Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham H Post Match Thread

One thing that bothers me is that the players barely passed to Praet or Thomas first half, so we effectively were playing with 9 men. This might be positional bad play by those two, I accept. 

I'm not getting into further formation debate, because it's futile when the players are that bad that no formation would have helped. I accept we looked 'better' 2nd half, but we were bound to have more ball at two down. And even then they could have scored more. 

• Like 1

Vardy, Fuchs, Fofana inexcusably bad when usually so reliable.

3 at the back should only be done against the stronger teams where we get overloaded. 

Barnes and Under have to start in our strongest set up, and the sooner Riccy and Castagne get back the better, as much as I like JJ.

• Like 1

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

Fully fit? He's been turning out the same dross for 2/3rds of his Leicester career. We just buzz of the fact he can do a step over and is meant to resemble something like the talent that Mahrez used to have. 

So drop him put him in u23s until he realises his performance was piss poor

Also, our corners take the absolute piss for Premier League level. First man, first man, long and out for a throw in, first man. It's mindblowing. Put into an area where we can actually attack it.

94th minute, losing by 1 goal,  goalkeeper forward - what do we do? Into the first man AGAIN! And then we nearly concede on the break. Jesus wept.

• Like 2

Players looking off it today regardless of what Brendans masterplan was. Boys looked looked lie their boots were full of sand and what's up with the crappy weather in Leicester? Didn't we all say we needed to start this game on the front foot and put them under pressure? Even If Foffana finishes his chance we still looked like we were missing some zip. Need N'didi, Ricky and Timmy back asap now before this malaise sets in and we start to slide. Slightly worried but cautiously optimistic. Great chance missed to go joint top. 

1 minute ago, glenparva boy said:

He seems very good at the facial grooming but lacks a bit of accuracy when it comes to passing the ball forward.  Everything is at a "look at me, aren't I great?" sort of pace.  Compare and contrast Jack Grealish who, despite his cheating antics re free kicks, does actually run his guts out for the Villa.

Exactly this, the fact that there was even a debate over whether Maddison or Grealish should be competing for that England shirt is laughable. He's technically gifted but his actual work ethic/desire to run through brick walls for the team and ability to impact games is minimal.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

One thing that bothers me is that the players barely passed to Praet or Thomas first half, so we effectively were playing with 9 men. This might be positional bad play by those two, I accept. 

I'm not getting into further formation debate, because it's futile when the players are that bad that no formation would have helped. I accept we looked 'better' 2nd half, but we were bound to have more ball at two down. And even then they could have scored more. 

no need for Fuschs to play tonight he could have switched the formation around which would have allowed a more attacking player to come in, its a bad pick 

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Last minute of the game and our corner doesn’t beat the first man lol 

**** me there’s got to be a better corner take than Maddison surely lol 

Maddison didn’t take that corner, Maddison’s performance was gutless and blame him for a few things tonight but he can’t be blamed for that corner

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Lay off - I've said in the match thread that the players should take their portion of the blame - but set up like that and you're bringing it on yourself as the manager.

Apologies for not following your every post. I half agree with you but at the end of the day in theory, majority of the game it would’ve been a 3 at the back, with 4 in midfield including 2 high/wide wingers, then 2 then 1. We still had Maddison Praet Tielemans Vardy on the pitch to start with in offensive areas, with Thomas and Justin noticeably high early on. 

The football was totally stagnant and the formation will take a lot of flak tonight, but with the players we have in our starting XI these days it shouldn’t matter if we play 352 or 433 or 442 or 343 our football should be quality and more importantly, fluid. Formations aren’t the be-all end all. The fact that our entire starting XI performed to 3/10 was the reason we lost. 

• Like 1

Might as well copy and paste from the vast majority of home games In the last few years. Slow, ponderous, easy to play against, putting all our eggs in the Vardy scoring basket etc. 

Barnes looked like a competition winner until he somehow scored out of nothing, Mendy started the season great but has been shown up when players run off him, makeshift defence worked for a bit but now it looks like one missing 3 of its first choice. Fuchs was ok for a bit but has been found out massively now unfortunately, he should've been off at half time. 

I think we were surprised by the men Fulham put forward in the first half, gave them confidence and let them defend with ease. 

We just might as well not bother at home. 

Under only one who looked like creating anything. Maddison has looked a different player in Europe where he is given a bit of time. Vardy offered nothing in general play as always at home. 

We'll probably get bullied at Sheffield United. Noone gets Thursday off now, they can all freeze their bollocks off in the arse end of nowhere.

Rodgers is blamed for selection and mindset of the players. But players have to take their share of the blame too for being incredibly shit.

• Like 1

It wasn't solely down to formation and team selection so many players were off their game with pitiful passing. Fofana, Evans and Fuchs were probably the worse but they were all culpable. Embarrassingly bad.

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Brendan announces our new signing to save the day

Brendan Rodgers was on hand to turn the Lennoxtown Christmas lights on

Santa to Brendan “No Brendan I can’t give you the league this season you need to play decent football and last two games buddy you were crap, you need to sort your shit out first lad you ain’t in a shity easy Scottish league now son !!”😂😜

12 minutes ago, vanity said:

In all seriousness, this team is too finesse-oriented. We need more toughness. I had hoped we had found some of that after last season's collapse, but then we play matches like this where we get face-fuched by bad sides because we are soft and do not match their energy and desire. We used to have that most weeks, we had a bunch of scrappers, though they lacked this side's talent. Now we are like Arsenal-lite -- capable of pretty football on our day but soft AF if the other side are physical and force us to fight. Which is why we can handle a finesse-oriented Man City team, and then look like absolute dogshite against a team like Liverpool.

These are the games that will cost us CL in the end. Not losses to Liverpool, but losses to relegation fodder like f'ing Fulham.

We have a bit more steel if Wilf comes back.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

We must be one of the few teams that sets up to effectively take our own players out of the game. It was almost like playing with 9 in the first half with Praet and Thomas so wide, they were largely spectators. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 minute ago, davieG said:

It wasn't solely down to formation and team selection so many players were off their game with pitiful passing. Fofana, Evans and Fuchs were probably the worse but they were all culpable. Embarrassingly bad.

Fuchs didn;'t play well but at least he tried

My issue is with a sheer lack of full effort from some, unacceptable.

13 minutes ago, Frost said:

James Maddison is sh*t.

Can someone please dispute this instead of liking it? I'd rather waste my evening arguing the toss on how bad Maddison is than think about that performance. Waited all weekend for that to destroy the start of my working week. F**k my life what an inept performance that was. If I was in my 50s I reckon my blood pressure currently might actually kill me.