Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Braga Post Match

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Lucky today, Braga should have killed the game before half time.  Glad that didn't happen, the A Team changed the game, we looked like pre break team that was full of confidence.

Fofana really needs to use his intelligence, you can't lunge in and miss the tackle.  He will learn

Twice in two games he's done that and been outpaced too. Got to learn. 

Superb resilience tonight! Vardy to the rescue again! Into the last 32. Come on you foxes!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Yes, now 29000, 7th best in prem. Prize money to date 6.6m Euro’s and with minimum four more games at least, both will continue to rise. Would take about five consecutive successful seasons at least to get anywhere near the top 6. 

Would winning it get much in the way of coefficient?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would winning it get much in the way of coefficient?

Think Sevilla picked up 26000 points for winning it last season, so if we did would put us on around 50k. Think Spurs are pushing 80000 after tonight’s result. Not checked their figure. All teams points are listed on UEFA. 

• Like 1

3-3

Vardy at Fleetwood no.33

Fleetwood play in exact same colours as Braga

no.33 Luke Thomas's first goal

. . . any other 33 numerology tonight?

Good to see Zorya getting a result too. Gives Braga something to go up against.

Well done all those on here saying Braga score first, score draw in the pre-match. Defence looked patched up but attackers looked good on paper. I never win over gambling, so probably shouldn't bet incase I jinx everyone else :sweating:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

My 5 week old daughter didn't enjoy that Vardy equaliser.

Thoroughly deserved that, Braga are a good side and although we weren't at our best we were a danger in that 2nd half. 

I do like James Justin as an attacking centre back but I think there are times in this system where we will get exposed, likewise Fofana came on and was immense going forward but made the poor mistake of not clattering the ball and player on the sideline for their 3rd goal. 

Maddison and Tielemans changed the game for us, both looked intent on getting us qualified and that's good to see. Both were muck at the weekend and with how bad Praet was tonight they have to start vs Fulham.

Great finish from Barnes, absolutely buzzing for Thomas who was solid going forward and didn't have an easy night with Evans twice putting him in the shit positionally. Kasper was excellent and then frustrating with his erratic distribution, but that's nothing new. 

Biggest disappointment of the night bar some suspect positioning was Ünder, almost wish he'd not started and then got to come on with Maddison and Vardy when the game was more in our control and we created space. 

I'm slightly worried that Ünder may be better coming off the bench rather than starting. However, I really want to see him on the pitch with Maddison, Youri and Vards more often, as that could be very exciting as we saw at Leeds. Throw in Barnes, Ric and Timmy too and we will look amazing. Counting down the days till we can field our strongest team.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Think Sevilla picked up 26000 points for winning it last season, so if we did would put us on around 50k. Think Spurs are pushing 80000 after tonight’s result. Not checked their figure. All teams points are listed on UEFA. 

Arent we losing our coefficient from 16/17 next year as it's on a 5 year cycle?

If we persist with a back five I’ll probably only like it with Ricardo Fofana Evans Soyunco Castagne... but then I’ll really like it.

Or if by the end of this tournament we can go:

Ricardo Fofana Soyunco Castagne

Ndidi

Under Maddison Tielemans Barnes 

Vardy

We’ve a plausible shot of getting to the final.

We simply won’t get away though with the back five we played today in the later stages.

They are young and need experience I know but they are not all ready yet and really in ideal circumstances would be getting 15-20 mins and being bled in gradually with our starting players around them.

Fair play to Brendan to managing the injuries like he has and still getting performances.

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Arent we losing our coefficient from 16/17 next year as it's on a 5 year cycle?

Not 100% sure, but think we lose it the following season. It’s on a five year cycle, but appears to be five full previous years plus the current year, if that makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

We simply won’t get away though with the back five we played today in the later stages.

They are young and need experience I know but they are not all ready yet and really in ideal circumstances would be getting 15-20 mins and being bled in gradually with our starting players around them.

Fair play to Brendan to managing the injuries like he has and still getting performances.

Definitely true though there is a huge positive to take from this, which is that our players get on the job experience of what it's like to play in a big game! Fofana has been brilliant since he signed but today made a big blunder, but you can bet your bottom dollar the next time he has the chance to take a player out when we are in the 89th minute he sure as he will do! Leicester are the club you sign for if you are a promising young player to reach the next level because you will get games and mistakes will largely be forgiven. At Real Madrid or somewhere like that, a mistake like that would have you dropped and the fans booing you. Here you will get away with that for a few games before that happens. Sometimes you need to make a mistake in order to learn from it and improve.

Luke Thomas 19 years old, Wesley Fofana 19 years old, Hamza Choudhury and Harvey Barnes are academy graduates, James Justin an Engalnd U21 international. All got game time in a big game for us on a big stage and it will bode well for us in the future as these players continue to develop. James Justin and Luke Thomas are literally improving every match I see them play at the moment and both will be big players for us in the future, if they are not already!

But you are right in saying that if we are to win the entire thing, we will need the established stars like Vardy, Ricardo, Tielemans, Schmeichel to perform. Tonight 3 of that trio did the business for us, which bodes well for our future prospects!

• Like 4