Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

4 minutes ago, sishades said:

We must get rid of Zonal fecking marking.

Zonal is our worst player, can’t mark for toffee! 😄😭

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

A game of fine margins

a mistake from Kasper

a big miss from Vardy

Holgate reacting first

a penalty that should have been given not given.

Not nearly as bad a performance as some are making out, just one of those days.

You’ve got to be kidding me?

It was an absolutely horrendous performance.

We’ve just been beaten at home by an Everton side playing in 2nd gear.

• Like 4

Unfortunate today in my opinion, Schmeichel saves the first goal or Tielemans or Vardy score then its a completely different game.

Lee Mason had an awful game though, for both sides. Unluckily for us though, the decisions he got wrong for us were in much more dangerous positions. 

Create nothing with plan A, so stick with plan A. We're never gonna be a consistent top 6 team if we keep losing to average teams at home, they hardly have to do anything to win, most are guaranteed to score from a set piece too, just sit on their leads and watch our slow and passive build up play, garbage at home yet again!

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Why doesn't he take tielemans off. He looked knackered from about 20 minutes in. Keep playing him in every game is gonna kill him off. 

He’s looked knackered from 20mins in every match since he joined. I have no idea why, all he does is jog around casually in front of the back 4, I don’t think anyone has ever seen him sprint.

Youri literally was running behind his marker all game. Was never available for a pass from the cbs. At that point we lose, because he's the only player that links def to attack without maddison dropping and leaving vardy isolated.

2 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

ndidi needs to go back to defensive midfielder as he sprays the ball loads quicker than mendy. 3 1 win incoming at spurs

There is no chance we get anything at Spurs.  Son, Kane and maybe Bale won't have an easier time this season if we have to again play a makeshift defence in a roulette formation depending on which side of the bed Brendan gets out of.  Any manager with an ounce of intelligence knows how to set up to beat us and its so glaringly obvious.  

Like tonight, you can see the defeat coming with 70 minutes left to play from our setup. And you know it won't change, and any personnel changes only come AFTER the game is gone.  

I genuinely done know how a team can go one week playing brilliant football, to the next week not being able to pass to a player 5 yards from you.  How do you go to them extremes week in and week out? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I know I'm biased but it looked a pen to me. It looked like he stood on his toe.

The ball didn't move even with the so called slightest touch it was a 100% penalty and even if gomez did touch it slightly he still fouled Perez while perez was able to run onto the ball.

Its a penalty and we didn't get it but thats what we probably deserved 

I don’t think the formation is the issue tonight. 
Kasper should save that regardless of the shape. 
Their 2nd goal was due to rigid, static defending. 

I think it’s more about the lack of aggression and energy that we show. We were too slow in possession, we didn’t press high as a team, it was all too inconsistent and half-arsed. There were one or two night moments with some quick one touch play. But no end product. 

Considering the key players we’ve missed for such a long time, we’ve done remarkably well to still be 4th. Fuchs is gone. He hasn’t got it at this level as a regular starter. 

• Like 1

Just now, harpendenfox said:

There are always some emotional posts after a defeat but:

’Tielmans are Barnes are both crap’ makes my top 10 ‘the poster’s had a mare there Jeff’ list

Well they are? Barnes is a bit nippy but nothing else, and Youri has had zero impact in pretty much any game this season.

1 minute ago, danny2997 said:

Unfortunate today in my opinion, Schmeichel saves the first goal or Tielemans or Vardy score then its a completely different game.

Lee Mason had an awful game though, for both sides. Unluckily for us though, the decisions he got wrong for us were in much more dangerous positions. 

Agreed. So much hysteria on here after a defeat. The time for hysteria is after a game like Bournemouth away, not this one

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

A game of fine margins

a mistake from Kasper

a big miss from Vardy

Holgate reacting first

a penalty that should have been given not given.

Not nearly as bad a performance as some are making out, just one of those days.

Honestly, that wasn't fine margins. We didn't have a clue. Defensively woeful but you can kinda look past that with basically a second string defense including fuchs who's quite frankly just not good enough anymore. 

BUT the front 4 plus Youri you cannot forgive. All of them were terrible to some degree. You can't blame BR for that as it's the front 4 we've been asking for. On paper should be amazing but today was a kind reminder of "don't meet your hero" kinda thing. All just very lazy in their passing. No imagination. Poor choices of pass. Lacking enthusiasm 

• Like 2

It was a bad night at the office. The sense of foreboding hit the moment Evans got the yellow card and was heightened when we conceded the early goal. We’ve not shown enough to get back into most games when that happens. Having said all that, we have yet to see our best starting line up. We are still missing potentially our first choice back four / five and yet we remain in the top four. Any Leicester team of old that was missing so many first choice players would probably be in the bottom four. We move on...

Edited by Philkeavo