate for our team I reckon. I would not want to be in front of Kasper after such blatant lack of respect for their teammates. Full faith in his mentality and he would never shirk the responsibility either.

Arise Captain Kasper!

Edited by jaqo88
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jaqo88 said:

Don’t understand the scapegoating of Kasper here at all, nothing he could do with any of the goals. People seem to just be looking for somebody else to take the blame.

Think Kasper will be crucial in defining the rest of our season now. He would hate the covid breach done by Club “Captain” Wes and co, so he will step up to the plate for our team I reckon. I would not want to be in front of Kasper after such blatant lack of respect for their teammates. Full faith in his mentality and he would never shirk the responsibility either.

Arise Captain Kasper!

It's not scapegoating, it's looking at things and pointing out where huge mistakes have happened. He's a brilliant keeper who does have a number of weaknesses. His heroics in games are legendary but it's decisions like he made for that 2nd goal that baffle me. What what he trying to do?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not scapegoating, it's looking at things and pointing out where huge mistakes have happened. He's a brilliant keeper who does have a number of weaknesses. His heroics in games are legendary but it's decisions like he made for that 2nd goal that baffle me. What what he trying to do?

I think we are letting the 3 CB of light here, they get done with a straight long ball that come 40-50 yard, the same happen in the home game. 

Resulting in two players being though on goal.

Yes Kasper has a rush of blood, but I pretty sure even without that it would have been a goal 9 out of 10

He got his angles completely wrong for the first and second.

The first I expect him to make sure it’s going wide but the spin and completely done him. The second was idiotic, yes they got in behind but Bowen was at a difficult angle and never going to take a shot on there. I couldn’t believe how easy he made it and the replays make it look even worse, such a bad decision from one of our most experienced players.

We do need a better option in goal. Great shot stopper but quite average overall. Aerial ability is his weakness and that’s a massive flaw in a gk for me.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Analysethis said:

My Kasper Schmeichel top trump Card...

Penalty Box Shot Stopping 9/10

Outside the Box Shot Stopping 6/10

Fitness 9/10

Aerial Ability 2/10

Distribution 3/10

Kasper has got to win an award for being the most confident keeper with his feet, who is basically crap! He strolls around like someone between Ederson and Zidane but is woeful with the ball at his feet. Dont get me wrong, this isnt an anti-Kasper post as he has been amazing for us, but I know that one day I will either smash up the laptop or sling the remote at the TV when he clips his "pass" to the full-back that goes astray or even worse, fail to come off his line for an oppos set-piece and they head in from a yard.

I'd add 'Presence' 9/10 and 'Leadership' 9/10, but agree with the rest! He does make me scream at the TV far too often for a top, top class keeper

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

thought he should have done better with the first too

It looked really awkward but when you see how incredible that shot was, you notice that Kasper had no chance. Lingard bends it round players, Kasper can't see it and somehow it bends in off the post. Great goal, no keeper saves that.

• Like 3

The ball took took a swerve Roberto Carlos would be proud of, not a chance he's meant to be doing better there. It's a split second judgement and from the shot behind the goal the ball looks like it's going about three metres wide to start with. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The ball took took a swerve Roberto Carlos would be proud of, not a chance he's meant to be doing better there. It's a split second judgement and from the shot behind the goal the ball looks like it's going about three metres wide to start with. 

or going back a bit - Rivelino. Just remind me again which modern day colossus is drawing comparisons with these all time greats - oh yes Jessie "Fecking" Lingardlol

Just now, Corky said:

I think the first one looks worse because he doesn't move, it went just inside the post, he'd have made a stunning save if he'd reached it.

he was over that side of the goal anyway, it wouldn't have been that stunning a save

• Like 1

17 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Lot be honest it was a complete cock up long before Kasper got involved.

Yep.

No problem playing a high line if we're pressing the ball carrier.

If you're putting no press on though the defence has to drop. It's the sort of thing you learn at under 12s level.

• Like 1