Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Post match thread 2-1 win

Two winnable games coming up at home in the league. Would like to see us move away from this style now even after today's win. Yes we stumbled over the line but it still wasn't convincing. Also can we please work on these set pieces at both ends as it's costing us so much and will continue to do so

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Two winnable games coming up at home in the league. Would like to see us move away from this style now even after today's win. Yes we stumbled over the line but it still wasn't convincing. Also can we please work on these set pieces at both ends as it's costing us so much and will continue to do so

I just love these winnable home games

When to we get to play Villa, W Ham and Fulham? 

😉😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers happy to put boot into Rangers ahead of  first Old Firm of new season

• Haha 3

Had some time to enjoy it ....really love a last minute winner! Reminded me of Everton at home last season. 

I moaned my way through the game and I'm happy to be eating humble pie!! 

Some interesting games coming up.....Brighton at home is a chance to put right some poor home performances. 

Today's result shouldn't change the fact that we are terrible at corners (both ends of the pitch) and Maddison was lucky not to get hooked. 

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I realise there's not much room for sentiment in top-flight football, but I hope that Chris Wilder turns it around for his club.

He seems to be a real honest manager - none of the usual cliche bullshit.  

Yeah he’s great

How long has nacho got left on his contract? Is it possible us not renewing it means he's moving on, because he's really not very good is he, and I think he's getting worse. He nearly prevented the through ball by falling over again which he did quite a bit on Thursday, he must be wearing short studs 

Soooo relieved more than anything to get a win. I would have taken any half assed scrappy tap in but vardy’s Goal was classic.

can’t believe Vardy and madders both hit the same spot on the goal post earlier! What’s the chances? Still feel like we are not taking out chances early on in the game. We could have paid for it today against a better team.

i hope we can win our next few games convincingly and get back to playing the way we know we can. I want a shock win against Man U at Xmas. It’s well overdue 

34 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't care what others are willing to accept, I won't lower my expectations to a point where I don't see these games as winnable 

Me neither. 

But every game is winnable if you set up correctly and that's been a major concern with many of our fans about team selection. 

Obviously we're not inside the club and don't know 100% about players fitness or mental condition, which Brendan is. 

Brighton and Everton are winnable games but it doesn't always go like that, does it. 

Even last season, Everton was last gasp and Brighton should have beaten us as we were pretty hopeless 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Had some time to enjoy it ....really love a last minute winner! Reminded me of Everton at home last season. 

I moaned my way through the game and I'm happy to be eating humble pie!! 

Some interesting games coming up.....Brighton at home is a chance to put right some poor home performances. 

Today's result shouldn't change the fact that we are terrible at corners (both ends of the pitch) and Maddison was lucky not to get hooked. 

If he had been hooked...he wouldnt have got the assist for Vardy.....So your Football manager Days are fooked..!!  :D

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

On another note, really disappointed in Brewster's cameo. Was caught offside everytime he received the ball pretty much, shouldn't be the case. His move to Sheffield isn't working out so far. 

Might have come from Liverpool's academy but he's still largely unproven at this level to warrant the fee. Think Sheffield United will rue not going for experience in someone like Troy Deeney

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Absolutely no game on gods earth is WINNABLE involving Lcfc