Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

Off course it was Rodgers fault, he knew how Everton was going to set up and just like when we play Liverpool, he hasn’t got a clue how to play against them.

Im worried this weekend he will fall in the same trap against Spurs, last season we went gung ho and played a high line and they ripped us to bits, be interesting to see what tactics we play.

I'm not sure Everton play the same way tactically as Liverpool? We had lots of the ball and it was individuals who didn't do their job. That's not the managers fault 

21 minutes ago, teblin said:

We just need to start grinding out draws in those games at least.

need wilf in the midfield, Maddison plays better when he’s there. We need the 2 fullbacks back.

That’s a great point. If you can’t win a game make sure you draw it, especially when you average giving away a goal from a corner more than every other game.

As has already been said, it’s down to fine margins. Everton created very little apart from the corner they probably knew beforehand they’d get at least one chance from. They didn’t have to create much though. We did, and didn’t create much, missing the opportunities we did creates.

It’s just so disappointing that there’s the opportunity to do things this season in the league, but there’s the dawning realisation we know we’re probably not quite there yet to take advantage.

Missed Wilf in midfield too I thought, though he was good at the back.

Some nice touches from Under, but I don’t think Rodgers knows what to do with him without unbalancing the side he thinks is his most effective.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Off course it was Rodgers fault, he knew how Everton was going to set up and just like when we play Liverpool, he hasn’t got a clue how to play against them.

Im worried this weekend he will fall in the same trap against Spurs, last season we went gung ho and played a high line and they ripped us to bits, be interesting to see what tactics we play.

Rodgers fault 100%. Should have played Big Wes and played Ndidi in his natural position, unlocking Maddison and Youri further up the pitch. Would have given us leadership and height at the back, no way that corner goes in if Big Wes is in there stopping and arguably if Ndidi was playing his usual role than that shot would not have reached Kasper’s hands to slip through.

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Rodgers took off our most dangerous player.

Lack of respect by Stringer saying if Wes started we would have lost by 5!

I think after we went one down BR should have realised we were getting physically dominated. Bring on Wes (who I think would have coped well against DCL) for Mendy, get the best DM in the league playing in his position.

Also would have got Thomas on to inject pace and get us width on the left side.

So disappointing tonight!

So... put Thomas on for mendy. Fuchs to ch and wilf into mid field.  Simple 

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

Some of what you say is correct, but I have to say I think some, of the Players let the manager down tonight, I have a feeling it may be the same against Spurs hopefully those absentees today will show up against Spurs.

Seems to me that you have two options when you lose a key centre half. One is to just put in who you consider to be the best option and carry on regardless. The other is to pick a proper centre half , warts and all, and maybe tactically protect him and the back four better. Brendan went with the first option and who are we to argue? However, the six players ahead of the back four were so lightweight and anonymous when we were out of possession that there was never any chance of us getting anything out of that game. Bar the inevitable odd scare here and there, Everton won that without getting out of third gear.  

Edited by l444ry

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

It wasn't the defence that was the problem today, our midfield was missing

The defence was the issue. The lack of available defenders meant Ndidi was taken out of midfield. The lack of an attacking full back like Justin (who had to play on the right) or castagne on the left made us flat. We put out the strongest team we could but ultimately it is always going to be a challenge with your entire back four out injured or suspended.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unfortunately unless the owner wants to spend big on a couple of quality wide men were are going to have a plenty of home games like this.

They need to spend big on a talented snarling beast in midfield. A proper Mr. Angry who can galvanise those around him. THAT is what we are missing. 

disclaimer - I’ve got literally no idea who that could be. Sourness, Keane, even Lennon type players are very thin on the ground.  

I still can’t believe Lee Mason saw one angle of that penalty incident and decided there was enough proof it wasn’t a penalty, what is the point of VAR if they don’t show multiple angles of the incident? There wasn’t enough proof with the angle he saw let alone the other angles which makes it seem as if Perez got the last touch

41 minutes ago, Izzy said:

So frustrating. This season is doing my nut in

Look at results for most PL teams, they've pretty much all been up and down

Liverpool got tonked 7-2 at Villa.

Man City couldn't beat WBA.

Chelsea have just lost back to back.

etc etc

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Do people just turn a blind eye to the fact we just played with probably one first choice defender . 

Plenty will.

• Like 1