Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (A) pre match

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Gotta feeling we are going to win today

Why not.. Dunno why you're getting laughed at. Nothing wrong with optimism Col, regardless of what the majority think on here, especially when we're currently in the top 6 too.

Up the Foxes.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I far less blame Rodgers than the players just not asserting themselves. The players considered the better ones need to show it more often. 

I don't believe these two factors can be separated. Behind every successful team there's an individual whose will-to-win infuses the players' approach with the same commitment. It can be, rarely these days, an on-field leader like Roy Keane, but predominantly it's the manager.

Klopp, Guardiola, Ferguson and Mourinho all share(d) a commitment to win which is prioritised over any other issue. If Spurs do win the title it will highlight the difference between Mourinho and Pochettino's differing approaches.

I suspect Poch, Rodgers and the much-mourned Gerard Houllier lacked that overriding ruthlessness.

Tielemans, in particular, has to develop a more intense approach to enhance his technical and perception qualities. Schmeichel cannot lead from goal and Vardy is very much an individualist. I think Maddison has to step up as a leader - foregoing the primadonna mentality which seems to engage him atm. Maybe Castagne has the potential, or Soyuncu. I feel Evans is an organiser more than a captain. 

I'd like to see more demands made of each other by the players and more aggression than displayed generally. Maybe we're too nice a team.

2 hours ago, majaco said:

I don't know why I dislike Spurs so much.

I like them even less because of their manager.  I thought it a blessing when he was sacked by Man U as I thought it might signal the end of him in  English football.

I really hope we win.

Perhaps 'cos we are Nobodies :dunno:

• Haha 4

Drop mendy and Fuchs with  castange and Justin at LB and RB  play 5 in midfield with wilf as the holding midfielder with vardy and Perez up front we’ve put in some great performances against the bigger teams so far this season especially the 5-2 at Man City and the 4-1 vs Leeds can’t see why not we can’t win at Spurs just stop Kane and heung min son good luck lads 

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Gotta feeling we are going to win today

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why not.. Dunno why you're getting laughed at. Nothing wrong with optimism Col, regardless of what the majority think on here, especially when we're currently in the top 6 too.

Up the Foxes.

It wouldn't be a surprise and quite typical of us, given the results generally are so unpredictable this season, a 4-0 win or 4-0 defeat wouldn't raise an eyebrow....

Looking forward to a fresher look with hopefully Castagne starting and Wilf back into DM..

4 or 5 at the back, who knows ?

That all said, I have a bad feeling for today..

We know Spurs will sit and wait for our attacks to break down before they counter at pace..

Let’s hope for once we find a way of getting through a stubborn defence..

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Leicester are nobodies and Arsenal are so far behind.....

...... that they finished first and second ahead of Spurs 😀

I think that was what annoyed me most that season. They acted as if they deserved it, almost as bad behaviour as 90s Man United fans. If it was just Pochettino doing it then fair enough but it seemed to be a whole culture of entitlement. There was literally no patting on the back from them. We got it off every other set of fans, as well. 

• Like 1

something has got to change with the way we set up today or Spurs will rip us to shreds. Think 3 at the back leaves us too exposed. Maybe sit both Wilf and Youri deeper and allow Madders a bit of a free role? It’s going to be really tough. We can’t afford to commit too many men forward.

2 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

something has got to change with the way we set up today or Spurs will rip us to shreds. Think 3 at the back leaves us too exposed. Maybe sit both Wilf and Youri deeper and allow Madders a bit of a free role? It’s going to be really tough. We can’t afford to commit too many men forward.

Go a goal down and we are stuffed, will just get picked off a la Mourinho.

I so so want to win us to win this one. It's a big ask but we all know the performances that the boys are capable of on their day.

Unfortunately I think that the way Spurs are set up at the moment is exactly the kind of team we struggle to break down and they are the best at it in the league at this moment in time. I'm guessing it will be a low scoring game, with us creating a few chances (with us hopefully taking them) and Spurs trying to catch us out on the counter or at set pieces. Kane and Son are absolutely ruthless at the moment.

I'm hoping Ndidi back in the midfield will make a big difference today.

Hate to say it, because I despise him, but Harry Kane is the only striker in this league that I fear us playing against. I remember back in the 00s when we came back to the prem there were loads of strikers that gave me that feeling. 

Add Son to the mix and even I, with all my optimism, can't see us getting a result today. 

I hope I'm wrong though. 

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I've taken Vardy (for Kane) out of my Fantasy team so he will probably get a hat trick with Kane and Son getting sent off knowing my recent luck with that!

I replaced Barnes with Son, which judging by my past performance means a red card for Son and a hat trick for Barnes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Hate to say it, because I despise him, but Harry Kane is the only striker in this league that I fear us playing against. I remember back in the 00s when we came back to the prem there were loads of strikers that gave me that feeling. 

Add Son to the mix and even I, with all my optimism, can't see us getting a result today. 

I hope I'm wrong though. 

Same. Kane is such a great finisher with such a good record against us. He'll shoot, and score, from anywhere.

The level of striker has gone down since the 00's for me. Back then coming up against Owen, Shearer, Henry, Yorke, Cole, Fowler etc who were all great goalscorers where as now/recent seasons there's only two strikers I fear and that's Kane and Aguero.

22 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I replaced Barnes with Son, which judging by my past performance means a red card for Son and a hat trick for Barnes.

I put Barnes in for a game and he didn't play!

Zaha was ill so took him out then returns and scores 2.

And well I must be the only person who gets next to nothing with Salah or Mane!

11 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Thank you for your sacrifice for us 

Cheers.

Spurs have done well but they do really rely on Son and Kane don't they - both got injured last season but got away with it as the lock down happened so they were back in time for them to get into Europe.

If the same happened this time not sure they'd even be certain for top 4* let alone title contenders ....unless Bale came good.

*Ok they would but mainly because everyone is so inconsistent. 

Edited by Super_horns