Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Braga Post Match

16 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Youri is genuinely our most important player. Everything we do goes through him. His influence is insane.

He is very, very good !  When you are playing alongside Kevin De Bruyne and get man of the match you are top drawer.

Hopefully we can win something to convince him to stay forever.

I keep forgetting that he is only 23

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think we should rest the Fulham starting 11 against zorya. Leaving a lot of them back in England. The 7 subs can play as they need the game time and we still ideally need something then go full strength if we need something at AEK. 

We are in a good position though cause if aek win we are already champions and if Braga win we play an aek side last who have absolutely nothing to play for and will probably play the reserves. 

Agree with this 100%.

Not much fun being in Ukraine in December so I'd leave at least Kasper, Evans, Tielemans and Vardy at home to put their feet up. I'd also look at resting as many current first team players as possible. It would be nice to win the group but it's not essential and come the draw for the last 32 in a fortnight the seeded pot may look no stronger than the unseeded pot. 

We will still have plenty of chances to win the group and 1pt will probably be enough, we can certainly gamble and send the squad players over to Ukraine as there is only a small downside to losing.

Iheanacho

Under             Perez

Thomas Choudhury Praet Albrighton

Fuchs     Morgan    Justin

Ward

Good to give some of the injured lads coming back some minutes if possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Youri is genuinely our most important player. Everything we do goes through him. His influence is insane.

That's my biggest concern about this game... no one else can play that position in our squad like he can. Praet can deputise for Maddison, but he's not as good when further back. I think we need someone else in the squad that can play there, maybe it's something to think about in the summer window as Youri will be knackered at the end of this season.

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's my biggest concern about this game... no one else can play that position in our squad like he can. Praet can deputise for Maddison, but he's not as good when further back. I think we need someone else in the squad that can play there, maybe it's something to think about in the summer window as Youri will be knackered at the end of this season.

Dewsbury hall is kind of in that mold of player isnt he? Also wouldnt mind trying luke thomas in midfield to see if he could play that deep mf role as well.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's my biggest concern about this game... no one else can play that position in our squad like he can. Praet can deputise for Maddison, but he's not as good when further back. I think we need someone else in the squad that can play there, maybe it's something to think about in the summer window as Youri will be knackered at the end of this season

We could try Leshebela...hes been here long enough, hes had Good cameos, Now Deep into the season,Time to see if the guy can cut it...with some decent

Bench & game time. 15-20-30 minutes Off the bench,gives Tielemans breathing space...

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We could try Leshebela...hes been here long enough, hes had Good cameos, Now Deep into the season,Time to see if the guy can cut it...with some decent

Bench & game time. 15-20-30 minutes Off the bench,gives Tielemans breathing space...

...he is just a bit too slow in possession and is closed down too easily!!!

Given the time and space he can hurt the opposition but the pace in the Premiership is a lot faster than the U23s. The possibility that he could adapt his game to move the ball quicker could happen, if needed to be but we are never going to find out, unless we drop him into a Premiership game.

Set up Demarai's two goals recently and the run and subsequent lay-off for the first was perfect. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is just a bit too slow in possession and is closed down too easily!!!

Given the time and space he can hurt the opposition but the pace in the Premiership is a lot faster than the U23s. The possibility that he could adapt his game to move the ball quicker could happen, if needed to be but we are never going to find out, unless we drop him into a Premiership game.

Set up Demarai's two goals recently and the run and subsequent lay-off for the first was perfect. 

Some had The same thoughts on Tielemans...he like you mention & I insuated, needs gametime..First Off the bench..

I'm not saying there isnt times when the long travelling and games can be an issue, but for the most part the Europa League being this huge hindrance that kills your league form and fitness is just a poor excuse. 

I can see why it ****ed up Burnley, but that's Burnley. Especially when clubs like Man United and Arsenal complain about it. If you actually negate it well, it can be a huge bonus to be able to give players much needed game time in a major competition. Ihenacho and Thomas have got goals and assists they wouldn't have come close to getting in the league, it'll do so much for them going forward. 

**** the naysayers 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It took our first team to come on for us to look much good

Squad bang average. Nobody’s ever persuading me the likes of Iheanacho is good enough for a frequent first team spot

You are spot on there, looked awful first half. Iheanacho is just not this level. 
I really hoped he’d kick on a few years back, I was willIng him on but alas, he just doesn’t have it in him.

Edited by Ceirboy

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm not saying there isnt times when the long travelling and games can be an issue, but for the most part the Europa League being this huge hindrance that kills your league form and fitness is just a poor excuse. 

I can see why it ****ed up Burnley, but that's Burnley. Especially when clubs like Man United and Arsenal complain about it. If you actually negate it well, it can be a huge bonus to be able to give players much needed game time in a major competition. Ihenacho and Thomas have got goals and assists they wouldn't have come close to getting in the league, it'll do so much for them going forward. 

**** the naysayers 

Totally agree. 

It's  kept the whole squad in regular game time  (choudhury wouldn't  have had a sniff otherwise) ....and also it's  allowed us to build momentum.

the bad results v west ham, villa and liverpool  weren't  allowed to fester. We could get the defeats washed out if our system  quickly 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Dewsbury hall

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Dewsbury hall is kind of in that mold of player isnt he? Also wouldnt mind trying luke thomas in midfield to see if he could play that deep mf role as well.

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Tielemans is on a completely different stratosphere to those two, and they aren’t really the same type of player either. In fact in world football there aren’t many deep lying playmakers at the moment; only Thiago, Jorginho, Pjanic, Kronos, Veratti and Arthur immediately spring to mind. 

I think players like that are hard to find and even harder to develop. It’s true that even with Youri, he started off here as more of an attacking midfielder but has gradually been pushed back by Rodgers to his current role so it is possible to do that. But you need a phenomenal amount of skills plus the mental capacity to read the game to play the position. 

There’s a reason why he’s our club record signing!

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm sure in the match thread someone was slagging off Thomas and Albrighton (among others) but I'm guessing that was before Thomas scored and Albrighton set up another.

they both had a good game... Mark needed that - his school boy error allows a Liverpool cross for a goal - he wont do that again.  I always like his delivery into the box.