Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Which part of what I’ve said was wrong?

On another day, Kasper saves the first goal and Vardy scored his golden chance and we go in at the break 1 up.  
Fine margins, we didn’t get the run of the green today, it happens some times.

It’s not fine margins though is it. Our performance deserved absolutely nothing from the game and Everton fully deserved their win.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Is Mendy the problem? Rarely passes it forward ? Side ways back wards to our back three / four . When one pass was enough!
Any decent side is back in shape...

Pratt should have come on at half time for Mendy who had been booked.

How/ why did Harvey stayed on over under ? 
If we don’t score early at home , we turn in Arsenal and try walk it in

soo frustrating..

Ref played into Everton’s hand wasn’t giving their squeals a second thought till they scored...

Injuries cannot come back quickly enough... 

Mendy is only any good against sides that come to play Everton didn't really. 

2 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Is Mendy the problem? Rarely passes it forward ? Side ways back wards to our back three / four . When one pass was enough!

soo frustrating..

Ref played into Everton’s hand wasn’t giving their squeals a second thought till they scored...

Ndidi is definitely the more effective in intercepting and passing forward with pace. Mendy is a great back up or a player to bring on to protect something. When we go a goal down and then we get a low block against us, I’m not sure he’s the answer. I would’ve definitely moved Ndidi into midfield. Ref was awful btw.

2 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

Honestly I didn't think we were that bad, Ndidi was very good, one keeper error first half, we didn't take our chances, ref gave us nothing, Everton were well organised, move on. We will play worse and win. 

Bang on. Just two poor goals and imprecise in their final third. They were average to me, but we were stuck in 3rd gear all night.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And why not show the fact the ball goes nowhere. Don’t touch the player and he still has the ball. You could fart on the ball and cause more movement.

Anyway we were shite.

Yeh we were shite but that was a strange VAR reversal. Mason is a fraud as a ref. 

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I agree with this. And NOT slimani. Wouldn't mind a big striker with good feet who can hold it up if we need to play more directly. There must be some about we can get in. Could we go for Giroud??

You just described Nacho (on paper) 

I'm not too optimistic for the Spurs game but after Christmas if we can get Cags, Ricky and Castagne fit and back in the side I think we'll see a slot more consistency in our performances. We do need at least one more creative player in Jan though as when Madders and Tielemans have a bad game Vardy becomes isolated and we lack any real goal threat.

Its hard...Bit just to Repeat a Match thread post..

Just felt it in my bones..We weren going to hold Off an Everton side, with an injury strewn, Made up bline...

I had hoped,that our front 6, could create enough Room to Balance it out...

Tielemans ,seemed too busy covering the bline...and too occupied to get in tandem with Maddison....

Evans in our case would of Made a difference,Plus its time to rest Fuchs and Trust more in Thomas...

Those injuries across the bline ,then with Ndidi...has just been a too bigger Cross to bare,the deeper we Move into

the 2/3 of the season....We have lost 4 home games...But still Hang onto 3-4th..

We ,this forum für  majority said when injuries became accute,  if we can still Pick up points, We can attack the end of the 2nd half, or even

towards the end of the 2/3....

Our midfield is handicapped, with our bline injury problems...

Tonight, I would of started with Thomas...

Rodgers hands has been tied...and our Onfield-player -tactics too passive...I

Though we had some chances,where we should of scored....

I am also missing from our Top players a more confidential and belief mind-set...

Again I Dong Think we was so bad,but we cant yet seem to be able to Grab hold of a game,to Grind out points...

W.ham ,is the only game, er were out of it....But Villa, Fulham, Now Everton we should have ground out some points....

Plus Barnes..yo.yo performances confuse me...its These Type of games he should and we Need to Grab hold of...

Though from now, for at least 3-4 games, I would Keep the Barnes/Vardy/Under triangle...Somehow get Ndidi back in his normal position..

This Releases Tielemans & Maddison on Front foot thinking...

Next game..Evans is back...and Thomas replaces, a Now tiring Fuchs. Mo matter what Ndidi DM..even if Justin/Fuchs/Morgan has to Play CB..

God if we had,had a 98% Player availability....I believe we might Not have been 10-12 pts. Better off,  but 6-8pts . Would also have seen us performing better,

and Holding a bigger Gap in 1-2 place....

