Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

6 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

You’ve got to be kidding me?

It was an absolutely horrendous performance.

We’ve just been beaten at home by an Everton side playing in 2nd gear.

Which part of what I’ve said was wrong?

On another day, Kasper saves the first goal and Vardy scored his golden chance and we go in at the break 1 up.  
Fine margins, we didn’t get the run of the green today, it happens some times.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Rodgers is a good manager but he's not worth £10 million a year if these performances continue to be provided on a regular basis.

I'm sorry you cannot blame BR for today. The players were poor not the system. They made wrong choices, no conviction in their passes, kept looking to pass back. No urgency etc. That's not on BR 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Its games like this when you have to rough it up a bit and our lack of height and a physical striker shows in these games. Sort it in Jan Brendan. 

I agree with this. And NOT slimani. Wouldn't mind a big striker with good feet who can hold it up if we need to play more directly. There must be some about we can get in. Could we go for Giroud??

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh - why did the ref only get 1 angle of the action replay for the goal? The only angle he got shown was the one that would most likely to make mason change his decision, not any that might make him stick with his original decision. 

And why not show the fact the ball goes nowhere. Don’t touch the player and he still has the ball. You could fart on the ball and cause more movement.

Anyway we were shite.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Which part of what I’ve said was wrong?

On another day, Kasper saves the first goal and Vardy scored his golden chance and we go in at the break 1 up.  
Fine margins, we didn’t get the run of the green today, it happens some times.

That might be true if we didnt all think weve watched that match many times b4

Still in the top 4 btw, still going to be above Chelsea and Manchester City even if they win their game in hand. 

Yeah we didn’t play amazing but we’ve played weekend and weekdays for about the past 4 weeks. Do I think Rodgers got it right today, maybe not but were there individual mistakes that cost us... yes. 

people are so reactionary in this fan base, this less than a week since pundits were calling the first half against Brighton the best half of the season

Edited by LCFCbwoi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

That was excruciating. Literally everything went wrong. My least favourite player in the Prem scored against us yet again despite hardly scoring all season beforehand and then we inevitably concede off a corner thanks to their huge height advantage. We so need to get some first choice defenders back. Despite the commentators lauding them I thought Everton were pretty rank too, not to mention cynical with time wasting, diving and tactical fouls.

They were well organised, scored from a long shot and a corner, but the most impressive part of their game was the time wasting.

I genuinely see this quite simplistically 

1. we have some very tidy players, tricky, skilful BUT physically lightweight. Pérez, Tielemans, Maddison... you can knock em all over with a feather

2. Therefore, when we are on top, it all looks lovely, but when we need to grind games out with physical presence, a bit of grit, and savvy.. we are severely lacking

3. Rodgers IS a one trick pony. Yet again tonight he had no clue how to change things up to get a result

We’ll continue to win some, lose some, look great one week, look shite the next

Ad Infinitum I reckon...

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

We missed Evans tonight. That caused a domino effect, no Wilf in midfield, that then releases Yuri and Madders etc. 

Key changes caused big effect but fair play to them they did a job on us. 

Shouldn't get booked 5 times in the space of 12 games. TWELVE. Talk about lack of discipline.

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

We missed Evans tonight. That caused a domino effect, no Wilf in midfield, that then releases Yuri and Madders etc. 

Exactly my thoughts 

• Like 1

It's definitely an annoying loss for many reasons - but we didn't play poorly IMO.

9 out of 10 times Kasper makes that save

9 out of 10 times Vardy puts that chance away

? out of 10 times that pen is given (I honestly don't know the answer to this, but it's more than 0)

It's a loss, it happens, move on.  At least we're not Arsenal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Is it just Leicester or modern football?

It feels like if we make a mistake and go behind, that's that. Game over.

Feel like we haven't even played that badly but when you're playing a team sat on a lead it just seems impossible to break them down.

As soon as they scored I lost all hope for the game. Almost a write off.

I think along similar lines to this. Defensively the modern premier league is all about low block and defending deep. If you go a goal behind you are really hard pressed to get through the opposition defence as it's just packed and some teams particularly away will play like that from the start.

It's not just us who struggle with this, every team in the league does, I'm not sure there is a specific easily achievable tactic that you can use against it. I really dont know what the answer is.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely see this quite simplistically 

1. we have some very tidy players, tricky, skilful BUT physically lightweight. Pérez, Tielemans, Maddison... you can knock em all over with a feather

2. Therefore, when we are on top, it all looks lovely, but when we need to grind games out with physical presence, a bit of grit, and savvy.. we are severely lacking

3. Rodgers IS a one trick pony. Yet again tonight he had no clue how to change things up to get a result

We’ll continue to win some, lose some, look great one week, look shite the next

Ad Infinitum I reckon...

Agree 110%

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

he had Morgan sitting on the bench he could have played him at CB and Thomas left back with Nididi in his natural position..

I don't know what to think anymore cba.

• Like 1