Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He hit it first time, with some right swerve on it and Kasper was completely unsighted... but yeah should have saved it.

FFS.

1EF0B776-5776-49D2-BE79-2C1097398B56.jpeg

Wasnt just unsighted watch the goal back he takes a small step to his right which wrong foots him.

West Ham scored three entirely preventable goals, but Kasper was not at fault for any of them.  That said, he maybe could have done better with the second.  Seemed quite uncharacteristic of him to come rushing out the way he did.  I wonder if he had it in his head that Bowen was offside and that influenced his decision making?

• Like 1

Out of interest, who do people actually think is a better keeper in the prem? Ederson but he doesn't have much to do in most games!

Lloris is an incredibly shot stopper but makes so many mistakes. Allison has made more big errors this season alone than Kasper has in his time in the prem.

Just not really sure what people expect.

I'd say Ederson's the best, the little he has to do during games he does well & what makes him so good is his distribution which is ridiculous. After that I don't know who is the next best, I think you could make an argument for Kasper being the second best. 

He messed up on the second goal yesterday but apart from that I'm struggling to remember his last mistake. He's just a very very solid goalkeeper who makes very little mistakes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Out of interest, who do people actually think is a better keeper in the prem? Ederson but he doesn't have much to do in most games!

Lloris is an incredibly shot stopper but makes so many mistakes. Allison has made more big errors this season alone than Kasper has in his time in the prem.

Put it this way: I wouldn't swap him for anyone.  All keepers make mistakes from time to time, but Kasper makes very few.  He is Mr. Consistent and on his own, is probably worth 10-15 points per season.

12 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the Prem, honestly. When he’s gone and we end up with someone making proper mistakes, only then will people get it.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

Kasper is one of the best keepers in the Prem and we are very fortunate to have him but he should have done better for the first 2 goals. 

He got beaten at his near post for the first. 

The defence were largely at fault for the 2nd but I have no idea what he is doing rushing out like that. 

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the Orem, honestly. When he’s gone and we end up with someone making proper mistakes, only then will people get it.

Spot on 

45 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Kasper is one of the best keepers in the Prem and we are very fortunate to have him but he should have done better for the first 2 goals. 

He got beaten at his near post for the first. 

The defence were largely at fault for the 2nd but I have no idea what he is doing rushing out like that. 

You can’t save a shot you can’t see, and even if he saw it, you make a quick decision and that shot starts off going wide and has a crazy swerve. 

14 hours ago, Babylon said:

He hit it first time, with some right swerve on it and Kasper was completely unsighted... but yeah should have saved it.

FFS.

1EF0B776-5776-49D2-BE79-2C1097398B56.jpeg

When I first saw it, thought he should’ve done better. As he seems to gesture like he’s leaving it.

but when you see the replay. Not only does it serve he kinda miskicks it into the ground too.

Along with many players we have at the minute, people don’t realise how lucky we are to have kasper.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Other than saying Orem instead of Prem lol

Happens a lot to me too lol 

I still think he could’ve at least attempted a dive at the first on Sunday but we’ll find it hard to replace him - Not Just on the pitch but off the pitch too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Speaks so well in the media. Fronts up when things have gone wrong, too.

An amazing decade for him at club and international level.

And to think he didn't want to join originally lol 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Speaks so well in the media. Fronts up when things have gone wrong, too.

An amazing decade for him at club and international level.

And to think he didn't want to join originally lol 

Totally agree with the first points. 

I'm not sure it was so much he didn't want to join, in a recent interview he said he didn't know anything about the transfer until after the deal was done. 

Edited by FoyleFox

• 2 weeks later...

It has no doubt been said before but the reason why Kasper will never be considered WC is because he just won’t come for setpieces... great save with the ‘starfish’ early on... to then be rooted from a set piece in his 6 yard box..

we know it’s not in his game, frustrating to watch though.

8 minutes ago, Rigga said:

It has no doubt been said before but the reason why Kasper will never be considered WC is because he just won’t come for setpieces... great save with the ‘starfish’ early on... to then be rooted from a set piece in his 6 yard box..

we know it’s not in his game, frustrating to watch though.

This is down to Stowell's coaching - since his arrival as GK coach we've seen keepers arrive that come for the ball and have it coached out of them. Annoys me too.

Want sure if Kasper was like that at other clubs.. or as mentioned, has it been cos he’d out of him..

he’s a great servant for us..makes some incredible saves...it’s just that side of his game that stops him being WC... for a keeper not to come for a ball like that tonight. Just baffles me..

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

Want sure if Kasper was like that at other clubs.. or as mentioned, has it been cos he’d out of him..

he’s a great servant for us..makes some incredible saves...it’s just that side of his game that stops him being WC... for a keeper not to come for a ball like that tonight. Just baffles me..

His wilful refusal to command his 6-yard box, and his flaky distribution, are two major weaknesses in an otherwise rounded talent, and a great character. Much as I love him, and I do, I’m not unhappy at the prospect of our one day having a keeper who commands his box & can play like Ederson. We should be so lucky!