Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham (H) - Match Thread - 30/11/2020

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gary Neville said on Sky that Leicester "can't win the Premier League" this season.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

He also said Man U will be up there

He isn't wrong, with European competitions too our squad won't be good enough to win the EPL.

Lets also not underestimate United again, they will be either in the top 4 or very close come the end of the season. Plenty were rooting for Man City and United vs. Liverpool last season because they were more worried about going for the title than they were securing top 4, look how that turned out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Distinct difference between the formation and the personnel isn't there? Wingers score and create goals, central midfielders not so much and our ones have very little pace. Thomas and Justin aren't blessed for pace either so this whole set up is based around those horrible little flicks round the corners to Vardy that Dennis Praet keeps ballsing up. 

One would assume that Fulham will be camped in their own half for 90mins so I assume brendan has gone for technical ability in midfield rather than pace. In all honesty the formations and players we use are so fluid that our style of play won't be massively affected if its a 5 at the back or 3 or 4. 

I am actually gutted we are bothering playing a keeper.  I would prefer 0-0-10-1.

Fulham are actually a much better Team than many on here are given them credit for. 

This will be a very tough evening, especially enduring the Match Thread.

They gave West Ham a very tough game recently, the same lot that took us to cleaners a few weeks back.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

The banned 4-1-4-1 with attacking full back and wingers

I had to laugh at "banned" as it does feel that way this season!

But one note, both our full backs from the 9-0 win aren't available today. One was sold to Chelsea, and both his replacement and arguably the league's best right back aren't available today. Maybe Rodgers doesn't trust 19 year old Luke Thomas and 22 year old James Justin to play those roles regularly just yet? We generally look more stable defensively with the back 5, which might be his preference till those players get back to match fitness? I think it would explain a lot given this season's approach so far.

Would like to see us play a 4-3-3, certainly think it will be more attacking than this. Slightly disappointed we haven’t put a more attacking side out... can’t help but feel that they are there for the taking, and we all know they will probably end up shit house of a 0-1 defeat because we’ve not had a go at arguably the second worse back four in the league. 

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not sure why there's such a meltdown, we've been playing this way for most of our games this season and are near the top of the table and qualified for the next round in Europe. 

We are expecting a deep block where you need to play between the lines rather than go wide, hence using all of our technician players in Praet, Tielemans and Maddison. We still have plenty of options on the bench to change it up if we need to.

We now have 9 games in 29 days (!), and will often have to come up with creative solutions to the games ahead and rotate the team a lot. I personally prefer 4141 at home too, but look how well we've doing with the system to date! No need to fix something that isn't broken. 

COYB :scarf:

People are forgetting that we have plenty of injuries forced on us too...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

True but personally I would prefer wingers who can create and beat their man high up the pitch rather than our reserve full backs. 

Swings and roundabouts. Rather than out and out wingers high up the pitch we'll have Thomas and Justin on the outside of Praet and Maddison. Hardly inadequate. If we lined up with a 433 that many are clamouring for it would likely be Thomas and Justin overlapping Barnes/ Under and Maddison. 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He isn't wrong, with European competitions too our squad won't be good enough to win the EPL.

Lets also not underestimate United again, they will be either in the top 4 or very close come the end of the season. Plenty were rooting for Man City and United vs. Liverpool last season because they were more worried about going for the title than they were securing top 4, look how that turned out.

Agree. Had we have beat Everton and Southampton  away these last couple of games - as man u have done - we'd be bouncing ...

Man U are sure to be in the mix. And they've  not even clicked yet

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's getting to the point on here where you can't discuss anything without being labelled a moaner or Brendan out. It's a pre match thread where we've just been given the lineups, what else do you want us to talk about? 

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Agree 100%. This place is as bad as I can remember it. Shouldn't be too surprised that this culture of shutting down debate has reached here though as it's the in thing to do nowadays.

There's debate and there's just outright unwarranted criticism. Some members do it fine, others will just take the piss with constant criticism even when things turn out to work :dunno:

Looking back on the thread, there's been a mix of debate and shutting down. On both sides. It's not just one side to the other. 

I think some people just need to be less dramatic and trust that people at the club know what they're doing. I mean, it's not like we're failing as a club right now... 

If and when we go 1-0 down due to a soft set piece or cross and we don't have a single shot on target from open play until we make our customary subs after 60 mins then I don't want to read any moaning from anyone who doesn't feel sick by the sight of the team sheet.

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

This appears to have escaped the attention of many. 

It’s Fulham, play with full backs pushing on and wingers!

Its not like it’s Castagne and Ricardo their either. Those two are just about wingers, Justin and Thomas being the creative output is a worry if they are mean to be pushing high and wide.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If and when we go 1-0 down due to a soft set piece or cross and we don't have a single shot on target from open play until we make our customary subs after 60 mins then I don't want to read any moaning from anyone who doesn't feel sick by the sight of the team sheet.

I'll moan constructively thank you very much! 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

But one note, both our full backs from the 9-0 win aren't available today. One was sold to Chelsea, and both his replacement and arguably the league's best right back aren't available today. Maybe Rodgers doesn't trust 19 year old Luke Thomas and 22 year old James Justin to play those roles regularly just yet? We generally look more stable defensively with the back 5, which might be his preference till those players get back to match fitness? I think it would explain a lot given this season's approach so far.

We've conceded 6 in the last two games?

I'd be more happy though if we had attackers behind Vardy, pushing central midfielders up who end up in wide positions is not creative.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

People are forgetting that we have plenty of injuries forced on us too...

Exactly, which is a big deal.

I can totally understand why people want to see 4141 instead, personally I would go that way too. But I think that not having Ricardo or Castagne is the reason why he doesn't do it. JJ, Thomas, Fuchs have all done brilliantly when selected, Albrighton a bit hit and miss, but it's like between that set of players we make up for what peak Ricardo and Chilwell did for us last season. We are also missing Ndidi who I would argue is the reason we can get away with playing just one central pivot when we play that way.