Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton (H) - Match Thread

Wow, looked dodgy after 10 minutes, credit to Brendan for changing it we've played some beautiful football capped by an outstanding goal from Maddison and Justin has  put in a fantastic performance and got a great assist. Marvellous stuff!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

RODGERS OUT

:ph34r:

giphy.gif

One of those that gets better with every watch. 

High press, energetic when off the ball. Quick passing to progress up the pitch, and a sumptuous finish by Maddison on his weaker foot. Lovely stuff and more of the same please! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Exactly. Rodgers needs to realise this and trust the players more. 

Its called being a good coach

Anyone, including some of the "geniuses" who post in the pre-match threads can put together a game plan.

A good coach recognizes when its not working, and makes the change ON THE FLY

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

5 at the back doesn't work.....

It wasn't - in terms of the space it was affording Brighton, which is why we switched to a back four. 

So pleased for Madders after his mare at Bramalll Lane. He knew what needed to be done and he stepped up (and over). And delighted for Albrighton too. 

Just now, Walkers said:

Bloody hell Les I know, i'll never get those 30 seconds of my life back will I? Funny how you're coming out with this now and not 25mins into a drab half.

Using the same logic: 

funny how you were gleefully imagining use struggle even before the first whistle and not when we actually were 

Let us never speak of 5 at the back ever again. If that did not show BR that 5 ATB is a waste of our boys talents then he never will. A half of two halves.  Before the change we did not even bother their goalie but afterwards it was a demolition job. Bring on Under and Barnes and lets get 6.

That goal from Madders was pure lesbian nuns in oil.

Edited by sishades

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He switched sides!

Fantastic by Justin.

I know. Just find it hard to believe that @Ric Flair hasn’t seen him play well at right back for us before. He’s been great majority of the season when played in that position. Although, he hasn’t played there as much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

It doesn't, that's why we switch to a back 4 after about 20 minutes.

I'm not so sure, I think we might have just been so dominant the full backs have pushed so up high it appears they are playing a different formation. I'm not sure we are.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

To be fair to the “humble pie” brigade... the formation we started with isn’t the one that’s resulted in us destroying Brighton in the space of 20 mins....

Yes but all those in previous match threads that accused BR of not having the understanding or tactical ability to change things are now being proven wrong. We're all armchair managers but what do we really REALLY know

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

So, holding my hands up.

After seeing the line up I was expecting us to be back to this possessions for possession sake shite but we’ve played really well going forward with pace.

More of the same please!

To be fair the starting line up and formation is not how it progressed and ended the half but credit to Rodgers for changing mid half and noticing where we could be rewarded.

• Like 1