Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Does Maddison start for you?

Does Maddison make your starting XI?   

288 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester and Maddison?

• Leicester a better team with Maddison starting
    • Leicester a better team with Maddison on the bench

Where is everyone who was slating the people within this thread for having a discussion about this? 

Tonight showed how inconsistent Maddison can be. Dropping deeper than both Tielemans and Mendy to pick the ball up off the centre backs? Taking too many touches at times and slowing the play down unnecessarily. I can’t help but feeling Praet would have offered something different tonight coming off the bench. Maddison has the potential to be great but needs to start getting consistency within his game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Said it before but he hasn’t got it in him to grab the game and win it for us when we really need it.

That said nobody in our midfield does it. We massively lack goals from midfield.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He should not becoming deep. We have Mendy & Youri there. He needs to influence play Infront of the oppos back 4. And have more zip about it. One pirouette is enough.

If he is coming deep and regularly pinging accurate 60 yard balls for Vardy or a winger then fair enough.

As it is, all Maddison does when he picks it up deep is play it simple at low tempo and it ultimately serves no purpose other than to up his pass completion percentage. 

I've said it about him before, when he drops deep it reminds me so much of when Rooney began to decline. Wanted to be seen to be influencing the game and getting involved, but ultimately it took him away from what he is actually good at and disrupted the ability to build threatening patterns of play.

We need Ndidi back in midfield, our overlapping fullbacks back, our centre halves pushing right up and him playing as an 8. He isn't the type who can impose himself consistently he needs the right make up around him.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Said it before but he hasn’t got it in him to grab the game and win it for us when we really need it.

That said nobody in our midfield does it. We massively lack goals from midfield.

Not the play maker he thinks he is or that everybody makes him out to be. Good at the short tip tap passing but as for setting up the killer pass and shots on goal, no good enough and that’s what will hinder his England selection. Plays to deep and gets in the way of Youri to much taking the play away from him. Needs to improve.

• Like 4

He's just a bit out of form and is having no influence whatsoever. At this moment in time I'd rather see Perez behind Vardy because since he's had his spell out, he's come back more aggressive and prepared to be a bit more physical. He seemed to link well with Vardy and was constantly looking for him or a team mate. Lately, Maddison appears to give off an air of wanting to do something good to put himself in the limelight. He doesn't seem in tune with the idea of working as a team. I'm sure he'll come good eventually but a spell fighting for his place like Perez would do him good. As a few have mentioned, he's not as good as he thinks he is and he needs bringing down to earth a bit.

Guest Hansifüx

Yes of course, he is probably one of the best in his position in the PL. There is no questions, unless he needs to be rested or isn't fit. But he also needs someone "physical" like Ndidi around him. 

15 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's just a bit out of form and is having no influence whatsoever. At this moment in time I'd rather see Perez behind Vardy because since he's had his spell out, he's come back more aggressive and prepared to be a bit more physical. He seemed to link well with Vardy and was constantly looking for him or a team mate. Lately, Maddison appears to give off an air of wanting to do something good to put himself in the limelight. He doesn't seem in tune with the idea of working as a team. I'm sure he'll come good eventually but a spell fighting for his place like Perez would do him good. As a few have mentioned, he's not as good as he thinks he is and he needs bringing down to earth a bit.

He is starting to believe in his own self promotion 🙈🙉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerry said:

He is starting to believe in his own self promotion 🙈🙉

if some players learnt to play a bit more of a team game we may have a better outcome of scoring and creating chances... I'm all for players taking glory but you need to know when to do that... I've seen it many times this season and it happened against Everton as well.. the main culprits are Maddison, Barnes, Under

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

I don't get the whole over-confident or arrogant criticisms. I personally don't think that its the case, and I have no problem with a player being arrogant, especially one that plays in a position such as his.

He's a young player who is hugely talented but hugely incosistent. He has a lot to work on still.

To me he drops too deep too often to get involved, he's best when he lets Youri create from the back and sticks closer to Jamie. If he needs to move to get space he should be going out wide to do so.

Some matches will suit him, some won't and it's the ones that don't where he needs to get a greater understanding of how he can still affect the game. I have no doubts he will get there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Asking if he starts! He’s the next one we sell in my opinion and raid norwich for cantwell and buendia! 

Fook me Cantwell??? 
If Maddison gets criticised for being inconsistent then you watch Cantwell every week. His best is nowhere near Maddison’s and is seen far less and his worst he is truely awful. 

On 18/12/2020 at 03:35, jimsmallman said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he clearly is very good and would fit into many top sides. 

I just don't think he's as good as HE thinks he is.  In his head he is David Beckham mark II.

How on earth would you know what is in his head? What he is thinking?

• Like 1

I wouldn't start him, only because we need a more defensive emphasis in midfield and potentially more directness and pace in attack. I think we're a better team with Maddison but I don't think tomorrow is the game for him as we will need to play it forward quick and be direct. 

Not sure where this Maddison and Tielemans can't play together nonsense has come from. They're absolutely fine together as long as we have Ndidi in midfield too.

Last season, our form when all 3 started was 11 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses.

If you only look at the stats where they played as a proper 3 in midfield, i.e. no Praet or Choudhury in the midfield and Maddison not on the wing, our results were 9 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Obviously not a massive sample size but still massively impressive.

When they are all fit they simply have to play together as a 3.

• Like 1