Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton (H) - Match Thread

A few things so far:

- Don’t play 3 (or 5) at the back against bottom

half teams. Good to see Rodgers finally seeing the light

- Justin is really becoming very good. His crosses are good and precise. Becoming our second Ricardo

- Madders is so much better playing near top and centrally. Pleased to see he is sharing his freekick load and he is releasing his passes earlier (just need a little more weight at times)

- Perez is having another good game and involved in a few of our key plays. His passing from central midfield is good too. Not a wide player

- Welcome back Wilf. Please don’t get injured. Mendy in at 60 pls

- Tielemans a bit pedestrian today (with Maddison and Perez playing centrally I guess taking a bit of the park away from him)

Edited by Tom12345

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So Rodgers did something right? His ego didn't stop him? 

Did posters say that he never does anything right then? I don't see what you're trying to get at? Surely we should all be relieved he has changed it and gone to 4 at the back which gives us around an 80% + chance of beating shit like Brighton at home. 

• Like 2

Perhaps this is the reason we went out and got Rodgers and we pay him a good whack, there will be a lot of man management this season with games coming thick and fast, players rested tactics changing. The manager and his staff have a lot on their plate this season and will have far more idea of who what and when is required some things will go right some things will go wrong so lets just enjoy it.

Shout out to prime makes a change to have people talking about this game and actually praising the play rather than chatting shite about the "big 6 who are not playing"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, l444ry said:

Only switched the wing backs hasn't he? Doesn't look like a formation change but the fluidity is good it's difficult to tell.

That's my impression too but the reaction on here makes me think I'm missing something. I'm under the impression its a 343 with the wing backs playing very high (due to dominance) pushing Maddison and Perez slightly in field.

• Like 1