Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fulham H Post Match Thread

Just now, twister said:

Fuchs didn;'t play well but at least he tried

My issue is with a sheer lack of full effort from some, unacceptable.

Effort's a waste if you keep giving the ball away just means you need to exert more effort to win it back again.

We made that so easy for Fulham, that's what I can't take. 

If teams get in front they're happy for us to play in front of them and for us to have the ball. It's also alarming to see that teams are very happy to concede set pieces against us as that is as good as a turnover. I know I moan about it every week but you look at our wage ball and you'd think there would be someone who can deliver a half decent set piece but obviously not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Need to confront the fact that Vardy offers absolutely nothing in these games.

When the manager sets up with no wingers at home against a team in the bottom 3, I am not sure any striker would do much. The real issue is when the middle of the park us ineffective we have nothing other than boring sideways ponderous passing. Maddison was atrocious, we cant even created a half chance from a corner as we dont even put the ball in the box.

From front to back awful, I would drop Evans as soon as possible. 

18 minutes ago, Manini said:

When do we start to ask serious questions then? How many times has this got to happen? 

Probably when we have a full strength squad back?

still playing with half the first team out and having to play emergency backup and youth team players 3 times a week.

Ndidi

Richardo

Soyuncu

castigna 

all still out (spelling excuses pls)

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

It wasn't solely down to formation and team selection so many players were off their game with pitiful passing. Fofana, Evans and Fuchs were probably the worse but they were all culpable. Embarrassingly bad.

but WHY are we playing a gameplan against ****ing fulham where their passing in particular really matters !

Here we go again. BR has never been versatile with his game plan. He's got one size dress and he hopes that it fits everyday. No matter who we played against Liverpool, Man City or West Bromwich.

I was standing firm when many people declaring him semi God many months ago and his incompetency and lack of reading games and limited tactic ability surfaced at the back end of the last season with the dismal run.

We have the flour, eggs, sugar but the chef in charge is bloody suck and can't come up with the decent cake.

Never rated him highly and never will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Apologies for not following your every post. I half agree with you but at the end of the day in theory, majority of the game it would’ve been a 3 at the back, with 4 in midfield including 2 high/wide wingers, then 2 then 1. We still had Maddison Praet Tielemans Vardy on the pitch to start with in offensive areas, with Thomas and Justin noticeably high early on. 

The football was totally stagnant and the formation will take a lot of flak tonight, but with the players we have in our starting XI these days it shouldn’t matter if we play 352 or 433 or 442 or 343 our football should be quality and more importantly, fluid. Formations aren’t the be-all end all. The fact that our entire starting XI performed to 3/10 was the reason we lost. 

Again - I agree the players were shitearses tonight but the set-up was quite clearly fundamentally wrong for this sort of game - we needed to be on the front foot and relying on Justin and Thomas for the lion's share of our attacking width in a game we should be looking to dominate from the outset is criminal. That's not a slight on the pair of them, but against a Fulham side who were always going to be difficult to play through, we needed more invention, more presence, and, crucially, more pace, in wide areas. 

Setting up with 5 at the back when you barely have the bodies to play it in the first instance in baffling, more so against a side where you shouldn't be absorbing pressure, you should be applying it.

That's why, for me, the manager has to take a share of the blame. Is that alright with you?

Not a crisis but in this and the Liverpool game, the opposition seemed to want it more; were quicker to the ball; were more aggressive in the tackle. Maybe time for a harsh word and reality check. We need to tackle teams like Liverpool head on and not go in there with an inferiority complex, and equally not take the Fulhams of this world for granted. And......4; 4; ****ing 2 to quote Harry Bassett!

1 minute ago, ParkerPen said:

but WHY are we playing a gameplan against ****ing fulham where their passing in particular really matters !

All the players he picked are capable of playing better, the passing from almost everyone was appalling, even Vardy couldn't control the ball, no matter what formation he chose and it was probably the wrong one if the players are simply crap then don't expect to come away with a win. 

• Like 1