Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Braga Post Match

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Concerning because it was so poor and should of cost us the game.

Not concerning for his long term future as imo he’s along with Kante the most I’ve believed 1 of our players would go right to the top, but vs Liverpool and tonight he’s shown a lot of rashness and if I were BR I’d have a quiet word with him and try and coach him on a few things, because no doubt physically and technically he’s got everything.

I'm sure that will happen. By the way, there's no r in Fofana. Not that it matters, except I get OCD about it. My problem, not yours. :) 

• Haha 4

Just now, Pliskin said:

He’s 19. Bound to make mistakes like that from time to time.

Of course. He’s a top defender already but I believe he could be even better!

Just now, Fox85 said:

Dont be concerned just remember he is a 19 year old footballer playing at the top level. He's got another 5 to 6 years to still improve so the future is looking good 

I hope he stays with us for a good few seasons as it’ll be great for both us and him and will help him develop into the real deal.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes.

And I am glad. We should always offer such support to our champion squad

tbf, he could teach Justin a thing or two about defending

Just now, Steve Earle said:

The difference Tielemans & Maddison made was huge. Youri clear MOTM, but only because Madders’ 4 out of 10 corners dragged down his 9 out of 10 in open play!

Tonight showed us all how brilliantly Rodgers has papered over the cracks this season. Fringe players have been exposed by quality opponents in the last two games, but our best available XI is, properly set up, good enough to give anyone a game.

Onwards & upwards!

I dint understand why he is still taking the corners

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Imagine the scenes in the away end if you saw Vardy tuck that one away! The bars in Braga would be swinging for a long time after the match, that's for sure!

Makes me sick honestly. Seeing Thomas get his first for us too. Torturing myself here I'll stop.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

The difference Tielemans & Maddison made was huge. Youri clear MOTM, but only because Madders’ 4 out of 10 corners dragged down his 9 out of 10 in open play!

Tonight showed us all how brilliantly Rodgers has papered over the cracks this season. Fringe players have been exposed by quality opponents in the last two games, but our best available XI is, properly set up, good enough to give anyone a game.

Onwards & upwards!

Exactly this. We made a lot of errors today defensively but as a cohesive unit and creating, it was the best I’ve seen us play for a long time.

Tielemens And Maddison were fantastic, Vardy looked a threat. With our best team coming back, we will be a huge threat. Ricardo Castange adds so much to our ability to support attacks and Wilf allows us to be harder to break down.

Our squad can cover but will occasionally get shown up, but there’s no doubt that when we get those big hitters back, we have all the potential in our first to go right to the end in the Europa league and push for top 4.

• Like 1

That fofana moment reminded me of King in the playoffs against Watford. Easy to criticise when the move ends in a goal, but the ball on the touchline by the halfway line is a position we should recover from. Or perhaps I'm just too honest, like both players..

Fofana just needs to calm down a little bit, his aggressive nature is what makes him so talented but he can be a bit all over the place. Not that the goal was particularly because of that, he was in a place no centre back wants to be and had to foul.

Justin was everywhere in the last 20 minutes, left centre back but was in the box every time we went forward lol

4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Concerning because it was so poor and should of cost us the game.

Not concerning for his long term future as imo he’s along with Kante the most I’ve believed 1 of our players would go right to the top, but vs Liverpool and tonight he’s shown a lot of rashness and if I were BR I’d have a quiet word with him and try and coach him on a few things, because no doubt physically and technically he’s got everything.

So? I mean, obviously we'd rather he didn't make those kind of mistakes, but every player has the occasional off game. If he had been making those mistakes for the last 2-3 games without change then I'd agree it might start to be of concern, but its a one off dip in performance that you really shouldn't read into so much. 

I wouldn't be concerned by a single bad game in isolation even if it was someone experienced like Evans; the fact that its a 19 year old kid who is still developing surely means we cut him a little more slack, if anything.

• Like 1

My 5 week old daughter didn't enjoy that Vardy equaliser.

Thoroughly deserved that, Braga are a good side and although we weren't at our best we were a danger in that 2nd half. 

I do like James Justin as an attacking centre back but I think there are times in this system where we will get exposed, likewise Fofana came on and was immense going forward but made the poor mistake of not clattering the ball and player on the sideline for their 3rd goal. 

Maddison and Tielemans changed the game for us, both looked intent on getting us qualified and that's good to see. Both were muck at the weekend and with how bad Praet was tonight they have to start vs Fulham.

Great finish from Barnes, absolutely buzzing for Thomas who was solid going forward and didn't have an easy night with Evans twice putting him in the shit positionally. Kasper was excellent and then frustrating with his erratic distribution, but that's nothing new. 

Biggest disappointment of the night bar some suspect positioning was Ünder, almost wish he'd not started and then got to come on with Maddison and Vardy when the game was more in our control and we created space. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Exactly this. We made a lot of errors today defensively but as a cohesive unit and creating, it was the best I’ve seen us play for a long time.

Tielemens And Maddison were fantastic, Vardy looked a threat. With our best team coming back, we will be a huge threat. Ricardo Castange adds so much to our ability to support attacks and Wilf allows us to be harder to break down.

Our squad can cover but will occasionally get shown up, but there’s no doubt that when we get those big hitters back, we have all the potential in our first to go right to the end in the Europa league and push for top 4.

I think Fofana genuinely thought he could probably catch him (even though it wasn’t going to happen) and make a tackle. He’ll learn. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

So? I mean, obviously we'd rather he didn't make those kind of mistakes, but every player has the occasional off game. If he had been making those mistakes for the last 2-3 games without change then I'd agree it might start to be of concern, but its a one off dip in performance that you really shouldn't read into so much. 

I wouldn't be concerned by a single bad game in isolation even if it was someone experienced like Evans; the fact that its a 19 year old kid who is still developing surely means we cut him a little more slack, if anything.

I actually don’t think he was bad at all this game, he offered a lot and had a decent performance. It’s nothing against the lad, he’s one of my favourite players for us and in Roy Keanes words, 1 of the few I’d want in the trenches with me!

However just that mistake in icolation as it was a very big one imo. If we’re chasing the game I’d understand, but at 2-2 needing a draw being caught in a bad position, you have to drop. I understand the youthful exuberance but it should of cost us big time.

Not at all hammering the guy but just noticed it quite a few times recently vs Bamford at Leeds and constantly vs Firminho and Mane(being 1 of the worlds best, I understood how hard he would be to deal with) but the same mistake happened again today and it was just something worth thinking about.

• Like 1