Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

32 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Does this not tell you he's being played in the wrong position to shoe horn in Maddison? 

One or the other, JM and DP or YT and DP.

You'll get no argument from me. I prefer us with praet over maddison. I think the latter is a better attacking player, but we tick better asca team with Dennis. 

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Thought Dacoure looked sensational tonight btw

Big, strong midfielder who can play a little rendering Tielemans et al, impotent

We need a Dacoure in our squad 

Doucoure is as maddeningly inconsistent as many of ours, he had a good game is all.

For me I think our team is too nice... there’s been many games like this where we look like school boys playing nice football but against a seasoned mens team.

Games like this you need pace and width with overlapping full backs. I mean look how many problems we caused them on the right side, they had to change to try to nullify JJ.

1 minute ago, Fktf said:

You'll get no argument from me. I prefer us with praet over maddison. I think the latter is a better attacking player, but we tick better asca team with Dennis. 

Praet is more consistent, not sure it would have made a big difference looking at the overall performance.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The issue isn't Wilf's performance at centre back. It's missing his presence in midfield 

Yes I understand his presence in midfield is an important one but having a solid defence against a team that scores a lot of goals is arguably more important in my opinion. I can see why Rodgers made that call. Also for the majority of the season Mendy has been excellent so I think it was the right decision to be taken at the time. Maybe it'll be looked at differently in future by Rodgers but what's done is done and I can understand it and for me it did work to a some degree in nullifying most of their threat. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

What was in your opinion? 

For me it was the reason we beat Brighton so comfortably 

For me, its that our creative players don't show up when we need them most. We beat Brighton because they were rubbish and gave us space. Ok you can argue Ndidi allows them to play better but I reckon that's a bit simplistic. Tielemans and Maddison have to be able to dominate, even without Ndidi. Fuchs at left back as well, meant we never had the threat of the overlap and Barnes was isolated. It again highlighted the difference Ricardo and Castagne will bring in these sort of games.

• Like 1

I think in game team management to blame, if fuchs was unable to overlap with Barnes then Albrighton shoukd have replaced fuchs. Barnes was marked out if the game, Maddison or fuchs draw defenders off him which is why our right side best outlet till ancelottii worked that one out and swapped full backs to deal with justin. What did Rodgers do? Swaps under for Perez. Rodgers performance 3/10

Just now, Vazman said:

Praet is more consistent, not sure it would have made a big difference looking at the overall performance.

Helps with the press more too. We could have done with turning the ball over more, before Everton had chance to get into their shape.

But I think I agree. Mendy is good at covering the spaces and passing lanes but tonight needed ndidi to turn it over. I don't think praet on his own would have made a difference. 

The whole league is crazy this season. This performance was as I expected, especially with Evans out. We needed niddi in midfield. We had no bite in midfield and that’s where the game was lost. I hope we can get some of our injured players during the festive period. Players like JJ need a rest

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yes I understand his presence in midfield is an important one but having a solid defence against a team that scores a lot of goals is arguably more important in my opinion. I can see why Rodgers made that call. Also for the majority of the season Mendy has been excellent so I think it was the right decision to be taken at the time. Maybe it'll be looked at differently in future by Rodgers but what's done is done and I can understand it and for me it did work to a some degree in nullifying most of their threat. 

I disagree. Wilf has to play CM we conceded the game there, there was no disruption to their play, Mendy is a more passive CDM, whereas he’s had a decent season he doesn’t give us the bite Wilf does. I would have much rather us have reverted to a back three and tried to keep it tight and Nick a goal. Instead we flopped gifted them two poor goals and could even get a toe hold let alone a foot hold in the game. There was no result threat to nullify, Everton will probably walked off that pitch wondering what actually happened for 90 minutes, mostly is ****ing about and gifting them chances. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

For me it was the reason we beat Brighton so comfortably 

I'd say the reason we beat BHA so comfortably is that they gifted us space down the wings and didnt pack out their defence. The exact opposite of what West Ham, Fulham and Everton did.

Just now, Lad1966 said:

The whole league is crazy this season. This performance was as I expected, especially with Evans out. We needed niddi in midfield. We had no bite in midfield and that’s where the game was lost. I hope we can get some of our injured players during the festive period. Players like JJ need a rest

As you say this season is crazy. We are inconsistent, yet if scores stay the same we are 2 points from topping the table and sit in 4th place.

Whilst I am one of the first to become angry at the poor performances we have to take a step back and look at the season so far without fans and with the injuries we have had. 

I think it’s the false hope from great results that kills me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

For me, its that our creative players don't show up when we need them most. We beat Brighton because they were rubbish and gave us space. Ok you can argue Ndidi allows them to play better but I reckon that's a bit simplistic. Tielemans and Maddison have to be able to dominate, even without Ndidi. Fuchs at left back as well, meant we never had the threat of the overlap and Barnes was isolated. It again highlighted the difference Ricardo and Castagne will bring in these sort of games.

Fair enough. I don't completely agree but respect your opinion. We know how important a defensive mid can be for transitioning play quickly from defence to attack. Kante was a god at it and I rate Wilf as highly personally 

Just now, murphy said:

Out-muscled, sloppy passing, limp in attack, goalkeeping error, conceding from a corner, penalty given and taken away, offside goal... 

...Apart from that... Okay I s'pose.

Want a job commentating, impressive enthusiastic post match analysis 🤣

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've crammed in 6 games in 14 days - including a long trip to Ukraine - with several first choice regulars out injured. Let's not forget that.

You can trot out the reasons/excuses for the defeat in terms of missing personnel, fatigue - you name it - and yes, to a degree they are valid, but do you not acknowledge that there is a fundamental flaw in the ponderous, predictable way we try to play against teams that take the lead against us at the King Power?

Unless Rodgers gets to grips with that and shows a bit more tactical flexibility - oh and sorts out our lamentable record at corners (at both ends) while he’s at it - more disappointments like tonight’s seem sure to follow.

Four teams have used pretty much the same blueprint this season to beat us on our own turf. That’s a macro problem that the manager, for all his prowess and pedigree, needs to resolve if this season of enormous promise is not to deflate like the last one.

7 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Under is more Gray/knockhart than Mahrez that’s for sure

I think he will need to show a lot more before we agree to pay another 20 mill to make his transfer permanent, but we'll see. I do think though that it is significant he cannot yet command a regular starting place