Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham H Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Would not play him  from the start against sheff utd seems to do more when he comes on as sub I wonder if he is fully fit but has been very poor but so have them all

Fully fit? He's been turning out the same dross for 2/3rds of his Leicester career. We just buzz of the fact he can do a step over and is meant to resemble something like the talent that Mahrez used to have. 

Bad from the start. Set up is Southgate levels of negativity. I get that the 5 (might) work at the back with attacking fullbacks, but JJ and Thomas arnt cut out for the roles. Also, why wait until half time for the changes, it clearly wasn't working and we were two down. Almost like he won't make a change early out of politeness. 

It's unusual to see so many sloppy performances at the same time. Vardy's touch was gone, Wes and Evans were just off it and the less said about Fuchs the better. As someone said in the match thread though, he's an aged LB playing CB in a three so go figure. 

I'm not sticking the knife into Madders for this, but Youri plays so much better when he's not in the side. I'd take Youri of Madders all week. Sometimes not playing your "best 11(use the term loosely after that" is the stronger team. 

Similar to last week though as its an easy analysis. We were set up badly and individually we were rubbish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

It was like we were back in the championship and is there any point in us getting corners, it's just a waste of time with Maddison, we might as well get someone else to take them 

5 minutes left and Maddison ambles to take the corner as though we were winning 6 nil. They had more tempo, intensity, ideas, Unfortunately this result is not a surprise

6 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

No coincidence we haven't been anywhere near our best since Maddison is back in the team. Slows everything down and his decision making is only in his best interests.

He seems very good at the facial grooming but lacks a bit of accuracy when it comes to passing the ball forward.  Everything is at a "look at me, aren't I great?" sort of pace.  Compare and contrast Jack Grealish who, despite his cheating antics re free kicks, does actually run his guts out for the Villa.

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

did anyone from Leicester actually play well? I don’t get Brendans approach, 3 home defeats against beatable sides doesn’t add up. No one on the pitch could turn that around. I think Europa League Championship level quality has allowed players to believe they’re top quality 

Thought Youri and mendy weren’t that bad really, had fair games 

Can somebody explain to me how we continue to fall in to this trap?

Every single time a lowly team sets up defensively against us, we revert to ponderous, mechanical football played at a walking pace.

We don’t use pace and width to get them working and instead our contented to play in front of them for as long as it takes for one of our ineffectual wayward passes to leave us open to a counter attack.

It’s a cut and paste job for every single one of these types of games under Rodgers. He must know that we have a poor track record in creating against sides that sit in so why the hell have we started with five defenders at home to a side who will do well to finish 19th this season?

Obviously supporting Leicester is an absolute pleasure most of the time but the sheer idiocy that causes most of our defeats is so agonisingly infuriating, surely I’m not the only one?

• Like 1

They were always gonna hit us on counter attack, of course they were! Fofana played like a 19 yr old tonight, his move to the ball completely allowed a very easy basic simple ball to penetrate us and their player to was one on one.

We can’t lose games like that we’re the oppo are playing like a honest hardworking team, yea they defended well but what did they really do to score 2 goals. Embarrassing defensive performance!

Just now, Zear0 said:

Bad from the start. Set up is Southgate levels of negativity. I get that the 5 (might) work at the back with attacking fullbacks, but JJ and Thomas arnt cut out for the roles. Also, why wait until half time for the changes, it clearly wasn't working and we were two down. Almost like he won't make a change early out of politeness. 

It's unusual to see so many sloppy performances at the same time. Vardy's touch was gone, Wes and Evans were just off it and the less said about Fuchs the better. As someone said in the match thread though, he's an aged LB playing CB in a three so go figure. 

I'm not sticking the knife into Madders for this, but Youri plays so much better when he's not in the side. I'd take Youri of Madders all week. Sometimes not playing your "best 11(use the term loosely after that" is the stronger team. 

Similar to last week though as its an easy analysis. We were set up badly and individually we were rubbish.

Maddison needs to get his head down and stop bitching for free kicks and showing he is a footballer

Becuase that was crap tonight, does he even work on his long range shooting ward prowse bangs every one of his in the top bin and he's smashing them over the ball most of the time

Late on as well everyone playing as individuals it was the end last season all over again

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, twister said:

If you have a great dressing room you don;t get half arsed performences like that

For me Maddison needs benching for a bit that was horrific ponced about blasted a few over the bar showed zero energy , the lad didn't even ****ing start on thursday. Does he live the life properly.

Late on what the **** is justin doing first wacking a shot 10 yards over then that miss.

Under at least showed some energy, the rest can go **** themselfs for that. have to be miles better.

The players stepped on to that pitch and they thought they had already won the match!