Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham (H) - Match Thread - 30/11/2020

Honestly, what do you even say about us? We always seem to have a ridiculous rick in us like this. Fulham who win away about once a decade, who score penalties even less frequently, turn up here it's 0-2, including a penalty, by half time.

We aren't out of this by any means, but this is just another example of Rodgers at his worst. I like Rodgers 80% of the time, but that other 20% is calamitous.

Get to that back 4 that we should've started with. We can still get these. But bloody hell - we're now very likely to drop points in a game we really shouldn't have.

• Like 2

Team is not good enough to be taking anyone lightly. Maddison needs to play better - but that was the case the 2nd of of last season.  His inconsistency is a big reason why they're not in the Champions League.

That all said, no need to panic but a sense of urgency would be nice.  Barnes & Under on.

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

Wish the five sub rule was re-implemented. I'd make five changes at half time. Horrific stuff.

Barnes and Under on for Fuchs and Praet (or Mendy). I'm not sure what Maddison offers either other than slowing the game down.

Need Maddison off so Tielemans and Praet can do their roles better.

Need Under and Barnes on but Rodgers is too conservative so that will never happen. Best we can wish for is either Barnes or Under on and he will take Praet off. Unfortunately, leaving Madders on will mean he will continue to slow the game down and take the ball away from Tielemans.

But ideally, Under and Barnes on for Fuchs or Fofana (Fofana has been bad positionally) and for Madders.

(You know it is bad when Fofana had to be playing on the wing!)

Just now, twister said:

I;d hook him for that first half lazy and crap

Barnes on at left wing go four three, under or perez the other side

Same!

He clearly has ability but he is not a central midfielder, not great wider, okay in infront of a 2. Neither is he a number 10 (ignoring his shirt number). 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Again I think it’s clear, our midfield is piss weak

We’ve got Tielemans who blows over in the wind and Mendy who’s 5ft nowt

This team is lacking a midfield general and some steel in that area.

(Cue the usual nonsense Cattermole pics) but I’m afraid it’s true.

It’s good job we’ve got Tielemans today. Saved a goal and nearest to a goal today 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Leicester havent had their strongest team available since like Feb so i really dont know what youre on about. 

Think you ought to go back to LCFC school and do your homework 

8 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

you guys are so ****ing stupid lol. start of the season its all 'we gonna have loads of games gonna have to contend with some poor results after europa league games' then when it comes, at a time when half our defence is injured you go into meltdown. In a game where the opposition have barely made a real in play chance, have two goals and ones a pen. youre all so ****ing reactive.

This. Some of the knee-jerkers on here make cry... laughing. Same people by and large, that praise BR to the rafters when we win, then turn on him and use all kinds of offensive rhetoric when we lose/struggle regardless of the opposition (Liverpool for example). We should be better tonight but let's wait and see before passing judgement.

How is Brendan solely responsible for us being ****ing terrible? The formation has been successful thus far this season. It hasn’t helped tonight admittedly but not his fault if none of the players have turned up. Midfield has been terrible yet again.

Same old story at home against team that parks the bus. Useless

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1