Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton (H) - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Perhaps this is the reason we went out and got Rodgers and we pay him a good whack, there will be a lot of man management this season with games coming thick and fast, players rested tactics changing. The manager and his staff have a lot on their plate this season and will have far more idea of who what and when is required some things will go right some things will go wrong so lets just enjoy it.

Shout out to prime makes a change to have people talking about this game and actually praising the play rather than chatting shite about the "big 6 who are not playing"

Absolutely with you on the prime commentary. Even Alan Shearer sounds unbiased

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We were "whingeing" about the formation. He changed it like we all wanted him to and low and behold 3 goals... So unless we go back to a 5....it's woohooooo

BS...People were complaining about selection...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What makes me embarrassed quite frankly is all of the people posting versions of this comment, to be honest. It just exposes you for what you are and exactly what I described previously - as blind and entrenched as the people you're bemoaning. 

It just illustrates that you aren't actually listening to people's objections, don't want to listen to them and really - if I'm honest - it casts doubt on how closely you're even watching the game. 

The biggest concern people have expressed repeatedly is that 352 (or versions of) stifles our ability to create and score chances and to control a game. 

What you've just witnessed is all of those concerns playing out, we conceded the two first decent chances of the game, we couldn't get control of the match, Brighton were up on possession and we were chasing shadows. 

Rodgers then recognises this, swaps to a 4 at the back, puts Albrighton at left wing, Perez on the right, Madders down the middle and we immediately go on to score three great goals. 

Justin is suddenly having a great game attacking from deeper with us doubled up down the channel because the shape we're plying opens up an enormous amount of space for him to run in to, as Perez spent most of last season doing for Ricardo. 

Almost none of the "moaners" hate Rodgers or are slagging off the players and team, we're just frustrated by the tactics. And @Mark @ttfn myself and countless others have all just been vindicated by what just unfolded.

So honestly, we're thrilled. And none of us started taking aim at you, calling you out and trying to be smug about it. So why did you feel the need? 

Err I said pre match the line up had the option to do just that.

Maybe just let the game play out before making outlandish comments and you won’t end up with egg on your face.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not convinced, I have been watching since half time and it very much looks like 5/3 at the back to me. If it is 4 fair enough, I'll keep watching out for it. 

Its definitely a 4. Look at it right now, it clearly a 4. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How have I? I said this is the first time I've seen him play well at right back? Like pulling teeth this is.

Mate why you getting so worked up I’ve only said one thing lol

Step away from Foxestalk if it’s getting on your nerves. 

• Like 1

Hot take that is going to rile a lot here up - the formation change mid-half was an intentional, pre-planned tactical calculation from Rodgers and I would put money on him mentioning it in his post-match presser.

Bait them into expecting space in the middle of the park and commiting bodies against a packed defence, then hit them with a sudden influx of extra bodies ourselves when they get too comfortable.

We were pretty compact up til that change anyway. Brighton, on the other hand, absolutely shat the bed when we switched and turned it on.

If it WAS the intention pre-match, it's a tactical blinder from Rodgers. Sorry, not sorry.

They've got to chase the game now, and leave space. Trap's set and, barring a remarkable collapse, I can see this ending 5-1 or something.

:brendan:

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

Hot take that is going to rile a lot here up - the formation change mid-half was an intentional, pre-planned tactical calculation from Rodgers and I would put money on him mentioning it in his post-match presser.

Bait them into expecting space in the middle of the park and commiting bodies against a packed defence, then hit them with a sudden influx of extra bodies ourselves when they get too comfortable.

We were pretty compact up til that change anyway. Brighton, on the other hand, absolutely shat the bed when we switched and turned it on.

If it WAS the intention pre-match, it's a tactical blinder from Rodgers. Sorry, not sorry.

They've got to chase the game now, and leave space. Trap's set and, barring a remarkable collapse, I can see this ending 5-1 or something.

:brendan:

...and Donald Trump is secretly a genius who is battling against trans-dimensional Yetis in the deep state

2 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

FIVE AT THE BACK WHY

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Slightly disappointing we've gone back to a very negative formation after such a positive attacking display midweek

2 hours ago, Frost said:

Five at the back.

Sigh.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

“He’s only playing a back 5 until Ndidi is back” 🙄

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

BS...People were complaining about selection...

That's nice.... :frusty:

Also all those were from the first page alone. So you'll find that actually most people did have an issue more so at formation