Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Post match thread 2-1 win

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

If you can't celebrate a last minute winner from the team you support I suggest football might not be the game for you!

Although they have only 1 point no team has hammered them Normally below our best we lose so  this was a good sign and to say we were lucky when Kaspar didnt make a good save and we hit the post twice and one incredible save meant it could have been 5 is perverse to say the least

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I bet Wilder must be seething that his defender didn't bring Vardy down in the run up to the goal

..he was seething regarding the errors and poor decisions leading to the goal!!!

Very informative interview and it is clear he is under pressure, failing to stop the same repetitive errors, dragging down his team.

A frank and honest talk, a good insight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Guaranteed red card but when your clubs sitting on 1 point in the league and you have a chance to double that tally I'd say its a no brainer

...if he had made the professional foul, they would lose him for three games!!!

Perhaps those three games could net 9 points with him being the provider.

Swings and roundabouts. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he had made the professional foul, they would lose him for three games!!!

Perhaps those three games could net 9 points with him being the provider.

Swings and roundabouts. 

3 game bans are for violent conduct only aren't they? 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Any game is winnable. But to go into a game at this level expecting to win is the very definition of entitlement imo.

Disagree. I fully expected us to beat Fulham and Sheffield United and I’m disappointed with 3 points from those two fixtures. That’s not entitlement that’s realistic. We have much the better squad and manager. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, foxaholic said:

Although they have only 1 point no team has hammered them Normally below our best we lose so  this was a good sign and to say we were lucky when Kaspar didnt make a good save and we hit the post twice and one incredible save meant it could have been 5 is perverse to say the least

A great win in it's nature but I don't know what's happened to Sheffield United this season, after last. Were they just a novelty/unknown quantity last season who were hard to play against but who have since been sussed out this time around or are they simply a pale reflection of the team from last season? Maybe they're one of the teams really missing their home support?? Either that or perhaps they're simply experiencing second season syndrome blues....can't see them staying up....nor WBA.....

A win’s a win as others have said, but pretty ugly really. Didn’t think we were bad, and over the whole match deserved the win, but don’t look anything like a top 4 side. Such a plodding style most of the time.

Still have high hopes for the second half of the season when hopefully we can get the whole band together.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The man has form. It annoys me that I have him blocked yet can see the rubbish he writes when he does appear.

Oh God- I’d forgotten all about you and your insights into my view of Leicester City Football Club.

Will someone copy and paste this wave 👋 to HPF please? 

41 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im gobsmacked.

Did i watch the same game as all the negatives here? 

We absolutely dominated them for 80% of the match, had a half a dozen great chances and they fluked a goal. We were smooth and controlled in possession, moved the ball well and quickly into attack.

Deserved to win and did. All with still 3 off our first choice out.

The comments in this match and prematch have demonstrated the worst in city fans, many of whom it seems have become privileged in the style of Spurs and Liverpool.

What a fvcking team we have.

If you think possession is all that matters, then you could argue we dominated, the way I look at it though is what you do with it, how many mins of possession did we need per shot on goal e.g.?

What I will acknowledge though we certainly had a better game than vs fulham.

My summary would be we dominated the ball early on, but as the game progressed sheff utd started to find their way, and in the end a draw would have been a fair result.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Had the better of the game, despite being a bit ponderous and slow on the ball again. A win's a win.

I was slightly baffled by the line-up again, and even more so by the bizarre double substitution.

I do think we will improve massively with Ricardo and Castagne in the team, especially if we stick with 5 at the back.

I'm also wondering whether Mendy, after some promising performances, has now regressed to the mean.

What an odd post!  You wonder if Mendy has regressed, but you're puzzled when he is replaced by a quality player like N'didi....

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Guaranteed red card but when your clubs sitting on 1 point in the league and you have a chance to double that tally I'd say its a no brainer

he should have done a fuchs no doubt, always a chance the ref gets it wrong, no penalty, no foul, no red, and even if it happens if we dont score, they gained a point.

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If you think possession is all that matters, then you could argue we dominated, the way I look at it though is what you do with it, how many mins of possession did we need per shot on goal e.g.?

What I will acknowledge though we certainly had a better game than vs fulham.

My summary would be we dominated the ball early on, but as the game progressed sheff utd started to find their way, and in the end a draw would have been a fair result.

We created a chance every 7 minutes on goal. 

We hit the post twice. They were lucky to be going in at half time with 11 men on the pitch. We dominated that game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

We hit the post twice. They were lucky to be going in at half time with 11 men on the pitch. We dominated that game. 

I started watching at around 20 minutes, it seemed a lot longer than 7 minutes per chance, but if thats what the stats say i accept it.

13 shots, 4 on target.  So shots at goal fair enough, on goal? every 23 minutes.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There were so many of us who thought we'd lose today, so why then are so many annoyed that we won a hard fought game where we had the better chances? Is it purely because of the team selection? I'd not have started that team but Perez was an inspired pick as he was very good vs them home and away last season which most wouldn't have even considered. He is much more dangerous centrally with 3 at the back.

It was a 6/7 out of 10 performance and we got the win we needed badly. We move on and look to build up a bit of form again. 3rd in the league and a win on Thursday against a disinterested AEK and we are surely in a position few would have predicted given our injuries and capitulation last season? 

7/7 in generous - yet the individual performance weren't the problem - it was the lack of attacking players - and when the sub came it wasn't Barnes or under ... it was nacho ( I like him, but we needed pace).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

100% agree. They had 1 shot on target!

10 hours ago, splinterdream said:

How long has nacho got left on his contract? Is it possible us not renewing it means he's moving on, because he's really not very good is he, and I think he's getting worse. He nearly prevented the through ball by falling over again which he did quite a bit on Thursday, he must be wearing short studs 

A poor striker is better than no striker, if we let him go he deffo needs replacing.

The problem we seem to have is we want to start our most talented players (at least on paper) rather than starting a team with the right positions been played.

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I absolutely fackin lovebwins like that.

Better than the complete bum rpe of Leeds.

Something sooo satisfying about being about 6/10 and then inflicting late agony on a desperate opponent. 

I hope for something similar against Spurs : compare and contrast Moaninho response to Wilder’s