Just now, hejammy said:

I'm sorry you cannot blame BR for today. The players were poor not the system. They made wrong choices, no conviction in their passes, kept looking to pass back. No urgency etc. That's not on BR 

Off course it was Rodgers fault, he knew how Everton was going to set up and just like when we play Liverpool, he hasn’t got a clue how to play against them.

Im worried this weekend he will fall in the same trap against Spurs, last season we went gung ho and played a high line and they ripped us to bits, be interesting to see what tactics we play.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Spot on. The usual excuse merchants are back out in force. We were NEVER going to win tonight 

Not after their first goal.  Created nothing in 2nd half.

I honestly believe Madison goes AWOL against even reasonable teams.

Youri barnes and praet play better without Madison.

Thomas and barnes play well.. so he plays fuchs.  

2nd half needed Thomas on for mendy... fuchs to ch and wilf to mid

Jj was our most creative player... yet barnes was not used as an out ball

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

soo frustrating..

Mendynwas our most effective playmaker today, offered far more than Maddison or Youri did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Its hard...Bit just to Repeat a Match thread post..

Just felt it in my bones..We weren going to hold Off an Everton side, with an injury strewn, Made up bline...

I had hoped,that our front 6, could create enough Room to Balance it out...

Tielemans ,seemed too busy covering the bline...and too occupied to get in tandem with Maddison....

Evans in our case would of Made a difference,Plus its time to rest Fuchs and Trust more in Thomas...

Those injuries across the bline ,then with Ndidi...has just been a too bigger Cross to bare,the deeper we Move into

the 2/3 of the season....We have lost 4 home games...But still Hang onto 3-4th..

We ,this forum für  majority said when injuries became accute,  if we can still Pick up points, We can attack the end of the 2nd half, or even

towards the end of the 2/3....

Our midfield is handicapped, with our bline injury problems...

Tonight, I would of started with Thomas...

Rodgers hands has been tied...and our Onfield-player -tactics too passive...I

Though we had some chances,where we should of scored....

I am also missing from our Top players a more confidential and belief mind-set...

Again I Dong Think we was so bad,but we cant yet seem to be able to Grab hold of a game,to Grind out points...

W.ham ,is the only game, er were out of it....But Villa, Fulham, Now Everton we should have ground out some points....

Plus Barnes..yo.yo performances confuse me...its These Type of games he should and we Need to Grab hold of...

Though from now, for at least 3-4 games, I would Keep the Barnes/Vardy/Under triangle...Somehow get Ndidi back in his normal position..

This Releases Tielemans & Maddison on Front foot thinking...

Next game..Evans is back...and Thomas replaces, a Now tiring Fuchs. Mo matter what Ndidi DM..even if Justin/Fuchs/Morgan has to Play CB..

God if we had,had a 98% Player availability....I believe we might Not have been 10-12 pts. Better off,  but 6-8pts . Would also have seen us performing better,

and Holding a bigger Gap in 1-2 place....

Reading your posts is actually quite...... Hard......Work.....

Rodgers took off our most dangerous player.

Lack of respect by Stringer saying if Wes started we would have lost by 5!

I think after we went one down BR should have realised we were getting physically dominated. Bring on Wes (who I think would have coped well against DCL) for Mendy, get the best DM in the league playing in his position.

Also would have got Thomas on to inject pace and get us width on the left side.

So disappointing tonight!

• Like 1

We are not alone.

Just about every team has been inconsistent all season hence the table is so tight.

Absence of fans and the surreal atmosphere means the training ground mentality are still hovering around and teams get stuck in training ground mode from time to time.

We have been great in games and crap in others but are no different to most other teams.

Its a strange season and until stadium's are full again I think the inconsistencies will continue.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I think along similar lines to this. Defensively the modern premier league is all about low block and defending deep. If you go a goal behind you are really hard pressed to get through the opposition defence as it's just packed and some teams particularly away will play like that from the start.

It's not just us who struggle with this, every team in the league does, I'm not sure there is a specific easily achievable tactic that you can use against it. I really dont know what the answer is.

We also have a terrible habit of conceding the first goal in home games. We've done it in 6 of the last 8. Even Brighton could have been 2 up on Sunday. We just never seem to come out of the blocks and fly into teams from the off.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2