Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham (H) - Match Thread - 30/11/2020

Just now, Paninistickers said:

No complaints. I don't  mean it nastily, but I'll just be  glad when Thomas is nowhere near the first team for now. 

I.like having elite players all over the place and right now, he's understandably not at that point

Bottom placed fulham isn’t the time to bed in a youngster

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Well we could do with someone who can open them up, why Rodgers or fans on here think Praet can create openings whilst attempting to play an advanced position is beyond me

Probably because he's regularly played well this season I reckon.

Just now, Finn Claw II said:

Hopefully Justin and Thomas will push right up creating space in the middle.

would rather 4 at the back. 

I'm pretty confident that this will be the preferred and default defensive formation once both Castagne and Ricardo are at Brendan's disposal. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

And we're currently about 3 hours away from potentially being top of the league having qualified from our Europe group. All without 4/5 of our best players.

Perspective required I reckon.

The two aren't mutually exclusive with this team selection tonight. This is even more negative than vs Man City and Liverpool away. We are at HOME. If you can't see the potential concern then fair play to you but I suggest a panic button on a necklace as you might be in for a spot of bother.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

And we're currently about 3 hours away from potentially being top of the league having qualified from our Europe group. All without 4/5 of our best players.

3 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

It is worth noting that a win and we are joint top so not all doom and gloom

GET YOUR POSITIVITY AND PERSPECTIVE OFF FOXES TALK !!!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 at the back probably covers for the fact that Evans still isn't fully fit/still struggling with an issue - Rodgers has said he would always start an 80% fit Evans

He probably feels like we can't start Evans in a 2 if he is still got a bit of a problem, and then if he did want to start with a 2 the only other options currently are Fuchs and Morgan, as I doubt Justin would be as comfortable in a 2 with Fofana either

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive with this team selection tonight. This is even more negative than vs Man City and Liverpool away. We are at HOME. If you can't see the potential concern then fair play to you but I suggest a panic button on a necklace as you might be in for a spot of bother.

Calm down Ric.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Right, please can I apologise for arguing aboit 3 at the back earlier. That team selection is a fcukin abomination. I understood it vs Wolves, this is absolute madness.

I genuinely don't know what's gone wrong with him.

He's gone through his whole career being a fan of possession based attacking football, he gets one whiff of success parking the bus at the Etihad and now he's ****ing Tony Pulis. 

The man is a smart coach, he understands the game, he's got to know that you break teams down by stretching play, getting round and behind teams, playing at pace, with width. 

It's a complete and total myth that more passing midfielders = more creativity. That's the sort of nonsense that twelve year olds on here believe. 

You need a balanced team to be successful, five defenders and four centre midfielders isn't balance its abhorrent. 

These are so shit that we'll probably win anyway and everyone will be tripping over themselves to pretend it's tactical genius but it isn't, it's utterly abject. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's a fair point  and most wont have any issues playing this way away or against the big boys but it does look a bit negative at home to Fulham. we are not privy to his tactics though so it could be a tactical masterclass. Or it could be a crock of shit and we draw 0-0 or lose 1-0. Rodgers sees the players in training every day and knows the strengths and weaknesses of his players but Evans really doesnt look comfortable in a back 3. We shall see though 

So it looks like 5-3-2 does it? Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. 
What matters is how the players are told to play, within a system, not the system it is assumed to be