Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Does Maddison start for you?

Does Maddison make your starting XI?   

288 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester and Maddison?

• Leicester a better team with Maddison starting
    • Leicester a better team with Maddison on the bench

Maddison can be very painful to watch at times but as per Sheffield Utd, it only takes him that one pass.

His interview that someone posted the other day really justified his lack lustre performances for me.

Its not that he is lacking quality,  he's just not afraid to try different things which, as he stated, you need to do in the Premier League.

• Like 2

I've been impressed more with him as an impact sub or in games when we've brought him on to have more of the ball. Think we're a better side with Wilf, Youri, Praet and two wingers 

Obviously there's no way he stays here as a bench player 

Edited by foxfanazer

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Depends on our formation. I think we need to remember that he has been played out wide a lot this season and we all concluded a long time ago that it really does not suit him. 

Fair point. The best role for him is probably centrally just behind the front forward. Same as Perez actually. 

Nope, we play better football without him.

Maddison likes to dictate play, holds onto the ball far too long and slows us down.

Praet gives us a different dimension that allows us to be more potent when going forward, his movement, the spaces he picks up and his link play with our forward players is crucial to the way we play.

That should be our way forward from now on, if not then I’d have Perez in over Maddison and go with the 4-4-1-1 formation that won us the league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He's a far better player than Praet but are we sometimes more effective and less pedestrian if he's missing? I have to sadly say yes. That said I wasn't that impressed with Praet today in the final third, some truly abysmal decision making but the rest of his game tonight was so effective for the team and I do like him in this side.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Would like to see this front four: 

Under, Perez, Barnes

Vardy

Same. Would love to see how that works. The four attacking together would be very difficult to defend against and I like the role that Perez can play in this combination to make it all gel.

Maddison is a much better player than Praet for me and it's not even close. We looked very good against AEK athens with praet today but maddison has way more quality performances than Praet on his leicester CV against better teams than Athens's B team. We're a better team with maddison in the 11.

• Like 1

It's a difficult one as I don't think Maddison is up to speed yet and needs to be in the right position to play to his strengths. However, if he is picked he definitely needs a rest from corner duty. Despite the opposition the team had a far better balance to it for me tonight. I would love to see both Barnes and Under again against Brighton together with Vardy and either Maddison or Perez behind him. We can on the back of that performance afford to be positive. There was plenty of movement up front and pressuring, it was good to see. We really don't need any cautious slow build up from the back against Brighton. 

• Like 1