Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham (H) - Match Thread - 30/11/2020

Just now, TJB-fox said:

This meltdown is hilarious.

Imagine if we lose.lol

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Don't see it as a 5 at the back either. It’s 3 centre halves with two wing backs who you’d expect to be high and wide. 

This appears to have escaped the attention of many. 

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Genuine question - how did we line up against Southampton when we absolutely spanked them?

Schmeichel

Pereira

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez

tielemans 

maddison

barnes

Vardy

off the top of my head

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's getting to the point on here where you can't discuss anything without being labelled a moaner or Brendan out. It's a pre match thread where we've just been given the lineups, what else do you want us to talk about? 

Agree 100%. This place is as bad as I can remember it. Shouldn't be too surprised that this culture of shutting down debate has reached here though as it's the in thing to do nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not sure it's that, though. It's that people are so ready to get riled up over the slightest thing. I'm sure most would agree that BR gets things wrong, but our league position suggests less so than most.

But that's not my point. Our league position shouldn't mean that we can no longer question lineups, formations, play style etc. 

I'm just not a fan of the mockery that some people receive if they dare to challenge anything our manager does

I concede I appear to be in the minority on this matter

Edited by foxfanazer

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Imagine if we lose.lol

This appears to have escaped the attention of many. 

Bizarre isn’t it mate. The formation he’s picked allows us to play to our current strengths and downplay our weaknesses, with the players we have available at the moment, simple as that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

This meltdown is hilarious. Hardly like Brendan’s picked 8-1-1 or something unexpected. It’s the formation that has served us pretty well this season, what did people expect? 

Don't see it as a 5 at the back either. It’s 3 centre halves with two wing backs who you’d expect to be high and wide. 

Distinct difference between the formation and the personnel isn't there? Wingers score and create goals, central midfielders not so much and our ones have very little pace. Thomas and Justin aren't blessed for pace either so this whole set up is based around those horrible little flicks round the corners to Vardy that Dennis Praet keeps ballsing up. 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

The banned 4-1-4-1 with attacking full back and wingers

You mean the formation that we can't reliably play right now until Söyüncü, Castagne, Ricardo and Wilf are all available - and we will again revert to? (Not meaning to be harsh on Mendy, he has significantly stepped up). 

Also the formation that spectacularly tailspun in the second half of last season? 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

But that's not my point. Our league position shouldn't mean that we can no longer question lineups, formations, play style etc. 

I'm just not a fan of the mockery that some people receive if they dare to challenge anything our manager does

But I'm sure you'd agree there's a chasmic difference between questioning the line-ups, and outright angrily dismissing them? I'm not mocking the point of view, I'm mocking the righteous indignation of it before a ball has been kicked :) 

36 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Think Justin and Thomas will be playing high up, more like a 3-1-4-1-1. Let's see how it goes before the major overreaction.

True but personally I would prefer wingers who can create and beat their man high up the pitch rather than our reserve full backs. 

• Like 2