Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Post match thread 2-1 win

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t post in the match thread as I am watching the game. The absolute state of the posts before we equalised haha, are these guys being genuine or is it some irony I have missed as I’m watching the game? I saw a few comments slagging Brendan off cos he took off our best player Perez. I assume this is the same Perez they hated about 3 days ago.

First time I've not posted or viewed majority of the match thread as I was out and actually think it helped. Might do it more often which might also please some other posters lol

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Well Graham Potter doesn't sit in, we know that Brighton will commit players forward. I like him and I like his optimistic positive attacking football. Be interesting to see how Brendan responds. 

Jesus wept...this ****ing forum. 

Maddison has two goals and three assists (including today) in his last 25+ PL games. That's a poor return for any number 10 in this league (albeit he has played deeper on occasions). When you add in the fact he's our set-piece taker it's absolutely horrendous, he doesn't beat the first man nine times of 10.

Needs to be dropped.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Also think Brendon got selection and subs spot on. Perez came in and did really well, but it was also the right choice to bring Kelechi on, he allowed us to get further up the pitch at a time Sheff U were getting some confidence, and you leave Maddison on as he is more capable of a moment to change the match.

Not every match will be a 10/10 performance, but after a few poor results and what's looked like a lack of confidence, this could be a huge win.

Roll on Thursday.

I agree. If he hadn't and we'd have drawn the game people would have moaned, why didn't he bring on Kelechi, he clearly has no faith in him (I mean I have no faith in him but that's a different story). It was good for Ndidi to get time on the pitch as well. I think Sheffield United would have also targeted the second half knowing we'd start to feel tired after our crazy schedule (they literally had a week to focus on this one match) so I'm not entirely surprised we dropped off but happy we still contained them. 

Great result, really happy to see Perez get on the score sheet and Vardy is a legend. Gettin' Foxes!!!  

1 minute ago, Frost said:

Maddison has two goals and three assists (including today) in his last 25+ PL games. That's a poor return for any number 10 in this league (albeit he has played deeper on occasions). When you add in the fact he's our set-piece taker it's absolutely horrendous, he doesn't beat the first man nine times of 10.

Needs to be dropped.

His recent form has been poor, but I'm sorry, he's not as you say "terrible". There's a difference. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

How did we not deserve to win it?

Because in the 2nd half, at not one point did we create any meaningful or even half chance until Vardys through. We never looked like winning and it was truly smash and grab, vs one of the poorest teams in Premier league history.

Yes we played well first half and were the better team overall and to some people they will throw out ‘on balance we deserved to win the game’ but in reality that 2nd half was our same problems showing and this time we got bailed out by a bit of quality from Madders and Vards and a poor Sheffield team with a lapse of concentration.

The problems of that 2nd half should not be covered by the result or we will falter again.

• Like 1

Just now, Line-X said:

His recent form has been poor, but I'm sorry, he's not as you say "terrible". There's a difference. 

Okay, he's in a terrible run of form, or he's playing terribly, whatever way you want to put it the stats back it up - it's been over a period which equates to 2/3 of a season, not four or five games.

Both Fulham and today were arguably his worst two performances in a City shirt. Fingers crossed he can rediscover some form but it's a worry right now.

10 minutes ago, Frost said:

Needs to be dropped.  better coaching.

That's more like it.

Just now, Frost said:

Okay, he's in a terrible run of form, or he's playing terribly, whatever way you want to put it the stats back it up - it's been over a period which equates to 2/3 of a season, not four or five games.

Both Fulham and today were arguably his worst two performances in a City shirt. Fingers crossed he can rediscover some form but it's a worry right now.

It is. 

But I genuinely think it's a confidence issue right now. He needs to play, not be dropped. The lad has such huge potential, wonderful vision and a talent for reading the game which makes his recent dip in form that much more bewildering and frustrating. He had developed such an understanding and telepathy with Vardy too as his perfectly weighted through ball for the goal was a reminder of. 

The set pieces are inexplicable though. 

26 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Rogers must do all he does on Matchdays on his laptop at home the night before. 
Does he not see what we see? 
Does he not see JM10 taking set pieces each time and think to mix it up a bit?

Does he not see KS1 rooted to his goal line for 90% of the opposing teams attempts on goal?

Nice 3 points but this nowhere near gets him off the hook he has been on for a few weeks. 
He might well be liked by all who he has working with him but feck me, he is so non plussed to what goes on in that pitch on match day. 

Its less important But telliing....you Dont see & know what he sees & knows....

Maybe other options cant or Dont want to Take corners, free kicks....Maybe he knows Maddisons learn Process is worth Sticking with and isnt

a 1-4 game trial...

I Dont Think Maddison had a poor game,but he also warnt in Top form...Leicester fans have always summer about missing 1-2 players that can turn a game,but

Today Maddison Chase down space,and ran at their bline, trying to Force Space for our WBs & Tielemans...Their Bline Held up well ( like our past games)

but this time ,we again saw that it was the games average player,that with that Bit of Quality that turned the game...I

Schmeichel is Not a GK, you tell to come out of his Comfort zone, so he has to Take a certain % of the consequences...He does..!!i

The defending of corners or Set pieces....we worked it out last season,then lost it again back end of last season & Returned to Bad habits.

Holding the goal Post defence, is an important Discipline, we leave it too early, WB/FB  guarding post..

We have Evans & Fofana in each others Space & Too close for zonal marking..!!

IMO. One CB should always attack the ball ( Cross-Sjoberg).

Ndidi / Fuchs( Not Mendy) should Take that Tielemans position, then Tielemans  the B.post,or

The Position just outside the P.box.

Our Defense coaches are Not doing their job....we Dont look organized nor prepared,Even before the ball is kicked..

Like Morgan before him, Evans the experienced defender, is Not taking the responsibility he should to organise corner defending.

This should be come even before gameday..

In the end, on Field in game Organisation & discipline is the players job... I have seen even Top Teams struggle at Corners & Set pieces.

But with our bline injury crisis, its becoming rather annoying, & costly....especially where players and manager have Handled the injuries

damn well...

7 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Because in the 2nd half, at not one point did we create any meaningful or even half chance until Vardys through. We never looked like winning and it was truly smash and grab, vs one of the poorest teams in Premier league history.

Yes we played well first half and were the better team overall and to some people they will throw out ‘on balance we deserved to win the game’ but in reality that 2nd half was our same problems showing and this time we got bailed out by a bit of quality from Madders and Vards and a poor Sheffield team with a lapse of concentration.

The problems of that 2nd half should not be covered by the result or we will falter again.

I swear old Kelechi worked a chance through a clever pass by Maddison like. 

27 minutes ago, Peterorange said:

I don't understand why Rodgers is saving him for the tinpot Euroleague. Best attacking player after Vardy.

You wouldn't think that whilst reading the match day threads when he plays. Unless he scores, he's often (unfairly) described as dogshit as are many other 1st team players i.e Madders.